2 2
turtlespeed

How about some good news for a change!!

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

I'm losing track now. Someone remind me please, is America a "shithole country" or a "banana republic" this week?!!!

Ummm...

Disease running rampant. Unemployment rising. Brown people rising up in the streets.

I think that would be 'shithole.'

However, with the President issuing 'stand by' orders to white supremacists, praising the murder of protesters in the street, attempting to suppress votes that would likely go to his opponent, calling for his AG toady to arrest people he doesn't like (without valid charges), rampant corruption and criminal behavior by him and his spawn (tax evasion and a lot more), blatantly ignoring and defying protocols for the pandemic (Lindsay Graham is refusing to take a test so that the SC nomination can proceed, Trump is refusing to release results of his tests).

I think that would be 'banana republic.'

So...

Both?

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Just how is that good news? Or you showing your inner "I've got Mine" 

Are you trying to claim that you've NEVER posted about Chicago's murder rate?  :rofl:

Clearly it's good news that it's not as bad as you've made out.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:00 PM, kallend said:

15 cities have higher murder rates than Chicago.  Mostly in states with high rates of gun ownership.

Chicago is the rat capitol of the USA. But......help in the form of feral cats for rent is available.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/10/17/us/chicago-rat-city-2020-trnd/index.html

On 8/10/2020 at 10:09 PM, yoink said:

Hooray. Good news. I got a job offer today!

It’s not quite what I was after, but with so many people unemployed right now and companies having a freeze on hiring just finding a job is a godsend.

Don't take it. I'll put you on as a packer or, if you're good with equipment, you can start day one as a Senior Hot Fueler.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Don't take it. I'll put you on as a packer or, if you're good with equipment, you can start day one as a Senior Hot Fueler.

It IS tempting. I do love the smell of Jet-A. And regularly working around spinning props I'm much less likely to get RSI from typing, so a safer working environment too.

1 hour ago, yoink said:

It IS tempting. I do love the smell of Jet-A. And regularly working around spinning props I'm much less likely to get RSI from typing, so a safer working environment too.

No worries, I'm sure you're the best choice for your new slot. But in case you fuck it up skydiver style I'll keep something open. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 2:43 PM, kallend said:

Lindsey Graham may be in *deep* trouble

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/politics/lindsey-graham-jaime-harrison-south-carolina-senate/index.html

"Graham was almost certainly patting himself on the back for ensuring a fourth term. But what he didn't count on was that his transformation from independent Republican to Trump toady would turn him into enemy No. 1 for Democrats around the country. Or that Harrison, a former state party chairman, would turn into one of the best candidates for Democrats in the country."

Here's one of those tapes Lindsey wants us to hold:

8 hours ago, billvon said:

Some more good news from 538:

I was just now looking at that. Apparently, Trumps strategy of racing willy nilly to one rally after another has totally firmed up the vote of everyone who was already a confirmed Trump voter. He's a sharp cookie, alrighty.

21 hours ago, richravizza said:

Los Angeles Dodgers Win World Series, after a 32 year drought, GO BLUE!!

Let's hope this puts an end to all the bad mojo of 2020.

Absolutely. Nothing like winning an American baseball championship in a truncated season where just over a third of a normal seasons games were played in front of no one to turn the corner on a crappy year. Winning!

• Like 1