2 2
turtlespeed

How about some good news for a change!!

47 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The point is those companies HAD major quality issues, Tesla HAS major quality issues. Big difference 

True. But, they all "Has" them until they "Had" them. Anybody who's been in business more than 20 minutes knows they're going to have problems. It's how they respond to those problems that will mean if they're in business in 40 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

True. But, they all "Has" them until they "Had" them. Anybody who's been in business more than 20 minutes knows they're going to have problems. It's how they respond to those problems that will mean if they're in business in 40 minutes. 

Agreed 

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

You can include Mercedes and the Big Three to that list.  The point is those companies HAD major quality issues, Tesla HAS major quality issues. 

You must have misread the article you posted.  From that article:  " "Update: On Nov. 14, 2019, the Tesla Model 3 and Model S regained a Consumer Reports Recommendation. "

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

You can include Mercedes and the Big Three to that list.  The point is those companies HAD major quality issues, Tesla HAS major quality issues. Big difference 

And the second biggest car manufacturer in the world HAS two of its CEOs in prison is still mired in multiple legal battles because it couldn't be bothered to make a modern diesel engine properly. 

Again, what's your point? If every major car company went through quality problems then got it sorted is there any reason to think Tesla can't do the same?

2 hours ago, kallend said:

The "Trump must go" thread got locked for repetitious pointless  posts.  Maybe it's time for this one to get locked too.

Nah, listening to Brent is like hearing the dulcet tones of Buddhist chants. He is simply spinning his wheel and praying for an outcome.

Mookam karoti vaachaalam

Pangum langhayatey girim

Yatkripaa tamaham vandey

Paramaananda Maadhavam

And liberal dumbasses, too

35 minutes ago, yoink said:

This Brent vs the Scientific World nonsense just needs to stay in the one environmental thread. Along with the Flat Earth society.

FIFY frequently those who doubt science believe in conspiracy theories.

"Over a third of Americans believe that global warming is a hoax (Swift, 2013), and over half believe that Lee Har-vey Oswald did not act alone in the assassination of John F. Kennedy ( Jensen, 2013)"

A related property of conspiracy theories is that they can protect cherished beliefs (e.g., vaccination is harmful; climate change is not a serious concern) by casting over-whelmingly disconfirmatory evidence (e.g., scientific findings) as the product of a conspiracy

He is not alone but the numbers like him are remarkably similar to the number that still support trump. Fact is irrelevant. Logic is a feather hammer.

8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Hey, I am not the only person responsible for thread drift.  I just posted good new about hard working Americans going back to work.  Obviously there are folks on this forum who don’t agree that is gong news.

I agree. People responding to you as though you’re going to change your mind are equally responsible.

3 minutes ago, yoink said:

I agree. People responding to you as though you’re going to change your mind are equally responsible.

I didn’t know we were trying to change anybody’s mind, I thought we were sharing good news stories.  I thought folks going back to work and businesses staying afloat was a good news story that everyone could agree with, obviously I was wrong.

8 hours ago, kallend said:

They should form a coalition!  Sort of a coalition to preserve their union, establish justice, secure domestic safety, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of life and liberty for the people of their states.  Then they could appoint a chief executive to do things like coordinate relief efforts and ensure laws are upheld.

6 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

And it is not a state.  You know, something about the actions of governors and all of that.

Jerry Baumchen

The response was to Billvon, where he stated that ::

""They should form a coalition!  Sort of a coalition to preserve their union, establish justice, secure domestic safety, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of life and liberty for the people of their states.  Then they could appoint a chief executive to do things like coordinate relief efforts and ensure laws are upheld.""

I'm sure you don't mean to deliberately misunderstand though, do you?