stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

For someone that's sooooo into economic development of the area... She's hosting her site in Chicago/San Antonio.

Ironically, she's even gotten the hidden registration thru a listing in Canada. :D:D:D

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

normiss

Private/hidden registration is not an accomplishment so much as a payment.
;)

I am well aware, my domain has a hidden registration as well...

I just find it entertaining that she was trying to call us out, when she went thru the steps of making the owner of her site... But then put her contact info on it.:D:D

Hey, it's almost Friday again!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

ryoder

Hey Gibby... define reasonable!!!! B|

"I was told that I could listen to the Otter at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the Otter while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the Otter because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.":D

B|B|B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

lifewithoutanet

No. Blacked-out Maules, Cessnas, RVs are another story. ;)

I do now have access to a Piper and Beach. :)

Not blacked out though, so I guess they don't count.

joeybee

This lady is a special kind of CRAZY. Are the "Skydivers" doing fly-overs of her house in "Black Helicopters"?

Hey Joey. Skyjumpenfool just got banned from Gibby's website. Apparently the truth is too much for her to handle. B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Iago

***Now this is classic

http://youtu.be/nRaxNnDPEFM

That is too freakin' funny!

'Downfall' works so well with just about any parody.

I must have missed the original.... Genius! The first Downfall parody I ever saw was the online poker one. Funniest shit I have ever seen, I couldn't stop laughing for a while after that one. "FUCK THEM AND THEIR LOLDONKAMENTS!!" :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

joeybee

This lady is a special kind of CRAZY. Are the "Skydivers" doing fly-overs of her house in "Black Helicopters"?

You ain't seen crazy yet... MORE NOISE IS ON THE WAY KIDS!!!!

http://www.bcbr.com/article/20131114/NEWS/131119957

"The new hangar nearby will be able to accommodate larger planes for maintenance than what's currently available," Myers said.

kcjen24

"The new hangar nearby will be able to accommodate larger planes for maintenance than what's currently available," Myers said.

Well, maybe she will try to get the FAA to shut down V85, looks like it goes right above her area.

:D:D

kcjen24

77,000 airplane takeoffs and landings per year

Oh my gosh, that's one every 7 minutes, year round! How does anyone get any peace and quiet there?

Not surprising. As much research as she's done to fulfill her agenda, there's bound to be some other people out there.

That group says:

A community movement to halt the expansion of Eagle's Nest Airport in West Creek, NJ, and reduce the noise, lead contamination and crash risk.

Ironically, I'd think that having a longer runway would lessen the risk of a crash (due to not running over and such) and lead contamination? Most of the piston pounders that I'd think would use this airport, probably could already use it with it's current length runway (though maybe a bit tight for some).

Elevation: 37 ft. / 11 m (estimated)
Dimensions: 3200 x 60 ft. / 975 x 18 m
Surface: asphalt, in good condition

So, depending on the expansion, they're probably looking more for jet traffic which... of course, doesn't use 100LL.

Wouldn't ya know it? There is a DZ at that airport! http://www.skydiveeastcoast.com/

Given that it's asphalt, I don't know of any current jump planes that need a longer runway. We put fully loaded Otters, PAC-750s, Caravans, C-182s (I believe a Twin-Bo was there too) all off of a 3100' grass strip with obstacles on both sides.