stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

I always have to stop and look up to see who it is. I can identify the otter by engine sound pretty reliably.

You want to talk about noise, how about the guy who drives down my road at 2am with apparently no muffler on his vehicle, or the 18 trains a day that come through, blowing their horns at 2am, long after all self-respecting airplanes have gone to bed!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I think I am going to complain to JeffCo airport. I live just up the street from the airport and work across the street from it. I keep getting interrupted trying to work or do anything because of planes flying over head. I have to stop what I am doing to go see what kind it was or when there were the fires I had to go stand at the fence line and watch them refuel like a little kid....ASSHOLES

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I have this same problem. JiMMyT and I were discussing this recently.
When something unfamiliar flies over, I drop everything I'm doing (well, not always >:() and run outside to see it!!!
B|

I even softly forced myself into the local maintenance hangar that was restoring an old A-4 Skyhawk after seeing it fly over.
Now friends with everyone on the project. Speaking of which....I'm due for a Friday night beer visit at the hangar.
:PB|
You should have seen me following that thing in my truck....then snooping all over the airport to find it!!

I think I am going to complain to JeffCo airport. I live just up the street from the airport and work across the street from it. I keep getting interrupted trying to work or do anything because of planes flying over head. I have to stop what I am doing to go see what kind it was or when there were the fires I had to go stand at the fence line and watch them refuel like a little kid....ASSHOLES

It's not Jeffco anymore, it's Metro. Apparently the airport is fancy but not gay. Arapahoe is also Centennial and Stapleton is no more.

On the original topic, having made more jumps at Mile Hi than my home dropzone I really hope nothing happens with noise bullshit. It's really a wonderful dropzone with great people.

On the original topic, having made more jumps at Mile Hi than my home dropzone I really hope nothing happens with noise bullshit. It's really a wonderful dropzone with great people.

It seems like it's mostly died down now. They're expanding the runway and no one talks about the issues so much anymore. It sounded like most of the trouble was going on before I started jumping, back in July.

I hear the planes pretty regularly from my house, but they're no more obtrusive than the commercial jet I hear flying over right now, and much less so than street noise and the trains. I've been living in Longmont for a couple of years now and I still get woken up by cars and trains at 2am.

I hope the runway expansion leads to commercial service between Longmont and DIA. A round trip to DIA via the interstates is miserable. You could hit the toll road, but IIRC the round trip is something like $40 that way. I seem to recall the price was similar with the super shuttle. If I could just fly out of Vance Brand or fly visiting relatives there, it'd be worth a pretty hefty premium to me to not have to mess with any of that. I'm not sure if enough people feel similarly to make it profitable, though.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Clearly you have not seen a picture of Kim.
She beasty fugly IMO.
:)
Might explain quite a lot actually.

Pinup material?

Clearly, your picture is old/outdated (and in comparison to reality, actually DOES look like a glamour-shot / pin-up! ;))
...See instead, rather a more recent/current one, attached. :)
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

It's not Jeffco anymore, it's Metro. Apparently the airport is fancy but not gay. Arapahoe is also Centennial and Stapleton is no more.

Yes I know it is Metro, I was being a smart ass like the rest of my post. I literally work across the street in an aviation based company ;) In fact we had VIP tent on the flight line for the airshow this summer!!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Thanks. Now I have to stab my eyes out.
:D

The sad part is, I've uncovered evidence that she is a former pilot for the Walt Disney Corp. In fact, I think I may have a picture? ....... Yep! See the attached...

All in good fun...:P
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I thought they were building the world's most badass swoop pond last weekend, but it's just taxiway excavation.

I think the old swoop pond mostly dried up this summer. The Google Maps satellite picture of it looks like there's hardly any water at all in there! No sense in making that bigger!

Clearly you have not seen a picture of Kim.
She beasty fugly IMO.
:)
Might explain quite a lot actually.

Pinup material?

Clearly, your picture is old/outdated (and in comparison to reality, actually DOES look like a glamour-shot / pin-up! ;))
...See instead, rather a more recent/current one, attached. :)

This is nothing a judicious application of "Chef's Pleasure Bag" couldn't fix...

>:(

Who wrote that? I couldn't find any "byline" or signature. IMO, it is cowardly to bitch and remain anonymous. The list of possible authors is very short, but that's not the point.

I know it's an editorial, but doesn't anyone ever check facts before publishing something? 2005? It is irksome to imply that the DZ set itself up smack dab in the middle of an existing community, when in reality, MHS has been there for almost 20 yrs., which is certainly longer than the vast majority of the residents, and planes have been taking off and landing there since 1942.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

If I'm walking to lunch with co-workers, they won't even notice the plane noise until I point the plane out. Most of the time I don't even notice them over the road noise from the street, and they're much less loud than the trains that come through here every half hour or so, blowing their horns day and night. Unless you're specifically listening for the plane, you probably won't notice it most of the time, and if you're the kind of person who listens for them so you can specifically be annoyed by them, there's really not going to be any pleasing you anyway, until the airport is completely gone. Which isn't likely to happen now that they're lengthening the runway.

>:(

Who wrote that? I couldn't find any "byline" or signature. IMO, it is cowardly to bitch and remain anonymous. The list of possible authors is very short, but that's not the point.

I know it's an editorial, but doesn't anyone ever check facts before publishing something? 2005? It is irksome to imply that the DZ set itself up smack dab in the middle of an existing community, when in reality, MHS has been there for almost 20 yrs., which is certainly longer than the vast majority of the residents, and planes have been taking off and landing there since 1942.

Sounds like you should write them a counter-letter.

Speaking of which, anyone know when this video was made? Jeff Sands died in 2003, so it had to have been before that. If you look at the shots of them flying over Longmont, there's a LOT less there than there is now. For one thing, an entire housing development south of the airport is nowhere to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOwBsMtAxrw

Not, I suppose, that pointing out that they were here first would have much effect, it sounds like a few people just like being bent out of shape and the airport is a convenient target. Down in Florida we had a name for those people; "Condo Crabs." Living in their condo on the beach and getting pissed off about things that no reasonable human being could possibly get pissed off about.

As I sit here at work[:/] in the Denver area looking at 50+ degree temps with just a trace of clouds in the sky, while i'm sure there is a "Mile-Hi now call" taking place, I read this this and sigh. It reminds me of a similar battle in a town were I used to live, a lady didn't like the music playing on a local FM radio station, she too rounded up a possey, and some how got the station to change it's format. While the vast majority of people in this world would(as I would)say "Just change the station if you don't like the music!" It shows us that there is a certain type of people out there that get so hung up on the things that bother them, they look for it! And look to find ways to take the cake away from everybody just because they don't like that particular flavor.

I don't like to eat spinach, so I don't eat it, buy it, or order it. I'm not gonna try and get the farmer to stop growing it, because I know other people enjoy the stuff.

To each his own!

Speaking of which, anyone know when this video was made? Jeff Sands died in 2003, so it had to have been before that. If you look at the shots of them flying over Longmont, there's a LOT less there than there is now. For one thing, an entire housing development south of the airport is nowhere to be seen.

Not, I suppose, that pointing out that they were here first would have much effect, it sounds like a few people just like being bent out of shape and the airport is a convenient target. Down in Florida we had a name for those people; "Condo Crabs." Living in their condo on the beach and getting pissed off about things that no reasonable human being could possibly get pissed off about.

Had to be 1997 or earlier, I'm still wearing my protec

Had to be 1997 or earlier, I'm still wearing my protec

Sorry but your confusing the issue with facts.

The female Mcnasty is on a mission:S She feels entitled to have it her way and isn't going to stop until that dreadful airplane noise in her head goes away.

All she wants is what she's entilted to. Peace and Quite so she can hear the flowers growing and winning. Until then she will continue to whine whine whine.

I actually feel sorry for the lady. Wasteing her golden years becuase defeat is not a option in her present mnd set.
One Jump Wonder

Ban brussel sprouts!

You're just a hateful old woman. There is nothing wrong with brussel sprouts. You are probably just steaming them too long. You should be forced to eat Brussels sprouts twice a week until you see the light.

Whoa...brussel sprouts have psychoactive properties???? Who knew

Maybe they should be added to this list.
http://faculty.unlv.edu/landau/psychoactiveplants.htm

:ph34r:

STEAM?!!! BRUSSLE SPROUTS?!!!!!
They should always be served roasted. No wonder you hate them.

Ban brussel sprouts!

You're just a hateful old woman. There is nothing wrong with brussel sprouts. You are probably just steaming them too long. You should be forced to eat Brussels sprouts twice a week until you see the light.