2 2
turtlespeed

How about some good news for a change!!

(edited)
1 hour ago, jakee said:

You've had to do a lot of that lately. 

It happens - But I can look past it

I'd be willing to bet that I am the cause of several similar reactions here.

Glad you see I'm not alone in this.

That's decent news.

Edited by turtlespeed

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Well, if you can't figure it out on your own, I suppose I can help.

1) They call themselves antifa - 

2) Ron used the name "Antifa"

There ya go.  

Is "Antifa" trademarked?  Or can anyone use it to describe themselves or others?

I had a friend with  a Yorkie he called "Killer".  I don't actually believe it killed anything.

Good news 1).  A fox moved into our neighborhood a couple of weeks back, and all the wretched rabbits have vanished.

2) My brother and his wife celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary next week.

3) Seagulls are flocking in our neighborhood.  Maybe a  portent that our property will become beachfront again** when the deluge comes.

** our house is on the moraine that, at the end of the last ice age, was the beach of the ancient "Lake Chicago", which shrank over the next 14,000 years to become today's Lake Michigan.  

3 hours ago, billvon said:

How about some good news from 76 years ago?

76 years ago today, anti-fascists stormed the beaches at Normandy and turned the tide of World War II.

I'm still trying to digest the fact that there are fascists in Georgia and they're quite content with that.

Weird.

6 minutes ago, normiss said:

I'm still trying to digest the fact that there are fascists in Georgia and they're quite content with that.

Weird.

Isn’t it like the saying “One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist”

(edited)
7 hours ago, normiss said:

Weird.

I would say we are American Patriots, Southerners, and Rebels at heart. Oh, and some branch of Christian.

Edited by RonD1120

12 hours ago, kallend said:

Good news 1).  A fox moved into our neighborhood a couple of weeks back, and all the wretched rabbits have vanished.

2) My brother and his wife celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary next week.

3) Seagulls are flocking in our neighborhood.  Maybe a  portent that our property will become beachfront again** when the deluge comes.

** our house is on the moraine that, at the end of the last ice age, was the beach of the ancient "Lake Chicago", which shrank over the next 14,000 years to become today's Lake Michigan.  

A couple good tropical storms, and maybe!!

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I would say we are American Patriots, Southerners, and Rebels at heart. Oh, and some branch of Christian.

Those two are mutually exclusive.

You can rebel against the country or support it.

You don't get to do both.

Not at all surprised you don't get that.

• Like 1

More good news:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/02/26/top-marine-orders-confederate-paraphernalia-be-removed-all-bases.html

About time the "loser flag" and other symbols of treason, racism and slavery  were removed.

"As states continue to grapple with the passionate debate over whether to display statues and other tributes to Confederate leaders, Marines have been told the materials won't be tolerated on any of the Corps' installations.

"Commandant Gen. David Berger last week instructed top Marine leaders to remove Confederate-related paraphernalia from the service's bases worldwide. The directive is one of several forward-leaning initiatives Berger said he is "prioritizing for immediate execution."

• Like 1

And more good news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/05/89-former-defense-officials-military-must-never-be-used-violate-constitutional-rights/

By 89 former Defense officials 
June 5, 2020 at 3:49 p.m. CDT

President Trump continues to use inflammatory language as many Americans protest the unlawful death of George Floyd and the unjust treatment of black Americans by our justice system. As the protests have grown, so has the intensity of the president’s rhetoric. He has gone so far as to make a shocking promise: to send active-duty members of the U.S. military to “dominate” protesters in cities throughout the country — with or without the consent of local mayors or state governors.

On Monday, the president previewed his approach on the streets of Washington. He had 1,600 troops from around the country transported to the D.C. area, and placed them on alert, as an unnamed Pentagon official put it, “to ensure faster employment if necessary.” As part of the show of force that Trump demanded, military helicopters made low-level passes over peaceful protesters — a military tactic sometimes used to disperse enemy combatants — scattering debris and broken glass among the crowd. He also had a force, including members of the National Guard and federal officers, that used flash-bang grenades, pepper spray and, according to eyewitness accounts, rubber bullets to drive lawful protesters, as well as members of the media and clergy, away from the historic St. John’s Episcopal Church. All so he could hold a politically motivated photo op there with members of his team, including, inappropriately, Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Looting and violence are unacceptable acts, and perpetrators should be arrested and duly tried under the law. But as Monday’s actions near the White House demonstrated, those committing such acts are largely on the margins of the vast majority of predominantly peaceful protests. While several past presidents have called on our armed services to provide additional aid to law enforcement in times of national crisis — among them Ulysses S. Grant, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson — these presidents used the military to protect the rights of Americans, not to violate them.

As former leaders in the Defense Department — civilian and military, Republican, Democrat and independent — we all took an oath upon assuming office “to support and defend the Constitution of the United States,” as did the president and all members of the military, a fact that Gen. Milley pointed out in a recent memorandum to members of the armed forces. We are alarmed at how the president is betraying this oath by threatening to order members of the U.S. military to violate the rights of their fellow Americans.

etc.....

1 hour ago, kallend said:

More good news:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/02/26/top-marine-orders-confederate-paraphernalia-be-removed-all-bases.html

About time the "loser flag" and other symbols of treason, racism and slavery  were removed.

"As states continue to grapple with the passionate debate over whether to display statues and other tributes to Confederate leaders, Marines have been told the materials won't be tolerated on any of the Corps' installations.

"Commandant Gen. David Berger last week instructed top Marine leaders to remove Confederate-related paraphernalia from the service's bases worldwide. The directive is one of several forward-leaning initiatives Berger said he is "prioritizing for immediate execution."

That is good news, no matter which aisle you hang out in.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

And more good news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/05/89-former-defense-officials-military-must-never-be-used-violate-constitutional-rights/

By 89 former Defense officials 
June 5, 2020 at 3:49 p.m. CDT

President Trump continues to use inflammatory language as many Americans protest the unlawful death of George Floyd and the unjust treatment of black Americans by our justice system. As the protests have grown, so has the intensity of the president’s rhetoric. He has gone so far as to make a shocking promise: to send active-duty members of the U.S. military to “dominate” protesters in cities throughout the country — with or without the consent of local mayors or state governors.

On Monday, the president previewed his approach on the streets of Washington. He had 1,600 troops from around the country transported to the D.C. area, and placed them on alert, as an unnamed Pentagon official put it, “to ensure faster employment if necessary.” As part of the show of force that Trump demanded, military helicopters made low-level passes over peaceful protesters — a military tactic sometimes used to disperse enemy combatants — scattering debris and broken glass among the crowd. He also had a force, including members of the National Guard and federal officers, that used flash-bang grenades, pepper spray and, according to eyewitness accounts, rubber bullets to drive lawful protesters, as well as members of the media and clergy, away from the historic St. John’s Episcopal Church. All so he could hold a politically motivated photo op there with members of his team, including, inappropriately, Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Looting and violence are unacceptable acts, and perpetrators should be arrested and duly tried under the law. But as Monday’s actions near the White House demonstrated, those committing such acts are largely on the margins of the vast majority of predominantly peaceful protests. While several past presidents have called on our armed services to provide additional aid to law enforcement in times of national crisis — among them Ulysses S. Grant, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson — these presidents used the military to protect the rights of Americans, not to violate them.

As former leaders in the Defense Department — civilian and military, Republican, Democrat and independent — we all took an oath upon assuming office “to support and defend the Constitution of the United States,” as did the president and all members of the military, a fact that Gen. Milley pointed out in a recent memorandum to members of the armed forces. We are alarmed at how the president is betraying this oath by threatening to order members of the U.S. military to violate the rights of their fellow Americans.

etc.....

Did you forget what good news is?

This ain't it.