HausKatze

My Rig is Airworthy! Back to the Skies! Need people to jump w/!

Hello All:

I just got re-current this past July. And...finally the delays of getting a lot of rigging work done and waiting on Germany to get off summer holiday (to get a Cypres) are over. :)

I'll be jumping at Eloy, and It's full of top-tier competitors and military jumpers. I have 210 jumps, and all but 2 of those were 12 years ago.

I need to get in on a few jumps with people just off student status, or coaches, etc... I have never been able to freefly, but I'd be up for learning.

Is there a group for people at SD AZ that caters to/helps new or returning jumpers meet people to jump with? (I'm murderously shy/self-conscious, so I have never really be the type to just go up and intro myself...)

Thx

Neil
It would appear that I am a tourist in my own youth.

When I went there, I had also about 200 jumps and I was alone. Your best bet is to ask manifest for the "daily organizers" (or they have boards with them too) and talk to them about your experience. They have a few organizers for about anything, from beginner/intermediate RW to freefly. You don't have to be shy because it's their job to be there and help you get in the air with some successful skydives, but you'll also learn a lot and you have to be a little serious about it so you don't waste other people's time.
I loved my trip to Eloy and I made so many friends and experiences that way. Too bad it's on the other side of the country from where I am.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

HausKatze

I'll be jumping at Eloy, and It's full of top-tier competitors and military jumpers.

Happily, in my experience the vast majority of top-tier competitors are also some of the nicest, friendliest folk you could hope to meet. Obviously if teams are training then they won't be able to accommodate you directly, but don't be afraid to say hello to those guys and girls.

During the years that I used to visit Eloy for the Holiday Boogie, I was humbled by how down-to-earth and helpful my heroes were, particularly the members of Arizona Airspeed. I guess it's difficult to be on a hugely successful team without being a 'people' person :)

Eloy has loads of organizers, and jumpers at all levels. My visit there was brief (and truncated at that by an unplanned trip to the rigger loft), but I found people to jump with without a problem there - talk to manifest when you get there and they'll point you toward organizers.