2 2
turtlespeed

How about some good news for a change!!

1 hour ago, jakee said:

You are confused. I was responding directly to that point. I'll restate it for you - renaming the bases is not in any way 'erasing' history. It is simply not honouring parts of history that shoud not be honoured. Conflating the two is an asinine argument. Clear enough this time buddy?

How would it feel to be a black soldier stationed at a base named for a Confederate 'hero'?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/politics/military-bases-confederate-names-trump.html

1 hour ago, jakee said:

You are confused. I was responding directly to that point. I'll restate it for you - renaming the bases is not in any way 'erasing' history. It is simply not honouring parts of history that shoud not be honoured. Conflating the two is an asinine argument. Clear enough this time buddy?

It's OK Ace, I left my parachute back at Bragg years ago. I'm over it. I'm also over the drama HERE! ;) 

7 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

How would it feel to be a black soldier stationed at a base named for a Confederate 'hero'?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/politics/military-bases-confederate-names-trump.html

lucky to have a JOB! Essential AF. Check your feelings at the door and get your big boy pants issued. Keep dwelling in the past...

9 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Oh yeah, I WAS stationed right next to them. Never heard any problems with it... But again, It takes a certain kind of person to embrace the military lifestyle. Large and in part, part of the problem. I truly believe in mandatory civic duty for ALL.    

Just now, timski said:

Oh yeah, I WAS stationed right next to them. Never heard any problems with it... But again, It takes a certain kind of person to embrace the military lifestyle. Large and in part, part of the problem. I truly believe in mandatory civic duty for ALL.    

Of course you didn't hear anything about it.

Anyone who said anything faced consequences.

You didn't read the article, did you?

36 minutes ago, timski said:

lucky to have a JOB! Essential AF. Check your feelings at the door and get your big boy pants issued. 

Absolutely.

Those statues are coming down.  Check your feelings at the door, get your big boy pants on and carry on.

30 minutes ago, timski said:

Check your feelings at the door and get your big boy pants issued.

Why are you bothered about the renaming - isn't that simply your feelings? Aren't you a big enough boy to get over it?

Keep dwelling in the past...

Like, by insisting that the Army needs to remember past history by keeping bases named after past soldiers?

I'm not sure why you've decided to start arguing against your own point.

29 minutes ago, jakee said:

Why are you bothered about the renaming - isn't that simply your feelings? Aren't you a big enough boy to get over it?

Like, by insisting that the Army needs to remember past history by keeping bases named after past soldiers?

I'm not sure why you've decided to start arguing against your own point.

spin it however it makes you happy. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, If you truly think I give one fuck about ANY of this BS, please, think again. I understand our crisis, I understand the root causes. I get it. Change is needed, ALL AROUND.  Now then, I'm off to solve worldly problems :mask:

52 minutes ago, timski said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, If you truly think I give one fuck about ANY of this BS, please, think again. I understand our crisis, I understand the root causes. I get it. Change is needed, ALL AROUND.  Now then, I'm off to solve worldly problems :mask:

Glad you're not into the drama.

59 minutes ago, timski said:

You seem to be making a LOT of posts about something you care nothing about.

7 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Was he possibly a drama queen in a previous life?

General rule of life is that the first person in any conversation to say 'ugh, I just cant stand all the drama around here!' is the one who stirs the pot like no other:rofl:

On 6/12/2020 at 4:07 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

You really don't know much about the 82nd Airborne Division, XVIII Airborne Corps, or the United States Special Forces do you?

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

You really don't know much about the 82nd Airborne Division, XVIII Airborne Corps, or the United States Special Forces do you?

Exactly.  Soldiers are tougher than that.  You'd have no problem at all serving at an Osama bin Laden military base, right?

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

The key concept in our military is "volunteer."

?? Not sure where that came from.  Just making sure you'd have no problem at all serving at Osama bin Laden base.   After all, you're not one of those liberal revisionists trying to erase history.

And for some very good news for the day:

=============================================

U.S. Supreme Court rules discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity illegal

Bob Egelko June 15, 2020

In a historic victory for gay and transgender rights, the Supreme Court ruled Monday that federal law prohibits employment discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity — discrimination currently allowed by laws in 21 states.

==============================================

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 3:54 PM, billvon said:

Those statues are coming down.  Check your feelings at the door, get your big boy pants on and carry on.

It's a simple solution really. Name all the bases and put up statues in honor of those 3,520 Medal of Honor recipients. Of those, 90 of the MoH's went to 89 African-Americans (Sweeney was awarded twice). Who's gonna take exception to an MoH recipient.    

• Like 7