stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

theonlyski

***Anything?

We hope the Times-Call will make a genuine effort to provide balanced and accurate reporting of the trial's closing statements, which are scheduled for 2 p.m. May 1 at the Boulder County Justice Center, Courtroom Q.

Given that it's currently just about 11am, there is still a few hours before the closing statements.

First site visit scheduled for 1100.
Weather looks doubtful: http://www.aviationweather.gov/adds/metars?station_ids=KLMO&std_trans=translated&chk_metars=on&hoursStr=most+recent+only

Closing statements scheduled for 1400.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******Anything?

We hope the Times-Call will make a genuine effort to provide balanced and accurate reporting of the trial's closing statements, which are scheduled for 2 p.m. May 1 at the Boulder County Justice Center, Courtroom Q.

Given that it's currently just about 11am, there is still a few hours before the closing statements.

Weather looks doubtful: http://www.aviationweather.gov/adds/metars?station_ids=KLMO&std_trans=translated&chk_metars=on&hoursStr=most+recent+only

:D:D

Weather: automated observation with no human augmentation;
there may or may not be significant weather present at this time

Sucks that they're going to probably end up dragging this out further.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

*********Anything?

Look at the upside: that will increase CQS's legal costs.
(Right, Andy9o8?;))
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The weirdest thing for me is after reading about kimmy and her problems I started to notice that, even though I live about twenty miles from a small airport, there are planes above me. They use my area to do training so they are doing stalls all the time. The funny thing is that they have been doing it for a lot longer then I ever noticed, my neighbor trains student pilots and he said they have been flying here for 30-40 years. It's pretty cool really since I'm not bothered by the sound, lately I only notice it when I hear silence for too long after a stall. Now those damn kids and their Friday sing alongs at the school across the street that I chose to live next too have got to go! Ok they are actually awesome too. Imagine waking up to fourty kindergarteners singing "cause I'm happy, clap along if you know what happiness is to you"!
For most it's a subconscious thing that goes unnoticed until it's pointed out. I feel sorry for the people in Longmont that have never noticed it until they heard kimmys incessant whining.

normiss

Maybe not..."Noise? WHAT NOISE??? Case dismissed."
:D

Last thing that happened in court was defense motion for directed verdict so it could be over quickly. But if judge was leaning that way I doubt she would have bothered scheduling site visits.
Sitting outside courtroom now.

ryoder

Site visits rescheduled for May 2.
Closing arguments rescheduled for 1400 May 6.

Yes. Mother Nature is being a bitch. Again. *throws fish at Mother Nature*

Stupid Mother Nature screwing up my wingsuit jumps...

Yesterday was nice, though!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Or... The Otter will be forced to fly lower than usual because of the cloud cover, thereby causing more noise than usual for the judge-observer, leading to an unfavorable outcome...

Ryoder: Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on this case.

FlyingRhenquest

***Site visits rescheduled for May 2.

So will you be participating in tomorrows Court Ordered Boogie?B|

ryoder

******Site visits rescheduled for May 2.

We'll see how I do about dragging my ass out of bed. I tend to not keep hours that are compatible with courts, apparently.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

*********Site visits rescheduled for May 2.

We'll see how I do about dragging my ass out of bed. I tend to not keep hours that are compatible with courts, apparently.

The site visits are this afternoon, but I don't know what time.

Edjglass920

As was predicted here the plaintiffs are claiming it's not as loud as it normally is. Smh

"Gibbs added that, usually, she can read the numbers off of the Twin Otter's tail."

Riggghthttt...she can usually read the tail number of this a/c operating out of an airport 6 miles away. :S

"Gibbs added that, usually, she can read the numbers off of the Twin Otter's tail."

If she can read the numbers off that paint scheme as the plane is flying over her house...I think DAPRA (Defense Advanced Projects Research Agency) would be very very interested in talking to her.

I think miss Gibbs has a very fast and loose definition of the truth.

All: this website and Facebook and an internet blog were admitted into testimony to show the judge that the skydiving community was hostile towards complainers and that more people would have likely complained but for the risks associated with complaining. Specifically, some very derogatory comments made online regarding Kim were shown to witnesses for them to make comments (and thus the judge saw them.) Also some pre-trial motions were decided based on online comments in favor of the plaintiff. The DZO, who is footing the bill for the trial, said Dropzone.com and Facebook "did us no favors" to his (our) case .. On behalf of many Colorado skydivers, who attended the trial and showed the judge and plaintiff respect, please keep it kind. You may disagree with Kim, but because of the active trial, and the fight with the City is far from over, it is important to keep it polite. The other thread on this topic was shutdown with pretty strong words by Sangrio. Please don't rehash that...

tdog

All: this website and Facebook and an internet blog were admitted into testimony to show the judge that the skydiving community was hostile towards complainers and that more people would have likely complained but for the risks associated with complaining. Specifically, some very derogatory comments made online regarding Kim were shown to witnesses for them to make comments (and thus the judge saw them.) Also some pre-trial motions were decided based on online comments in favor of the plaintiff. The DZO, who is footing the bill for the trial, said Dropzone.com and Facebook "did us no favors" to his (our) case .. On behalf of many Colorado skydivers, who attended the trial and showed the judge and plaintiff respect, please keep it kind. You may disagree with Kim, but because of the active trial, and the fight with the City is far from over, it is important to keep it polite. The other thread on this topic was shutdown with pretty strong words by Sangrio. Please don't rehash that...

I couldn't agree more, thanks for saying this. That "Citizens Against Citizens for Quiet Skies" facebook page has done more damage to our cause than anything else with the derisive and sexist comments they allow on every posting and I would encourage people to unlike it and distance themselves from those opinions.
http://www.mixcloud.com/prajna
http://vimeo.com/avidya

tdog

You know, I'd almost feel bad about whatever is wrong with Kim''s brain except for the fact that if her constant harassment does manage to shut the dropzone down, I'd feel compelled to sell my house 10 minutes from the airport and move to Eloy.

And also, most people aren't concerned with it. I mentioned the lawsuit to the guy who runs the coffee ship down the road from the runway and the first thing out of his mouth was "But what about the trains? Those things are 10 times worse than the airplane noise!" But I doubt that sort of thing comment would make it into evidence since the defense has better things to do than stalk skydivers in private skydiver forums that you have to obtain a login to even see.