stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

I got this private message from a user who will remain nameless ;).

I got a kick out of it, maybe you will too.

"This lady is not trying to "shut them down" She just wants them to find an isolated place to drop skydivers...a place that is not next to residential area. Good grief! There are thousands of acres of open space in Colorado. This is a no-brainer.

I've watched this lady in action a number of times. She is very out-spoken and influential, and has many well-connected friends."

I am tired of boom boxes and the joy riders of the sky assaulting my senses. People live in Colorado because of the open space and natural setting, and these dive-bombing nuisances are a huge irritant. It's like trying to find peace and tranquility in a hornets nest! Enough!

I for one, am filled w/respect & arousal for a woman who has the stuff to stand up for what she believes in. It's sexy B|!! I know this is you, Kimberly. I think you're hot :$. Most little girls don't have the stones to take a stand. Most lil boys here are threatened by your no-nonsense style.

You ROCK, beautiful :)

You guys are no fun :|. Mm_kaaay? April Fools to y'all, anyway.

I am tired of boom boxes and the joy riders of the sky assaulting my senses. People live in Colorado because of the open space and natural setting, and these dive-bombing nuisances are a huge irritant. It's like trying to find peace and tranquility in a hornets nest! Enough!

I for one, am filled w/respect & arousal for a woman who has the stuff to stand up for what she believes in. It's sexy B|!! I know this is you, Kimberly. I think you're hot :$. Most little girls don't have the stones to take a stand. Most lil boys here are threatened by your no-nonsense style.

You ROCK, beautiful :)

You guys are no fun :|. Mm_kaaay? April Fools to y'all, anyway.

I knew you were bullshitting us, just wasnt worth a response. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Your one warning.

And to everyone else - consider this your one warning. You cannot attack someone here even if you disagree with them.

Also consider that you are posting on a public forum. You may not like one person posting on here, but if this issue becomes a contentious public one, people who may be supportive of skydiving in Colorado will come here to read what skydivers have to say - and this thread might just change their minds, resulting in serious problems for DZ's in Colorado. So think before you post.

+10.

A troll is a what it is. We took the bait and ran with it.
One Jump Wonder

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA5FXE1lKCI&feature=player_embedded

Yea bitching because they live under the approach for the runway. Nice little video to bitch about an otter landing, just think if it had been taking off how much she would have been bitching.

Sorry but Ms. Kimberly Gibbs is a moron!

I just checked out her channel, how does she have 4 takes on the "twin otter noise assault" ALL at 8:30 a.m. that is a REALLY fast plane if thats the case.

Seriously, this woman desperately needs to focus her attention on something else, she sure has a lot of energy and time, why not put it to good use?

this woman desperately needs to focus her attention on something else

Yes, like getting her "facts" she seems to like to espouse maybe a bit more "put together" before she goes espousing them.

MileHigh is so darn inconsiderate towards their resident neighbor! - It's so abundantly obvious!! ...You know, being so darn adamant resistant and all - to put those "industry standard" hush-kits onto their Twin Otter like (she says/insists) Deland did!! Clearly SHE is right, and absolutely everyone else in the world is wrong.

:S:S:S[:/]

WTH is wrong with YOU? :P

Hopefully, regardless though - she finds a way to move along, and somehow find peace in her life. There's just got to be some other motivation behind her clear and obvious ill-will. Personallly, I feel sorry for her (now reading all that I have on this), and I honestly instead find myself here now feeling sorry for her, and wishing for her, an ability to get through/over whatever it (clearly) is with herself and her self-inflicted "ills". Regardless - no matter how you slice it, "living" that way, truly is, no way to live.

If you happen to be reading this Ms. Gibbs - Honestly, truly - think about it. I wish you good health and happiness, and that you can truly find both for yourself, in your life.

Seriously.

Cheers,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

It's like trying to find peace and tranquility in a hornets nest!

I'll agree with that. - Absolutely right!! WTH. ...But then again, YOU do not move into that hornets nest (or right next to it) - and then begin calling for, and expecting that peace & quiet! - :S:o
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I'll agree with that. - Absolutely right!! WTH. ...But then again, YOU do not move into that hornets nest (or right next to it) - and then begin calling for, and expecting that peace & quiet! - :S:o

And that right there is the whole argument in a nutshell.

She moved there. The airport was already there. If she doesn't like it, sell the fucking house and move, or shut the fuck up. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And that right there is the whole argument in a nutshell.

Now now Ladies and Gentlemen

Can't we just agree that we disagree and move on to something more sgnificant.:)

:ph34r:
One Jump Wonder

Well Gee... I hear the area around Lincoln, Montana is nice and quiet. It seems to have drawn a few techno-phobes like Ted_Kaczynski

Back to Nature..... Naturegirl:)

Yo! If you live in Colorado for the open space and natural setting then why exactly did you settle in the most densely populated part of the state next to an airport?

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

I am tired of boom boxes and the joy riders of the sky assaulting my senses. People live in Colorado because of the open space and natural setting, and these dive-bombing nuisances are a huge irritant. It's like trying to find peace and tranquility in a hornets nest! So I moved here and figure I can impose my will on everything and everyone around me because I am a "Formadable Opponent". Enough!

Yo! If you live in Colorado for the open space and natural setting then why exactly did you settle in the most densely populated part of the state next to an airport?

B|

Fixed it for her.... better? Well, at least it reads correctly now.B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

People live in Colorado because of the open space and natural setting, and these dive-bombing nuisances are a huge irritant.

I live in Colorado because I grew up here. Most of the people that I know who moved here did so because they or their parents got a job here. A handful of people I know moved here for the natural beauty. All of those people moved to the mountains for the peace and quiet.

I live in the city of Denver. It's noisy, polluted and dirty. I don't expect open space and natural settings here in the city. I'm not going on a rampage trying to get all the hospitals to move away from me. Or the fire departments. Or the traffic. I bought my house with understanding of what it entailed.

You are free to move to the mountains (if you can afford it. I can't). There is a lot of peace and quiet there. That's probably part of the reason why it's so expensive.

Asking everyone you don't like to move away from you, after you moved there, is the height of narcissism. Especially if they were there before you came.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Asking everyone you don't like to move away from you, after you moved there, is the height of narcissism. Especially if they were there before you came.

The "house in question" was built in 1982. I recieved this information from "nature girl." Who knows when she (Kim Gibbs) actually moved in.

You are spot on with the comment about narcissism.

Give me this "lady's" address, and if I get anywhere close in the semi, I'll blast her out with the air horn...
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

Hey Naturegirl (Kim?),

We just got some excellent news. It looks like they may be expanding the airport to include a test track for the F1 circuit. These cars will easily cover up the noise of the skydiving planes. Due to the air density in Colorado, it makes the perfect testbed and they hope to run 7 days a week with cars from all over the world. Don't worry, the screaming engines will only be able to be heard 20-30 miles away. The city has restricted their testing to occur from 6am through 11pm.

Here's a sample of what you'll be enjoying:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUKz6raBGNo

Isn't it great to know how much worse your life "could" be?

Here's a neat little reference:
140dB Hearing protection required (definite long term damage)

140dB human throat and vocal cord resonance occurs

141dB Nausea felt after a few minutes

144dB Nose itches due to hair vibrations

145dB Vision blurs due to eyeball vibration

147dB Formula 1 race car full throttle drive bye

149dB Human lungs and breathing begins vibrating to the sound

150dB Loud rock concert, at speakers

150dB Sensation of being compressed as if underwater

152dB Vibration is painful and felt in joints

153dB Throat vibrating so hard it is impossible to swallow

Only 6 Decibels away from being impossible to swallow! Sounds like fun!

Details found here:http://www.decibelcar.com/menugeneric/87.html
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Love your sentiment, but annoying these people worse is not the answer. As my wife always says... "kill em with kindness". ;)

You're right, of course -- but it sure is enjoyable to think about!
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.