stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

The 4-bladed props are produced and sold by a third party, (Raisbeck), and not the mfgr.
They are authorized for use on the DHC-6-300.
MHS has a DHC-6-100.

There's more than just the Raisbeck STC.
MT Propellers has an STC for a 4-bladed prop that's approved from the -100 series thru the -400 series.
STC SA03368NY

All those other "demands" are pretty unreasonable.

gunsmokex

I think its time to call in John Elway, the Denver Broncos and the Broncos Thunderstorm demo team. Those things are sacred in Colorado just like the buffalo is to the Native Americans.

We were lucky enough to ATTEND the Broncos-Bills game Dec of 2014. The Demo team made a GREAT performance and were a Crowd favorite..... GOOD idea, to have some Prominent citizens of the area, chime In....
I am nervous,,[:/] and a bit uncertain....... about the idea of having ONE person i.e. the Judge, make this decision.... I sure Hope that HER HONOR,,,,, is blessed with some common sense...:|

Yeah I was kind of joking and couldn't help it....I'm a Raiders fan ;) But yeah definitely if you involve some public figures and talk to the Thuderstorm it couldn't hurt. I can't wait to get to Raiders Broncos game someday to see them burn into a packed stadium like they do and then head to the DZ to jump! What DZ does the Thunderstorm jump out of?

jimmytavino

***I think its time to call in John Elway, the Denver Broncos and the Broncos Thunderstorm demo team. Those things are sacred in Colorado just like the buffalo is to the Native Americans.

We were lucky enough to ATTEND the Broncos-Bills game Dec of 2014. The Demo team made a GREAT performance and were a Crowd favorite..... GOOD idea, to have some Prominent citizens of the area, chime In....
I am nervous,,[:/] and a bit uncertain....... about the idea of having ONE person i.e. the Judge, make this decision.... I sure Hope that HER HONOR,,,,, is blessed with some common sense...:|

gunsmokex

Yeah I was kind of joking and couldn't help it....I'm a Raiders fan ;) But yeah definitely if you involve some public figures and talk to the Thuderstorm it couldn't hurt. I can't wait to get to Raiders Broncos game someday to see them burn into a packed stadium like they do and then head to the DZ to jump! What DZ does the Thunderstorm jump out of?

I've seen 'em take the Otter and I've seen them take one of the King Airs. I think it just comes down to what they have flying on that particular day.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I don't really notice it, unless there is a plane flying overhead fairly low. Say below 3,000 ft.

I have grown up and lived most of my life around an AFB. Grew up will Shaw AFB near by, while in the Marines and living in HI was stationed at Kaneohe Bay which is a Marine air base, and now live near Shaw again, so jet noise is pretty common.

(Those jets are loud though, I wonder if i could get a petition started to shut Shaw down :))

I don't really notice it, unless there is a plane flying overhead fairly low. Say below 3,000 ft.

I have grown up and lived most of my life around an AFB. Grew up will Shaw AFB near by, while in the Marines and living in HI was stationed at Kaneohe Bay which is a Marine air base, and now live near Shaw again, so jet noise is pretty common.

(Those jets are loud though, I wonder if i could get a petition started to shut Shaw down :))

Not sure if this was posted somewhere earlier, but wow...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49C6Kij6xl0&feature=youtu.be&t=3h58m47s

She wants to restrict touch and goes, helicopter operations, skydiving aircraft, parachute landing area "this is public land that is currently being given away for free":S... or close the airport.

I really like the part that she says a city is the people who live in the city, at a city council meeting... but she doesn't live in the city.

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

From the article...

"Ingrid Moore, who lives near the airport and is a Citizens for Quiet Skies supporter, seconded Gibbs' opinion. Although Ingrid Moore is married to Council Member Jeff Moore, she wanted it made clear she was speaking only for herself."

and, I' sure Kimmy didn't recruit Ingrid because of her connection to the council member. The article also states that Kimmy wants the DZ to become a better neighbor. How about Kimmy learns to become a more tolerant neighbor? Stop bitching about Mile High from Florida.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Anyone with Common Sense, Must know that areas NEAR airports WILL be exposed to
certain amounts of :o Noise :o from said aircraft.....
IF a "developer" buys unoccupied land Near an airport,,,,,maybe because it is at a reduced price, and they Cannot Put 2 and 2 together to REALIZE,,, why it might be at a reduced price, then they may "sleep in the bed that they made " .... sheesh..anyone buying a house ANYwhere, needs to do their "due diligence" and take into account, such things as neighbors, the various businesses nearby and maybe WHY the property was being offered, at "such a bargain price"

To BUY, and move in, and then try to RALLY the entire community, to CHANGE things which were Already there,,,, is selfish,,, narcissistic and downright idiotic...

When I am up in the air in a skydiving aircraft, what I am Always aware of,,, is the fact that while we are Told,,,, all the land is "taken Up" there are " No Open spaces anymore ".... Population growth and urban sprawl has " Used up all the vacant areas... " I STILL SEE many Many square Miles of Undisturbed land,, Undeveloped spaces, and woods and fields, Totally Unoccupied..... Maybe developers should re-focus on Those tens of thousands of acres and homeowners who want to find Quiet peaceful properties, "without disturbance " (whatever THAT means ) NEED to GO to the more remote places...and Build THERE..

I could only take a few minutes of that video. The woman lives in her own little world,,, and should be Glad that she didn't move in next door to a Landfill, or a pig farm, or a chicken farm. During her " home search " perhaps she was distracted by the " 2 and a half baths," and "finished basement " etc etc.
Her inability to LEARN,,,,about what was happening around and Above her,,,is her own damn Fault imho :|
How Dare she waste the time, resources , and public funding which are Now being spent on a selfish, frivolous and Unnecessary and protracted legal struggle....Does she NOT have a Job???? does she NOT have a Life?????
She reminds me of the folks we see on the daily JUDGE Shows on TV... a person who compiles Pages and pages, Folders and Folders, Hours and HOURS of "evidence and / or documents "... every bit of which is slanted and stilted to HER point of view.... totally idiotic....:S
anyway..... we'll be watching.

jmy[:/]

I saw that yesterday and got a good laugh out of it... I guess we shall know more on Friday, one of the articles says the closing statements will be then.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

mirage62

Anything?

We hope the Times-Call will make a genuine effort to provide balanced and accurate reporting of the trial's closing statements, which are scheduled for 2 p.m. May 1 at the Boulder County Justice Center, Courtroom Q.

Given that it's currently just about 11am, there is still a few hours before the closing statements.