stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Kimberly Gibbs
7468 Mt. Sherman Road, 80503
Gunbarrel, CO
303-530-6918
[email protected]

http://www.lightningrodblog.com/2011/10/airports-pitchfork-vigilantes.html

As of Oct. 4, 2011 about the petition...

"Many of the names are members of C.A.R.E. and this new Anti-Mile Hi Skydiving group. It's pretty obvious by the noise logs that it's a coordinated effort, even to the point of making complaints against MHS when they are not even operating. For 2010-2011 here are the top noise complainers:
Julie Palmer at Nelson and Airport: 166 complaints.
Tom Zweck 10901 Airport Rd: 133 complaints.
Jock Little 5933 Galatia: 126 complaints.
Teresa Foster 712 Thornwood Way: 30 complaints.
Nick Mastronardi 8339 N. 83rd St: 24 complaints.
Diane Wood 6149 St. Vrain Rd 17 complaints.
Kimberly Gibbs 7468 Mt. Sherman Rd, Gunbarrel: 17 complaints. (Anti-MHS leader)
Lynda Smith 747 Snowberry Ln: 16 complaints.
Clark Allen 1127 Twin Peaks Cir: 12 complaints
Jane Shellenberg 11158 N. 65th St: 10 complaints.

There are many more, and most, including the ones above, are not in the City of Longmont. "
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

After reading the news article, I believe USPA would do us all a big favor by archiving all the assorted media in this case and using it as an excellent example for our side when battling airport access crap in other cases.

Let's start using the ridiculous against the ridiculous!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Hi SS

The female mcnasty is is persistent and is looking at all the angles.[:/]

To the extreme of suggesting her group boycott businesses in town that are listed as friends of the DZ, :S

Sounds like its time to remind Longmont how much money the jumpers from mile hi are spending in their town.:)

We used to have a ink twin otter stamp, and a skydiver stamp. Before we went on a jumping holiday we used to stamp our money so the locals would know how much business the DZ is bringing into town. Skyding DollarsB|

Eventually some of the locals in longmont could end up with some "skydiving dollars" when they get change from the local business's . Maybe even Mcnasty.:ph34r:

The DZ is bringing in a lot more money to Longmont than the rental fee on the hangers and the cost of fuel.:o

I suggest that you all take the high ground, act like mature adults and don't do anything stupid.

If I do something stupid it's not I'm trying to be Nastey it's because I'm old.[:/] This poor misguided Mcnasty is expending a lot of time and effort picking a fight that she isn't going to win[:/]

Thats stupid!

R

Quote from one of the petitioners:

"This is driving people out of the area--we bought our home less than a year ago and want to move b/c of the destruction of our peace and quiet by this one company. They should be cited for disturbing the peace and shut down. Anyone else producing that kind of noise would be!"

It's attitudes like this that drive me crazy. Why the heck buy into a neighborhood that you clearly don't like, and then complain about the neighbors who were there for years before you?

The idea is to buy into someplace less expensive then make a lot of noise about the things that made it less costly so you can have a more affordable mortgage for a nice place than if you bought one to begin with.

Strat,
Your second link takes me to my own FB page. I looked for 'citizens for Quiet Skies and FB says DNE.
What is the actual name of the page?

It actually looks like the page has been taken down.

:)
Skydivers-1, CB-0 :D

I don't know about anyone else but I reported it. I don't remember which choice I used though.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

Julie Palmer at Nelson and Airport: 166 complaints.

You have to admire the sheer gall of someone who calls to complain about airport noise 166 times in a year - and they live at an intersection called AIRPORT.

Every time I think people could not be more self-centered, stupid, and arrogant, someone like this turns up to show me I'm wrong. Thanks, Julie Palmer!

One of the top MHS complainers, Tom Zweck, has been seen exposing himself to aircraft as they overfly an area near his farm on the established downwind pattern leg for runway 11. I must admit I was offended to say the least.

Pics or video, or it didn't happen.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

One of the top MHS complainers, Tom Zweck, has been seen exposing himself to aircraft as they overfly an area near his farm on the established downwind pattern leg for runway 11. I must admit I was offended to say the least.

Jock Little 5933 Galatia: 126 complaints

Come on, really? Is that a typo, and the gentleman's name is really 'Jack Little'? If not, come on, really?

:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Around here- operating aircraft noise is exempted from the noise ordinances. Beware though- folks that have moved next to established (like 40+ years) shooting ranges have been able to close them for "noise". Depends on the local political climate more than 'logical' arguments.

Beware though- folks that have moved next to established (like 40+ years) shooting ranges have been able to close them for "noise". Depends on the local political climate more than 'logical' arguments.

Maybe so, but shooting ranges don't have the power (and money) of the FAA behind them. If the city made a move that threatened the FAA money that's supporting that airport, then they could count on losing most of the tax revenue from any business being done on the airport and in town by airport users.

Keep in mind the city is pushing for an expantion of the airport. The reason is that they want to attract more airport users and their money, and that the city doesn't have to spend anything to make it happen. The FAA will foot the bill, but that means they have the city by the balls. The city has to play by the FAAs rules, or the FAA takes it's money and runs.

The fool actually admitted he did it???:S:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You have to admire the sheer gall of someone who calls to complain about airport noise 166 times in a year - and they live at an intersection called AIRPORT.

I had a fun idea. Maybe not a good idea, but a fun idea. This would capitalize upon the theory that these complainers are calling in complaints after they hear the "jumpers away" call over the aviation radio scanner. What one might do is pick a weekend day with solid overcast when there are no jump operations in progress, and make false "jumpers away" calls every hour or so. Then on Monday go check the county log for complaints and note who called in. Then you take that to court to prove that these nuts are just calling in based upon radio calls, even when there was no actual jumping taking place, thereby proving that they're just harassment calls, not based upon actual noise.

There might be a problem with creating fake radio traffic, but there's no telling what someone with a hand held transceiver could do...

Well, if anyone comes up with her Dade city address, let me know soon, gonna be in the neighborhood and wouldn't mind taking a few mins out of my busy schedule to buzz by B|

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Well, if anyone comes up with her Dade city address, let me know soon, gonna be in the neighborhood and wouldn't mind taking a few mins out of my busy schedule to buzz by B|

Looks like 3 different condos are in her name (rental properties?), don't know her husbands name. Just put Gibbs in the name search:

http://www.appraiser.pascogov.com/
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am