1 1
turtlespeed

How about some good news for a change!!

36 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The democratic house, democratic senate and President Biden will be having an announcement to all "centrists" on January 20th.

The Trump administration said it would lower the annual cap on refugees further into rock-bottom record territory as President Trump pursues pre-election xenophobic attacks.

Anyone who is Non-Norwegian goes to the front of the line.

What's wrong with Norwegians?  I like Norwegians, very friendly, polite, well educated, environmentally conscious. Pretty much the antithesis of trumpists..  

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

I'm losing track now. Someone remind me please, is America a "shithole country" or a "banana republic" this week?!!!

Ummm...

Disease running rampant. Unemployment rising. Brown people rising up in the streets.

I think that would be 'shithole.'

However, with the President issuing 'stand by' orders to white supremacists, praising the murder of protesters in the street, attempting to suppress votes that would likely go to his opponent, calling for his AG toady to arrest people he doesn't like (without valid charges), rampant corruption and criminal behavior by him and his spawn (tax evasion and a lot more), blatantly ignoring and defying protocols for the pandemic (Lindsay Graham is refusing to take a test so that the SC nomination can proceed, Trump is refusing to release results of his tests).

I think that would be 'banana republic.'

So...

Both?

On 8/10/2020 at 10:09 PM, yoink said:

Hooray. Good news. I got a job offer today!

It’s not quite what I was after, but with so many people unemployed right now and companies having a freeze on hiring just finding a job is a godsend.

Don't take it. I'll put you on as a packer or, if you're good with equipment, you can start day one as a Senior Hot Fueler.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Don't take it. I'll put you on as a packer or, if you're good with equipment, you can start day one as a Senior Hot Fueler.

It IS tempting. I do love the smell of Jet-A. And regularly working around spinning props I'm much less likely to get RSI from typing, so a safer working environment too.

1 hour ago, yoink said:

It IS tempting. I do love the smell of Jet-A. And regularly working around spinning props I'm much less likely to get RSI from typing, so a safer working environment too.

No worries, I'm sure you're the best choice for your new slot. But in case you fuck it up skydiver style I'll keep something open. 

• Like 1