stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

ryoder

***http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_27904056/trial-opens-lawsuit-against-longmonts-mile-hi-skydiving

Looks like they're in court for it this week. I'd be interested to hear if anyone is attending and how it's going. Scheduled for the whole week apparently.

That video at the bottom of the article is special too.

Much better video: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/04/13/longmont-resident-in-lawsuit-calls-skydiving-plane-penetrating-debilitating/

I appear twice (briefly) in it.B|
Oh, and the reporter is a *babe*, who looks much better in person!

I'm trying to take notes of it all, but hell, I could write an article just on the first day.

Glad to see there are supporters there for the DZ.

Ingrid Moore is an interesting person. Her house was built in 2001, 5-6 years after the DZ opened there, yet she complains about it?

Also interesting that she lives less than a mile from the airport but complains about airplane noise.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

******http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_27904056/trial-opens-lawsuit-against-longmonts-mile-hi-skydiving

Looks like they're in court for it this week. I'd be interested to hear if anyone is attending and how it's going. Scheduled for the whole week apparently.

That video at the bottom of the article is special too.

Much better video: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/04/13/longmont-resident-in-lawsuit-calls-skydiving-plane-penetrating-debilitating/

I appear twice (briefly) in it.B|
Oh, and the reporter is a *babe*, who looks much better in person!

I'm trying to take notes of it all, but hell, I could write an article just on the first day.

Glad to see there are supporters there for the DZ.

Ingrid Moore is an interesting person. Her house was built in 2001, 5-6 years after the DZ opened there, yet she complains about it?

Also interesting that she lives less than a mile from the airport but complains about airplane noise.

The left side of the bell curve is well-represented in their complaints.
cavete terrae.

Ingrid Moore is also the wife of council member Jeff Moore, Jeff received about $700 from members of cqs. While that amount is not in line with Koch brothers donations, his campaign only cost about $4000. He is the council member for that ward of the city and has a duty to represent the businesses(mile-hi) in the ward and not just the few people who donated to his campaign. It is no surprise that every comment he makes in the paper is pro Kim Gibbs.

JWest

Wait, if you move into a house next to an airport that has an established skydiving company, isn't that exactly what you are signing up for?

I'm sure they were patting themselves on the back for getting a house in Boulder County for cheap. One has to wonder if they noticed the airplane noise when they were looking at the house. I was looking at houses on a Saturday with my room mate, so they'd have been turning loads with the otter and king air every 20 minutes. Didn't particularly notice them.

I wanted something a bit closer to the airport, myself. I'd live right on the flight line, if I could. Nothing but HOAs and condo crabs on that side of town, though. I got in on a nice place in Southmoor park. 10 minutes from the airport, right on the otter's flight path on jump run, just dropped Longmont's gigabit fiber in.

Road noise, the neighbor's dogs and that damned train are all louder. Fucking train woke up up at 1:30 and 2:30 last night. Then a police car going down 287 set the neighbor's dogs off. There's some other single engine plane that goes over that's a lot louder, as well, but none of them fly that late. About a quarter of the time I think I hear the otter, it ends up being someone mowing their lawn. Longmont's a pretty damn loud place, but airplane noise is pretty far down the list.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Edjglass920

Ingrid Moore is also the wife of council member Jeff Moore, Jeff received about $700 from members of cqs.

So if we give him $701, will he start backing Mile High and telling the media what a terrible person Kim Gibbs is?

Who wants to bribe a councilman?

yoink

***Ingrid Moore is also the wife of council member Jeff Moore, Jeff received about $700 from members of cqs.

So if we give him $701, will he start backing Mile High and telling the media what a terrible person Kim Gibbs is?

Who wants to bribe a councilman?

Or spend $5000 and terk his jerb!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Edjglass920

Ingrid Moore is also the wife of council member Jeff Moore, Jeff received about $700 from members of cqs. While that amount is not in line with Koch brothers donations, his campaign only cost about $4000. He is the council member for that ward of the city and has a duty to represent the businesses(mile-hi) in the ward and not just the few people who donated to his campaign. It is no surprise that every comment he makes in the paper is pro Kim Gibbs.

There's certainly nothing preventing local citizens from very publicly urging Moore to recuse himself (if that hasn't been done already). The glare of public scrutiny, and all that, etc...

The judge dropped a surprise on the court at the very end of the day:
Tomorrow will not be the completion of the trial.
In a couple weeks she will be visiting the homes of two plaintiffs, (one close to Vance Brand, and one distant), and will observe the Otter take a load to 12,500 from each location. Then closing arguments will be made back in court that afternoon.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

\
In a couple weeks she will be visiting the homes of two plaintiffs, (one close to Vance Brand, and one distant), and will observe the Otter take a load to 12,500 from each location. Then closing arguments will be made back in court that afternoon.

I wonder how much money this very, very simple solution has cost people so far?

ryoder

The judge dropped a surprise on the court at the very end of the day:
Tomorrow will not be the completion of the trial.

My money is on the nutjobs claiming that the otter is flying quieter during the observation period if the judge says it's not nearly as bad as they're making it out to be.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message