Hi price of gas
Low interest rates
Hi interest rates
Inflation
Dropping home prices
Increases cost of senior centers
People that can't spell

So many problems such little time.

Wait a miute do you hear that? >:( Its that deadful airplane noise it just won't stop.:(

We're doomed, doomed I tell you.:S:S

R.

One Jump Wonder

Is it a best out of Three or Five Rounds Match?
When does the City, FAA, or the DZ get to sue Kim. and Crew, for Harassment and lost wages, wasted Tax Payer moneys?

What I don't understand is why it bothers them so much. I used to live 1.5 Miles right off the end of a major international airport. You just get used to it....

I think the difference is that they see the small airport as vulnerable to complaint. They think a small airport is not important, since they will not fly out of it to go on vacation.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Just paint her face green and she'll make a good wicked witch of the west! :P:ph34r:

sorry aobut the green... all i could find was one in black and white.

B|

Works for me. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey! I know Kim Gibbs, and I resent these negative comments. She is a very smart, highly professional lady who cares deeply about her community, and the quality of life that is being impacted by these noisy, obnoxious airplanes. She has a lot more support than is apparent on this blog. Trust me. You have a formidable adversary!

First, this is not a "Blog" It's a forum for skydivers (and Woofos - that’s you) to discuss skydiving issues.
Secondly, the folks who frequent this FORUM jump out of airplanes for fun. Your "formidable adversary" does not scare them.

And lastly, there is a very simple solution to this whole issue. If you or any others don't like the noise, MOVE!!! If Ms. Gibbs hasn't figured that out yet, I question just how "smart" she really is.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

It use to be legal to drive through town with your super bass radio blaring away at top volume. You don't hear that much anymore do you? Know why? It's ILLEGAL! Just a heads up....

Yes, because you can turn a radio down. If you 'turn the props down' you get a plane landing on your head.

Also a teenager with a car stereo is not bringing much money into the local economy..... Can't say that about a busy airport.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Hey! I know Kim Gibbs, and I resent these negative comments.

And we are skydivers and pilots and resent you saying we 'fly like jerks'.

She is a very smart, highly professional lady who cares deeply about her community, and the quality of life

A smart person would not move next to an airport and then complain about airplane noise. Unless she owned her property before the 1940's... the airport was there first.

As for caring about the quality of life.... She is only concerned with HER quality of life. She does not seem to care about the pilots and the skydivers that use that airport, or the pilots and skydivers that work at that airport. For HER quality of life... I suggest she move away from the noise. The airport was there first and the FAA and city have already pretty much said she has no case.

You have a formidable adversary!

And so does she. Luckily, we have the FAA and the city behind us. (BTW, I don't even live anywhere near there, and have never jumped in CO at all).
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Just paint her face green and she'll make a good wicked witch of the west! :P:ph34r:

sorry about the green... all i could find was one in black and white.

B|

Well, now we know why dear Emma is in such a snit. I found a picture of her husband:

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

http://www.timescall.com/news/longmont-local-news/ci_19517981#idc-cover

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-For-Quiet-Skies/213188222077598

The chick in this story has a major issues with mile high skydiving, she's a hater! (and taking notes on other dz's in the us)

Not only is she a nutcase, her and most her followers are clueless on how the national airspace system works and who is in charge of rule making and standards. This is a great example of how one or two very misinformed people can cause a lot of problems for people in wasted time and money by a business and by the city/FAA to deal with them.

And you guys thought farmer Mcnasty was bad.

Wonder when she'll start bitching about the noise from this low-flying airplane yesterday.

Oh wait, never mind. No skydivers on board. No problem.*

:(

* Condolences to the families of those who came out on the short end of this collision stick.

Mile Hi is ~8 miles from her?

Approx 10 miles due east of Gibbs, private residents have hangers & private planes at their homes in Erie (Weld County?) - Parkland Airpark. Makes me wonder what they might have to say to the McNasty's and complaints.

Saw that story. You may remember the skies west 206 deal back in the day, now that was a bad mid air... I had just started jumping there when that happened.

That was my home DZ at the time and in addition to losing a good friend on the jump plane I was involved in counteracting the spin the airline company tried to put on it that the jump plane was at fault.

Turns out the twin engine commuter's pilot had their heads in the cockpit and just flew right up the ass of the jump plane -- when it was directly over the open-NOTAM/chart-marked DZ.

Chewed the tail off, chopped the heads off the two jumpers in the back and sliced the foot of one other jumper. Commuter crashed, all aboard KIA.

The jump pilot and three (?) other jumpers all survived by bailing out of the 206.

In addition to calling reporers that I knew and providing the facts, I actually went to the home of the airline's PR person and explained to her gently but firmly that she was getting very bad information and that it was in her company's best interest that she cease and desist because both the radar record and the wreckage itself provided irrefutable evidence that the commuter pilots blew it.

She was not happy that I tracked her down, but to her credit she listened and from that day forward, the airline basically said "tragedy for all involved. no further comment while it's under investigation" and that was the end of that.

As usual, an uptick in first-jump students followed.

B|

I am tired of boom boxes and the joy riders of the sky assaulting my senses. People live in Colorado because of the open space and natural setting, and these dive-bombing nuisances are a huge irritant. It's like trying to find peace and tranquility in a hornets nest! Enough!

I am tired of boom boxes and the joy riders of the sky assaulting my senses. People live in Colorado because of the open space and natural setting, and these dive-bombing nuisances are a huge irritant. It's like trying to find peace and tranquility in a hornets nest! Enough!

Without these “dive bombing nuisances” you would just find something else to bitch about. You have ignored the question about why you bought a home near an airport in the first place. Care to answer now or would you prefer to just complain?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I don't know how long you have lived next to a Federally Funded airport and I truly do not care, but sounds like your best option is to move. The FAA will not ban an aeronautical activity and the city will face a discrimination lawsuit if the terminate the drop zones lease.

By your statement above it appears you need to move about 40 miles out of town so you can have the peace and tranquility you desire, but I fear that would be an inconvenience to you as your local coffee house and salon would be a little further away. Pretty obvious the issue here is you, and what you want you spoiled bitch..... Get over yourself, you live close to an airport you need to expect aircraft noise.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Naturegirl

Your like a pot calling the kettle black. WAG your not a Colorado native >:(

Do you have any idea of what the Natives think about the folks from out of state that caused the rise in their property taxes,

Look in the mirror. Thats you:o
One Jump Wonder

Maybe you should just focus on the boom boxes and the noise pollution those things produce and leave aviation alone. There are cities with bans on loud auto stereos so it can be done in that area. Choose your battles carefully, because obviously, you aren't going to do jack shit about airport noise. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

People live in Colorado because of the open space and natural setting,

Since when do you decide for every resident in the state of Colorado why they live there?

Perhaps there are people who live in Colorado for Mile-Hi skydiving?
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I for one, am filled w/respect & arousal for a woman who has the stuff to stand up for what she believes in. It's sexy B|!! I know this is you, Kimberly. I think you're hot :$. Most little girls don't have the stones to take a stand. Most lil boys here are threatened by your no-nonsense style.

You ROCK, beautiful :)

I for one, am filled w/respect & arousal for a woman who has the stuff to stand up for what she believes in. It's sexy B|!! I know this is you, Kimberly. I think you're hot :$. Most little girls don't have the stones to take a stand. Most lil boys here are threatened by your no-nonsense style.

You ROCK, beautiful :)

Oh the comments I could make to this, the thought of her being sexy and bending over so I could treat her the way she deserves >:(

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

//I am tired of boom boxes and the joy riders of the sky assaulting my senses. People live in Colorado because of the open space and natural setting, and these dive-bombing nuisances are a huge irritant. It's like trying to find peace and tranquility in a hornets nest! Enough!//

If it's "peace and tranquility" you desire you will not find it posting your views on this web site. You are correct, these "dive-bombing nuisances" will be a huge irritant. Just like hornets when you F*ck with their nest. Enough is right. Please move on to your next crusade which should involve seeking a home further away from society.

//I am tired of boom boxes and the joy riders of the sky assaulting my senses. People live in Colorado because of the open space and natural setting, and these dive-bombing nuisances are a huge irritant. It's like trying to find peace and tranquility in a hornets nest! Enough!//

If it's "peace and tranquility" you desire you will not find it posting your views on this web site. You are correct, these "dive-bombing nuisances" will be a huge irritant. Just like hornets when you F*ck with their nest. Enough is right. Please move on to your next crusade which should involve seeking a home further away from society.

I'm sure if she were to move to Guam, she'll find something to bitch about there. But at least it will be far away from us. :P

There is a DZ in Guam too...:)

Proof that skydiving is nearly everywhere and no bleepity bleeped bleep is gonna get rid of it from the local airport.

:P

Sorry Billvon... Surprised you didn't edit the PA. She's not a skydiver or even a regular poster and hates most of us so I figured she was fair game. Besides, don't you have to register as a member to even get in here and view/post on the forums?

Your one warning.

And to everyone else - consider this your one warning. You cannot attack someone here even if you disagree with them.

Also consider that you are posting on a public forum. You may not like one person posting on here, but if this issue becomes a contentious public one, people who may be supportive of skydiving in Colorado will come here to read what skydivers have to say - and this thread might just change their minds, resulting in serious problems for DZ's in Colorado. So think before you post.