stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

The airport has been there longer than most of the houses built next to it. You should blame the developers and real estate industry, as well as the idiots who bought those houses without doing the research on airport noise.

They can suck it for all I care. :P

Moving in next to an airport and then complaining about the noise makes about as much sense as having a picnic on train tracks and complaining that the train crashed the party.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Well Emma,

For one thing I've never seen a propeller with a muffler installed on it before, in fact last time I checked there has not been one invented yet.... so there is your hot tip of the day.

Maybe you and Kim Gibbs should get together for tea and crumpets and start working on a design for the new space aged propeller with muffler combo, I'm sure not only would you both make a shit load of money, you both could put your minds together and find some other cause to bitch about.

BTW how did you get from FL to CO? Did you drive all the way?

but we are very angry about the noise the obnoxious planes are causing in our neighborhood.

Here is a news flash for you: don't buy a house next to an airport if you don't like the noise airplanes make. Most of all due some research on the location of the home you wish to buy and make sure it's not right under the flight path to the runway approach corridor, maybe your friend Ms. Gibbs would be better off living next to a drag strip or nascar track, maybe a landfill, there is one of those on the east side of Longmont.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA5FXE1lKCI&feature=player_embedded

Yea bitching because they live under the approach for the runway. Nice little video to bitch about an otter landing, just think if it had been taking off how much she would have been bitching.

Sorry but Ms. Kimberly Gibbs is a moron!

I don't want to put a damper on the skydiver's fun, but don't they have mufflers for those things? Jeez!

For a straightforward answer:
For a million dollars or two, they could probably buy a different plane that is slightly quieter. That's about the best they can do. And for a given size range of aircraft, there are usually only 2 or 3 realistic options on the market at most, so there isn't much choice.

Airplane noise is regulated largely on a federal level, so that you don't get different rules in every different city.

The noise at a distance tends to be more a function of propeller tip speeds. To change things you'd have to change the whole engine and prop combination. No turbine aircraft has a muffler, and it probably wouldn't make a lot of difference.

If the aircraft is a Twin Otter, then that's already a relatively quiet aircraft...

" Adding comments has been disabled for this video."

I wonder by whom? Because they have gotten such negative feedback, or in anticipation of it?

There are several of those videos on her page, all the same motif.

She has to "approve" comments on the videos she forgot to disable them on.

She is an extreme environmentalist and is applying the same tactics to the DZ she uses in her other projects.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Yea Ms. Kimberly Gibbs that is who... she has also deleted her little facebook group that her and her 9 friends had going once she got her ass handed to her by the City of Longmont and the FAA.

I hear she has moved on to bitching about the girl scouts who sell cookies in front of the Longmont Walmart because they are disrupting and blocking up the doorway and all the noise they make barking out to people for cookie sales.

9 friends? I thought here was 1000 for every person who spoke up?

I think her using that phrase is backwards. It should say, out of 1000 people she tries to convince, 1 person gives enough of a damn to identify with her and "like" her page on Facebook. And hence...9 people. Some people are just too dumb to think for themselves and will bite onto any cause that someone convinces them is valid.

Speaking of, anyone played "lemmings" lately?
"When once you have tasted flight..."

I just can't believe she blames the airplane for flying over her house all day! Everyone knows if the airport would just move the runway it would solve her problem! Bad airport people pointing the airport at her airspace like that....

Blue skies,

Jim

For every "Kim Gibbs" there are about a thousand of us who never speak up, but we are very angry about the noise the obnoxious planes are causing in our neighborhood.

Way to tell'em Kim!

Emma Withers

You claim it as your ("our") neighborhood, but in the previous post claim to be visiting from Florida.
Which is it?

And if you find airplane noise to be "obnoxious", then why did you buy a house right by the airport?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Well a little research show Ms. Kimberly Gibbs is also from Dade City Fl just like Ms. Emma Withers, you know just up the road from z-hills, it seems she has property in FL also like Ms. Emma Withers, might even be next door to EMMA on shadow dr??? I can't recall.

Emma on the other hand is 70yrs old or so and most likely came up to visit her old friend Ms. Kimberly Gibbs and get some fresh air in Colorado and "hoveraround" a bit. I bet she was forced to watch video after video of that nasty damn airplane flying in & out of the airport, of course that is when they were not down picketing the girl scouts cookie sale at walmart.

Citizens for clear doors way and a cookie free America, all hail queens Gibbs & Withers....:P

I recently visited Longmont from Florida, and was surprised that CO allows such irritating and disruptive airplane noise. I actually had to stop conversations several times, until the airplanes moved on. The windows in the house actually vibrated.

In a state known for its open space and beautiful vistas, the constant droning of airplanes is like an infestation of mosquitoes.

I don't want to put a damper on the skydiver's fun, but don't they have mufflers for those things? Jeez!

LOL

If you think Longmont is open space and beautiful vistas, I have some secluded property I'd like to sell you in downtown Denver.

Go back to Florida and all your droning mosquito friends. Oh wait... there are skydivers there, too... many many MANY more than there are in CO... Funny how you never shot your mouth off about THEM, but then I guess there's no moron flapping her jaws down there about how noisy those bad old airplanes are.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

LOL

Yea bitching because they live under the approach for the runway. Nice little video to bitch about an otter landing, just think if it had been taking off how much she would have been bitching.

In the immortal wors fo Chevy Chase:

"Jane, you ignorant slut!!!"
My photos

My Videos

For every "Kim Gibbs" there are about a thousand of us who never speak up, but we are very angry about the noise the obnoxious planes are causing in our neighborhood.

Way to tell'em Kim!

Emma Withers

This is is a skydiving forum for skydivers to discuss skydiving issues. This is not a place for you to come and bitch about someones foolish mistake buying a house at the end of some airport runway. Please TROLL elsewhere!!

Although we encourage Woofos to jump in and ask pointed questions, you don't even qualify as a woofo, you are just a Troll. Actually, I'm not even sure you're qualified as a troll? If you have anything cunstructive to add to this discussion (that isn't just solicited bitching) please respond. Other wise, go away.

+1
:)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

LOL

That was Dan Aykroyd, not Chevy Chase. :D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The airport has been there longer than most of the houses built next to it. You should blame the developers and real estate industry, as well as the idiots who bought those houses without doing the research on airport noise.

They can suck it for all I care. :P

Moving in next to an airport and then complaining about the noise makes about as much sense as having a picnic on train tracks and complaining that the train crashed the party.

It makes a lot of sense. They paid $300,000 for houses that would cost $600,000 down the road in Boulder away from the airport and turkey processing plant. If they can get the airport closed they'll have some of the benefit of spending more without breaking their budgets.

I would say so, the data alone seems to negate the argument. I wonder if the readings would be lower indoors, since one complaint was that the noise woke some one up and another was the horses in the barn happened to be disturbed.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

If the aircraft is a Twin Otter, then that's already a relatively quiet aircraft...

I wish they would pull their resources and have a big ol boogie, with a couple skyvans.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I wish they would pull their resources and have a big ol boogie, with a couple skyvans.

Don't forget Mr.Douglas :). She'd love the radial engines.