stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Hey! I know Kim Gibbs, and I resent these negative comments. She is a very smart, highly professional lady who cares deeply about her community, and the quality of life that is being impacted by these noisy, obnoxious airplanes. She has a lot more support than is apparent on this blog. Trust me. You have a formidable adversary!

I got a case a beer that this "nature girl" person is actually Kim Gibbs. Any takers?

What?

Can't hear you!. There's one of those "dreadful" airplanes flying somewhere:(
One Jump Wonder

Hey! I know Kim Gibbs, and I resent these negative comments. She is a very smart, highly professional lady who cares deeply about her community, and the quality of life that is being impacted by these noisy, obnoxious airplanes. She has a lot more support than is apparent on this blog. Trust me. You have a formidable adversary!

I got a case a beer that this "nature girl" person is actually Kim Gibbs. Any takers?

Definitely NOT a skydiver.
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

But you do realize you do not have; the law, science, economy, or the airport, on your side right?

You have a half dozen people who bought property next to an airport that was in place in the 1940's and has had active business on it ever since. That is not a formidable opponent, but a selfish one.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

You have a half dozen people who bought property next to an airport that was in place in the 1940's and has had active business on it ever since. That is not a formidable opponent, but a selfish one.

What is interesting reading the airport complaint blog is how few of the complaints were directly related to the skydiving operations..I just wonder why this lady has singled out the Dropzone among all airport traffic. The complaint is full of 'low flying' Cessna's, Buzzing Yellow planes (Crop dusters???), Helicopters, et cetera. If this singles out the Dropzone, it sounds like a case of economic discrimination or a law that would place restrictions on one entity on the airport but not others. Stratostar would be the expert on those particulars, but something just doesn't add up.....

*edited for spelling only.
=========Shaun ==========

Purely a guess, but I'd think that the DZ would be the most visible and most active place on the airport. It has the most people hanging out there, and probably generates the most flights from a particular airplane.

I still want to know why a "smart and professional woman" buys a house right next to an airport if she hates airplane noise.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The hell we don't, I live in a collage town, much like Boulder and we still have that all the time, maybe because your so deaf from all those airplanes flying over head is why you can't hear it.

It's ILLEGAL! Just a heads up....

O goodie, this mean we can look forward to more assine comments and another movement by you and Ms. Kimberly Gibbs to try to outlaw airplane noise?:o:S:S:D:D:D:D:D

Hey good luck with all that, looking forward to the FAA handing your ass to you on round two.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

The hell we don't, I live in a collage town, much like Boulder and we still have that all the time, maybe because your so deaf from all those airplanes flying over head is why you can't hear it.

It's ILLEGAL! Just a heads up....

O goodie, this mean we can look forward to more assine comments and another movement by you and Ms. Kimberly Gibbs to try to outlaw airplane noise?:o:S:S:D:D:D:D:D

Hey good luck with all that, looking forward to the FAA handing your ass to you on round two.

Is it a best out of Three or Five Rounds Match?
When does the City, FAA, or the DZ get to sue Kim. and Crew, for Harassment and lost wages, wasted Tax Payer moneys?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

No here name is Emma J. Withers and she has property in Dade City Florida @ 38121 Shadow Drive, Dade City, FL 33525, she is friends with that nut case Ms. Kimberly Gibbs and it seems she has been visiting Gunbarrel for some time now http://www.timescall.com/opinion/letterstotheeditor/ci_20005672

One would assume by her posts and the news story she is staying with Ms. Kimberly Gibbs @ 7468 Mt. Sherman Rd Gunbarrel Co. and thus forced to listen to her nut case friend bitch endlessly about airplanes flying over 7468 Mt. Sherman Rd. because it is in direct line with the downwind leg approach path to the 29 runway.

While not busy ringing the airport and the City of Longmont every flight to bitch about airplanes and writing letters to the newspaper, those two assholes are busy folding tin foil hats for their little self center tin hat brigade and picketing the Girl Scout cookie sale over at the Longmont Walmart.

But without them life would be boring, you got to have people to laugh at and those two are laughable at best.....

Is it a best out of Three or Five Rounds Match?
When does the City, FAA, or the DZ get to sue Kim. and Crew, for Harassment and lost wages, wasted Tax Payer moneys?

What I don't understand is why it bothers them so much. I used to live 1.5 Miles right off the end of a major international airport. You just get used to it....
=========Shaun ==========

What I don't understand is why it bothers them so much

You haven't spent much time on the front range in or around Boulder have you.... Other wise you would know this is another "cause" to keep these types busy and give meaning to their life, sooner or later they'll be bitching about something else.

Hey! I know Kim Gibbs, and I resent these negative comments. She is a very smart, highly professional lady

I'll bite, Ms. Withers: what is Mrs. Gibbs' profession?

I guess Professional 'Lady' means something different where I come from?! :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

What I don't understand is why it bothers them so much

You haven't spent much time on the front range in or around Boulder have you.... Other wise you would know this is another "cause" to keep these types busy and give meaning to their life, sooner or later they'll be bitching about something else.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Take a chill pill and lets stop makeing this a them vs us thing. Thats almost like a personnel atack:o.

IMO The reason it bothers them so much is because they ccan hear the airplanes flying 24/7/365. Even if they go to florida it's those airplanes. Can't you hear them???

On a happy note I see a solution to this situation :) lives in boulder.

Maybe the Zen Master can take some time out of his busy scedual and meet with these nice ladies over a cup of herbal tea and partner with them and teach them to relax and enjoy the poisitive things in the universe.:)

Anyone know Mr Germains people to see if a meeting could be arrangeed?
R.

C-123...

Not only would it make a great jump, it would REALLY piss these whiners off.

See for yourself...it's even painful on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e84ZLDo948U&feature=related

Actually, a somewhat common jumpship early on and I know a few still in use: The Beech 18...also quite noisy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y82pl3dy0u8&feature=related

Fact is....Twin Otters should be the least of this lady's concerns. If she only knew what "could" happen in regards to noise levels.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Name dropper...just not your own. "Highly professional" at what? You come on a skydiving web site and expect something other than "negative comments". Apparently, you are not as smart as Ms. Gibbs. In reality though, you probably are Ms. Gibbs...or perhaps Teresa Foster.
I dont' know the owner(s) of Mile High Skydiving but I hope they fight you to the ends of the earth. In fact, I think we will add a weekend at MHS to our Colorado trip this summer so we can jump out of "those noisy, obnoxious airplanes". I encourage others to do the same.

...Emma J. Withers... seems she has been visiting Gunbarrel for some time now http://www.timescall.com/opinion/letterstotheeditor/ci_20005672

OMG!

B|

Talks the talkB| but walk the walk:$

"Wait, I can hear that annoying twin otter, can you hear it." >:(

R.

it gets better... here's another one:

Pasco County needs to keep the floodplain clear, clean

Editor: Pasco County is endangering lives, squandering tax dollars and jeopardizing flood management by allowing developers to build in the floodplain. Last year alone, Pasco County spent hundreds of thousands of dollars pumping water to prevent dangerous flooding of homes that were built in the floodplain. Unbelievably, the county is still issuing permits for floodplain development.

Floodplains provide immense ecological benefits. They filter and trap sediments and pollutants. They store water, which reduces the velocity of the floodwater. Also, periodic flooding rejuvenates and sustains floodplain vegetation, preventing erosion. This vegetation produces shade which reduces harmful warm water temperatures, and provides habitat for fish and wildlife.

Pasco County has a lot of beautiful high and dry land. There is no need to put our residents at risk and disturb an important resource by altering the natural characteristics of our floodway. Allowing development in the floodplain is irresponsible and shortsighted, and wastes dollars that could be used on roads and schools.

-- Emma Withers, Dade City

And ANOTHER:

Debt ceiling cuts mean more lost jobs

I have been bewildered as to why Republicans would insist on huge spending cuts at a time of high unemployment. Spending cuts will inevitably lead to even greater unemployment. Why would they do that? Then, a thought occurred to me like a thunderbolt. Could it be that the Republicans want to maximize unemployment? What could that possibly accomplish? Well, it would accomplish three things:

1) Those who have jobs, fearing they could lose them, would become even more productive.

2) Unemployed workers looking for jobs would have lower salary expectations.

3) President Barack Obama would get the blame, and his chances for re-election would be diminished.

What a boon for business! The more I think about it, the more convinced I become that this may be a part of the Republican leadership's agenda, though I don't think it's what the average voter had in mind when he or she voted Republican.

Emma Withers, Dade City

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

Just paint her face green and she'll make a good wicked witch of the west! :P:ph34r:

sorry aobut the green... all i could find was one in black and white.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."