2 2
turtlespeed

How about some good news for a change!!

13 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

That’s a reach but I will give you an A for imagination (or would that that be an I?) BTW the Benz is the wife’s, I drive an Accord coupe V6 w a manual.

The wife!. Come on man up the Germans have you and you know it. If a German sells it you buy it.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The wife!. Come on man up the Germans have you and you know it. If a German sells it you buy it.

Why the obfuscation?  Tesla’s quality sucks and the mindless Muskophiles just want to pretend they haven’t bought a POS.  No need for personal attacks. Let’s just stick to the fit and finish.

Just to be clear my personal vehicle choices have been; Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Honda, Honda and Honda.  My wife’s have been; Ford, Land Rover (British pice of crap), Mazda, Mercedes, Mercedes. I have never bought a German vehicle in my life. That said, for long trips, with the family, nothing beats the quiet, capacity, comfort, performance and yes the panache of the big Benz.

Edited by brenthutch

9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Why the obfuscation? 

Tesla has the highest brand loyalty of any auto maker period.IF, IF they have higher initial defects as your quoted source alleges than some other auto's . Then they must address those defects, provide superior service, have a superior driving experience and reliability. That every other brand. in order to overcome those initial defect liabilities.

Deciding that you don't like Tesla doesn't help your overall anti-EV agenda. Its a car company and is what it is.

Obfuscation would be labeling the better educated, higher income Tesla buyers as "Muskophiles". IMO Honda is a no-brainer auto, a top choice.

13 hours ago, brenthutch said:

That’s a reach but I will give you an A for imagination (or would that that be an I?) BTW the Benz is the wife’s, I drive an Accord coupe V6 w a manual.

Mercedes STILL has the highest maintenance cost though. It was part of my consideration in buying one for Skymama.

Thankfully I'm very handy with tools and get wholesale pricing on auto parts. GOOD auto parts at that, not those big box store shite parts.

17 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

I worked with mfr's all over the world evaluating their Quality Programs for 30 yrs.

I would like to know your definition of 'quality.'

Just curious.

Jerry Baumchen

It wasn’t my opinion, it was the finding of JD Power.

(edited)
57 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

That reply does not answer:  I would like to know your definition of 'quality.

Jerry Baumchen

Honda: twenty five years and nothing more than oil, tire, air filter and break pad changes.

Edited by brenthutch

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.hotcars.com/problems-with-tesla-nobody-talks-about/
“Anyone who is image-obsessed is instantly drawn to products like Teslas.“

Both interesting but IMO owner repurchases of the same brand mean the most. Because you may have complaints but the rubber meets the road when you repurchase the same brand again. I know several people that bought new BMW autos beautiful cars, quiet, fast, etc. Not one ended up repurchasing another. Nightmare issues with electronics and very expensive repair bills. As soon as the warranty was done the cars were gone.

Honda: twenty five years and nothing more than oil, tire, air filter and break pad changes.

Hi Brent,

That is what I expected.  And, that is not an insult to you; most people are of the same thinking.

However, a really good Quality Program is one in which the product conforms to pre-determined standards.  That means that if the standard is:  We produce junk; then, if they do produce junk, they have a very good Quality Program that is working as it should.

I realize that most people do not accept this definition, but it is true.

Jerry Baumchen

Registered Quality Engineer

(edited)

T

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

However, a really good Quality Program is one in which the product conforms to pre-determined standards.  That means that if the standard is:  We produce junk; then, if they do produce junk, they have a very good Quality Program that is working as it should.

Thank you Jerry,

Now I understand Tesla.

”we produce a virtue signaling piece of high tech nonsense” as long as they are high tech and virtue signaling.... mission accomplished, fit, finish and reliability be damned.  

Edited by brenthutch

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

And that is a very rational criteria for choosing an automobile.  Thanks for playing.

You mean like yours? That EVs won't be worthwhile for anyone to buy until they can accelerate as fast as your SUV.... but not faster! That's just pointless and useless. 

Look, what's your deal here? You don't want a Tesla anyway, so why do you care how good their quality is? It has no bearing on the viability of EVs in general because they are just one company, and it doesn't even have much bearing on the future of Tesla specifically because manufacturing qality isn't a constant - as shown by the article you trumpeted showing that Tesla had lost the CR recommendation, which they have already regained. Longer term, take Mercedes. 20 years ago they'd declined into utter garbage in terms of construction, interior quality and faults. The company didn't sink though, and now they make good cars again and are successful.

3 minutes ago, jakee said:

You mean like yours? That EVs won't be worthwhile for anyone to buy until they can accelerate as fast as your SUV.... but not faster! That's just pointless and useless. 

Look, what's your deal here? You don't want a Tesla anyway, so why do you care how good their quality is? It has no bearing on the viability of EVs in general because they are just one company, and it doesn't even have much bearing on the future of Tesla specifically because manufacturing qality isn't a constant - as shown by the article you trumpeted showing that Tesla had lost the CR recommendation, which they have already regained. Longer term, take Mercedes. 20 years ago they'd declined into utter garbage in terms of construction, interior quality and faults. The company didn't sink though, and now they make good cars again and are successful.

There was a time not that long ago when Mercedes were known to not be that reliable, however their reputation was still a luxury car

2 hours ago, nigel99 said:

There was a time not that long ago when Mercedes were known to not be that reliable, however their reputation was still a luxury car

Jaguar, Bentley, even Audi all had major quality issues over the years. Brent just wants to hate on Tesla - you're not going to change that. 

5 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Jaguar, Bentley, even Audi all had major quality issues over the years. Brent just wants to hate on Tesla - you're not going to change that. 

On target. Personally I think its because he was one of those that shorted the stock.

(edited)
54 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

You can include Mercedes and the Big Three to that list.  The point is those companies HAD major quality issues, Tesla HAS major quality issues. Big difference 

Edited by brenthutch