stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Strat,
Your second link takes me to my own FB page. I looked for 'citizens for Quiet Skies and FB says DNE.
What is the actual name of the page?

It actually looks like the page has been taken down.

:)
Skydivers-1, CB-0 :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Sounds like they need to have a "Beech-18" boogie.

Better for it to be from non-skydiving planes, not based at that local airport, from all around the area, making low passes over her house over and over again, even late at night. The message would be, back off or you'll wish for the quiet skies you used to have. Her neighbors would also be pushing for her to stop making trouble.

Hmm, her profile lists Dade City, FL as her current home town... Someone get me an address and I'll see if I can swing by during my round-robin of airports tomorrow in the 172. :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Strat,
Your second link takes me to my own FB page. I looked for 'citizens for Quiet Skies and FB says DNE.
What is the actual name of the page?

It actually looks like the page has been taken down.

:)
Skydivers-1, CB-0 :D

It seemed like there were a LOT of very recent comments from skydivers. She probably didn't like all the negative feedback on her advocacy page, and decided to take her toys and go home.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

It seemed like there were a LOT of very recent comments from skydivers. She probably didn't like all the negative feedback on her advocacy page, and decided to take her toys and go home.

There was, it was actually pretty funny to see all the things she was bitching about, and see "Matt Cline likes this" :D:D

Why yes it dose seem to have been taken down seems that ....Ms. Kimberly Gibbs -- with Citizens for Quiet Skies, likes to bitch a lot but can't take the heat in the kitchen and like Elvis, has left the building.....

:D:D:D

:( Damn the fun was just starting!

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CitizensForQuietSkies/message/27

Good evening, my name is Kim Gibbs and I live at 7468 Mt. Sherman Road, 80503.
My home is located in Gunbarrel, about 8 miles from Vance Brand airport. I'm
here to speak in support of the Citizens for Quiet Skies and for the proposed
review of Mile-Hi Skydiving operations

Just in case anyone was flying by there.... Morning, noon & nite

Her little yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CitizensForQuietSkies/messages
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Quote from one of the petitioners:

"This is driving people out of the area--we bought our home less than a year ago and want to move b/c of the destruction of our peace and quiet by this one company. They should be cited for disturbing the peace and shut down. Anyone else producing that kind of noise would be!"

It's attitudes like this that drive me crazy. Why the heck buy into a neighborhood that you clearly don't like, and then complain about the neighbors who were there for years before you?

As to marking it spam, something to consider is the " flag this petitioner as inappropriate" If everyone who reads this thread went and marked everyone of the signatures inappropriate -- just saying :ph34r: A wrench in the works? I'm not sure how it works, but wouldn't it at least send a message that not everyone is in agreement?

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

First paragraph on the first link above the quoted text.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CitizensForQuietSkies/message/27

Very good. Her neighbors may be the best weapon to push her to get back to the level of quiet skies they enjoy now. It would be great to know that a fly-over-thon will happen.

7468 Mt. Sherman Road, 80503.

A plane pulling a banner would be great, or a skywriter! :D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Yep,
If you move where there's farms? You're gonna smell cow shit... Anyone who doesn't like that can leave.

Let's see. Mile High is an established, successful business w/a 15+ year history in the community. Who do you think generates more tax revenues, the big business, or some dumb bitch in a house? They formed an official group. So, the town is required to hear them squawk @a meeting or two. Money Talks. The town council cares a lot more about keeping that business operating, than a few bored nutcases. She won't get anything more than a new ulcer or two.

Good evening, my name is Kim Gibbs and I live at 7468 Mt. Sherman Road, 80503.
My home is located in Gunbarrel, about 8 miles from Vance Brand airport...

Map attached, so you can visualize the situation. The Mile-Hi airport is circled, and the complainent's home is at the red star. Not exactly like she lives right off the end of the runway...

It actually looks to be about 5 miles from the airport, straight-line distance, but this dingbat seems to be using road driving distance, which doesn't apply to airplanes. Doh! But even at 5-miles, the Otter is going to already be at, oh, about 6 or 7 thousand feet by then.

I hope that you all realize that using name calling tactics like calling her a 'dimwit' and a 'bitch' in a forum that is fairly easily accessed by the general public really paints skydivers as a whole in a terrible light. Argue with her stance, her fanatacism, her logic, etc, but name-calling only makes those using those terms look really juvenile.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

As to marking it spam, something to consider is the " flag this petitioner as inappropriate" If everyone who reads this thread went and marked everyone of the signatures inappropriate -- just saying :ph34r: A wrench in the works? I'm not sure how it works, but wouldn't it at least send a message that not everyone is in agreement?

Thanks for flagging this petition.
If any petition receives enough flags from different users, we'll review it and remove it from the site if it violates our policies.

Return to home page

64 signatures; imagine if they had 640 "this is inappropriate" flags.

There was, it was actually pretty funny to see all the things she was bitching about, and see "Matt Cline likes this" :D:D

I figured when she sent me a note saying; "Thanks for Joining the Team". I would unload, in a proper polite manner of course. Instead she deleted the page.:D

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

If any petition receives enough flags from different users, we'll review it and remove it from the site if it violates our policies.

Return to home page

Link?
Remster

Return to home page

Link?

http://signon.org/sign/request-review-of-mile.fb1?source=s.fb&r_by=1524863

I just went through a second time and flagged all the comments. Others must be too, because the comments on the first page have been removed. B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Anyone care to suggest how I can poke fun at her/cause general annoyance from affar?

Well, she posted her contact info up on a public Yahoo groups page so I'd assume she wants to hear your opinions on the matter?

Since she is monitoring the radios and noting every time a plane goes up, she probably wouldn't mind if you give hear a call or email if you need to know how loud it was because you want to write a letter. Maybe you have bad hearing so you can't hear the planes but you still support her cause of shutting down business that people can hear or see from their homes?

Kimberly Gibbs
7468 Mt. Sherman Road, 80503
Gunbarrel, CO
303-530-6918
[email protected]

Hey, my dog barks at airplanes too, and he's got a great personality, don't be so quick to judge :P