stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Great stuff! Quote:
"...background noise from cars, birds and traffic all register above or near air traffic noise and in some cases are even higher."
That report would seem to put the complainers in their place as having no leg to stand on, either legally or factually.

Well Emma,

For one thing I've never seen a propeller with a muffler installed on it before, in fact last time I checked there has not been one invented yet.... so there is your hot tip of the day.

Well, on the topic of "hot tips", there are prop tip designs that are significantly quieter than the normal prop, and significant advances in prop noise reduction has been made by using composite materials which allow thinner blades and more elaborate blade shapes. Getting FAA approval to retrofit, and finding the $$$, is another matter of course.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Great stuff! Quote:
"...background noise from cars, birds and traffic all register above or near air traffic noise and in some cases are even higher."
That report would seem to put the complainers in their place as having no leg to stand on, either legally or factually.

That entire report sounds like the staff is sick of the noise complaints and wants enough documentation to tell the complainers to stick it.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I actually had to stop conversations several times, until the airplanes moved on. The windows in the house actually vibrated.

Move, I'll bet the airport was there first.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Funny how comments are disabled on those 'noise assault' videos

Yeah, but on another video posted by this lady, she actually took some time to respond to some of her critics. It's interesting that she's gone so aggressivly after the Skydiving operation and not the airport itself ~ does anybody have stats(or were they already posted) of airport usage by the DZ and other GA/commercial aircraft?
=========Shaun ==========

I wonder how long she's been there..(?)
it is an airport after all, and I KNOW that airport has been there since at least 1980. I flew my first flight in a private airplane out of there back then (C-150 for those keeping score at home)

I wont tell you where I think this lady should go or do with her "problem". I hate whiney bastages who move next to established airports and then bitch about the noise.
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

I actually had to stop conversations several times, until the airplanes moved on. The windows in the house actually vibrated.

Move, I'll bet the airport was there first.

The poor lady is OCD about the noise:S Now every time she hears the plane the noise is getting, louder:S and louder:S Every time she reads about a jumpers she will hear the noise:S She will never be the same:( It will drive her :S

To bad she didn't live 5 mi south of the sounth end of sea tac airport like we did. That was noise:)

We didn't have to look up at the planes, we were on a hill and just had to look out there, the planes were almost at the same elevation, we could see the passengers looking out the windows, pilots in the cockpit and hear them adjust the throttles for the final glide slope:)
Could we talk outside a
when a plane was overhead? No way they were to low but in less thean a minute they were gone and we had what seemed like 3-5 minutes to talk before the next plane was coming in. Rush hr.B|

"The windows in the house actually vibrated" BS we lived in a rental house that had single pane widows they never vibrated in 13 yr's.:)
When we first moved in we put a knocker on the front door that thing would rattle every time a plane flew by the back of the house. Easy fix removed the knocker. TV reception was less than optimal every time a plane flew by:( Cable TV took care of that.:)
The reason we moved after 13 yr's was because the home owner raised our rent. When we first moved in It didn't take very long before we did't notice the planes from inside the house.

The only time we heard a window rattle (vibrate?) was in saudi in 1990 when a scud missle was coming in "close." Something about the sonic speed, When the windows started rattleing it was time to grab a camera run outside and take some pictures:P

Never thought of complaining to the iraqi's. The military eventually convinced them it was in their best interests to stop that noisey stuff.B|

This women will evently stop chasing windmills, or sell the house, The noise is in her head not her ears and it will continue to get louder unless she gets some medical help or moves.:(

R.

I was thinking more of a perris jet boogie, as long as they take that 727 off and land it right over her house each load!

Yes, it's a DC-9, and it has a Stage III kit on it so it's not so loud any more, but still a good deal noisier than anything else that flies out of Longmont.

The best choice for returning the favor would be a C-123. They're pretty much the loudest twin-engine airplane ever made and noisier than most with four.

An H-53 chopper boogie would be good, too, and of course it would be great to have some warbirds visit... B-17s, B-24s... after a week of that, little sweet cheeks at the end of the runway would be too deaf to ever again hear a Twin Otter, much less complain about it.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

BWAAAHAHAHAHAA Hey guys I found the best Noise complaint yet!! Who here has read the Longmont Airport Complaint Blogspot?!? You've got to check this out.

Clickly

23. July 21 @ 11:00. Tom called to complain about the skydive plane flying right down the river at a low altitude and buzzing his farm. I passed his complaint to Mile-Hi. He also complained about another plane that was “hot dogging” it over his farm and being a jerk.

So there you have it. They're flying their airplanes and being jerks. You can't make this stuff up, that's the complaint.

*edited to fix clicky
=========Shaun ==========

It use to be legal to drive through town with your super bass radio blaring away at top volume. You don't hear that much anymore do you? Know why? It's ILLEGAL! Just a heads up....

While one can lower their car stereo volume, the document clearly spells out the fact that the plane(s) in question cannot be quieted any further than it already is.

Spend much time pushing doors that very clearly spell that they need to be pulled ?
I am attaching a picture for reference. Seems to demonstrate the current Kim Gibbs Cool-aid movement well.

Hey! I know Kim Gibbs, and I resent these negative comments. She is a very smart, highly professional lady who cares deeply about her community, and the quality of life that is being impacted by these noisy, obnoxious airplanes. She has a lot more support than is apparent on this blog. Trust me. You have a formidable adversary!

Hey! I know Kim Gibbs, and I resent these negative comments. She is a very smart, highly professional lady who cares deeply about her community, and the quality of life that is being impacted by these noisy, obnoxious airplanes. She has a lot more support than is apparent on this blog. Trust me. You have a formidable adversary!

You're NOT pulling the smart Professional Lady card are you? :o

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

If she is so smart and professional then she should know not to buy or rent living space near an airport. Everything has been done within reason to minimize noise.

Explain this to me please. How does a "very smart" woman BUY A HOUSE near an airport, then proceed to cry about noise?

If you ask me, quite frankly, that seems very dumb.

I got a case a beer that this "nature girl" person is actually Kim Gibbs. Any takers?