2 2
turtlespeed

How about some good news for a change!!

21 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Last night and the night before, Antifa moved into my north GA community for a protesting demonstration. I did not attend, but AFAIK no one paid any attention.

Next time you should consider going out and meeting some of your neighbours. It’s unlikely a bunch of outsiders came to your town. 

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Did you put MAGA bumper stickers on their cars?

You as in your neighbors - not you specifically.

I have heard no accounts of this happening. Now that I think of it, I don't recall seeing any MAGA bumper stickers up here. T-shirts and caps yes, but not bumper stickers.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

Last night and the night before, Antifa moved into my north GA community for a protesting demonstration. I did not attend, but AFAIK no one paid any attention.

Does that mean nothing bad happened then?

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Exactly as it should be.

They have every right to protest, and your community has every right to completely ignore them.

Well done, both sides!

53 minutes ago, ryoder said:

76 years ago today over a hundred thousand Antifa invaded a community in France.

Can you please site declaration where they called themselves ANTIFA, or had affiliation with the group.

If so, then that would be GREAT news!

I live in what you would probably consider to be an ANTIFA stronghold; I have a couple of relatives who protest regularly -- you'd probably consider them to be ANTIFA. I've never heard it called ANTIFA by anyone other than on the right. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just that it's a really convenient way to lump everyone together so that you don't have to think of their ideas or people as actual individuals.

Wendy P.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I’m curious how you ‘know’ they were Antifa? I’ve done a google search and there are no results I can find that link Antifa to North Georgia?

Or are you simply labelling protestors, because that is what Trump has said? If so, how would you feel if someone labelled you as a KKK member based on you being a radical right wing Christian?

4 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Interesting read, but as I say even in the fake news North GA doesn’t appear. But reading that article was interesting, at risk of starting a conspiracy theory I wonder if Russia could be behind the rumours

(edited)
14 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

And one year later Ron was born. Coincidence? I don't see how.

What exactly, are you saying was a coincidence, Ron's birth and what, exactly?

Are you inferring some kind of reincarnation?

If so, then of whom?

Edited by turtlespeed

29 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Can you please site declaration where they called themselves ANTIFA, or had affiliation with the group.

Can you see where the people ron is talking about called themselves antifa?

40 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

If so, then that would be GREAT news!

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"; Shakespeare, in Romeo and Juliet.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Are they the exact people Ron was talking about?

I have no idea.  They identified themselves in this picture as Antifa.  They would be the general "Who" that Ron was speaking of.

Still not good news.

Edited by turtlespeed

(edited)

It's raining here -- we could really use some, it's already been a dry summer. Hopefully it'll keep up enough to wet things well.

Also, locally the town administration is holding open meetings on Zoom to discuss the town budget, including the police budget increase. It's pretty much all been polite, emotions, of course, but also a lot of considering how much is being piled on the police now. Eventually this will wrap up, some things will change, too much for some people, and not enough for others. But a lot of people are being heard.

Wendy P.

Edited by wmw999

Here is some more good news - 

Why does it seem am I the only one that is trying to find good news? 

Kenyan Boy, 9, Praised By President For Hand-Washing Machine

A nine-year-old Kenyan boy has been recognised by the country’s president for building a unique hand-washing machine to help fight the spread of Covid-19. President Uhuru Kenyatta recognised Stephen Wamukota with a prestigious state commendation for his work alongside 67 others who have contributed to the country’s anti-Covid efforts. The machine is equipped with a pedal-like foot lever to allow hand-washing with zero hand contact. “I had the idea of developing this machine and after I started, I ran out of materials and approached my father who assisted me complete it,” said Wamukota. Source: CGTN

11 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

It's raining here -- we could really use some, it's already been a dry summer. Hopefully it'll keep up enough to wet things well.

Also, locally the town administration is holding open meetings on Zoom to discuss the town budget, including the police budget increase. It's pretty much all been polite, emotions, of course, but also a lot of considering how much is being piled on the police now. Eventually this will wrap up, some things will change, too much for some people, and not enough for others. But a lot of people are being heard.

Wendy P.

That is really good news - 

I'm hoping its a good start to a better example.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, olofscience said:

<facepalm>

If you don't know the specifics of the protest Ron was talking about, please just don't say anything.

<eyeroll> It is easily determined that the group he referenced is the same one pictured.

If I say the US Army showed up in Washington DC - would you ask which specific members it was, as if it somehow mattered?

Edited by turtlespeed