2 2
turtlespeed

How about some good news for a change!!

Hi folks,

Since turtle is on my Ignore List, I really do not know what he posted.

However, here is some good news:

'Appeals court upholds order to restore reporter’s White House press pass'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/05/brian-karem-white-house-press-pass-303395

'Twitter takes down Trump campaign videos over copyright complaint'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/04/twitter-trump-copyright-302679

'Judge: Tennessee must allow postal voting for all amid virus'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/04/judge-tennessee-must-allow-vote-by-mail-for-all-amid-virus-302574

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't care what side of the aisle you sit on - that has to be good news.

I don't know. In the past your side of the aisle seemed to indicate that number was too easy to manipulate and therefor should not be trusted....

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Let's at least have ONE thread with just good news in it.

I'll start.

Unemployment went down to 13.3% in May.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/economy/may-jobs-report-2020-coronavirus/index.html

4 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Since turtle is on my Ignore List, I really do not know what he posted.

However, here is some good news:

'Appeals court upholds order to restore reporter’s White House press pass'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/05/brian-karem-white-house-press-pass-303395

'Twitter takes down Trump campaign videos over copyright complaint'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/04/twitter-trump-copyright-302679

'Judge: Tennessee must allow postal voting for all amid virus'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/04/judge-tennessee-must-allow-vote-by-mail-for-all-amid-virus-302574

Jerry Baumchen

The sun is always shining somewhere.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

It’s good news. 
Personally, I feel conflicted. I seriously don’t want Trump re elected, but I don’t want the unemployed hurt any more than they already are. 
Wendy P. 

That is all good news and I agree with Wendy. IMO the shoe has still not dropped on the economy and won't until the stimulus money runs out. C-19 has a ways to run yet.

Yes back to work is good news. Its very discouraging for the unemployed and for those living paycheck to paycheck its a disaster.

56 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

And in these troubled times. A good reason to get breast implants :)

25 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

The do look better than a Kevlar vest.

Most importantly less intimidating than a Kevlar vest although they are distracting.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Since Jerry is on my Ignore List, I really do not know what he posted and that is the good news.

Haha. We should almost start a thread where we all post them. Would be chaos with so many posters of different outlooks as there would be post after post of ‘you’ve hidden poster x’

Edited by nigel99

Just now, nigel99 said:

We should almost start a thread where we all lost them.

Nobody is on my ignore list. And if they were; I hope I'd have enough class to not feel the need to announce it to everyone else for some brownie points. 

• Like 3

(edited)
48 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Nobody is on my ignore list. And if they were; I hope I'd have enough class to not feel the need to announce it to everyone else for some brownie points. 

I thought you said Jerry was on it or did the quoting go bad?

Edited by nigel99
iPhone autocorrect sucks

I'm guessing this is about the slight dip in unemployment numbers, apparent dip I should say.

Are these numbers as reliable as the covid numbers provided by the government?

How much impact did the death of 120,000 Americans impact those numbers? More so given the inaccurate numbers reported???

Just last month, The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported the actual numbers were much worse than being reported.

They weren't the only ones reporting numbers issues, miscalculations, and the expectation of worse numbers in the next few months. Covid isn't done yet either.

I have less than zero trust or confidence in any data put out by the current administration.

1 hour ago, normiss said:

I'm guessing this is about the slight dip in unemployment numbers, apparent dip I should say.

Well, you have states opening up, and telling people (for example, hair salon workers) that they can no longer get unemployment compensation.  So, ready or not, they go back to work.  

10 hours ago, kallend said:

That's very good.  Let's hope a second wave doesn't negate the progress.

30,000+ infections last time worldometer updated.  They had Michigan numbers in the 5000+ range until it kicked over then it disappeared altogether, then it went down to 25000+.

It's going up, surprising no one with two pieces of grey matter to rub together.  As I've said before, wait for it.  It's going to get so much worse. 

8 hours ago, normiss said:

Are these numbers as reliable as the covid numbers provided by the government?

How much impact did the death of 120,000 Americans impact those numbers? More so given the inaccurate numbers reported???

Just last month, The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported the actual numbers were much worse than being reported.

They weren't the only ones reporting numbers issues, miscalculations, and the expectation of worse numbers in the next few months. Covid isn't done yet either.

I have less than zero trust or confidence in any data put out by the current administration.

Good news - not argument - lighten up Francis.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Last night and the night before, Antifa moved into my north GA community for a protesting demonstration. I did not attend, but AFAIK no one paid any attention.

Did you put MAGA bumper stickers on their cars?

You as in your neighbors - not you specifically.

Edited by turtlespeed