3 3
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO

19 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

I have Turtle on "ignore," but occasionally click the button to see some of his...sage-like...input.  Perhaps there are words in other languages besides English that describe the glee of watching him get utterly dragged throughout this thread - every bit of scorn richly deserved.  

And it could've been as simple as "My bad.  I was wrong."

As Bill said to me, we should not attack people no matter how much they grate on us. It can be hard to do. Yes it’s easy to get sucked into trolling either real or perceived. I’m glad I avoided a ban for my comment, it would have been beer for my first in nearly 20 years on this site.

We have the ignore feature on the ‘new’ site for a reason. I enjoy the discussion and variety of views no matter how different to mine. I guess the Trump behaviour has found its way here. Let’s try and be bigger than him and keep it respectful, even when we disagree

50 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

As Bill said to me, we should not attack people no matter how much they grate on us. It can be hard to do. Yes it’s easy to get sucked into trolling either real or perceived. I’m glad I avoided a ban for my comment, it would have been beer for my first in nearly 20 years on this site.

We have the ignore feature on the ‘new’ site for a reason. I enjoy the discussion and variety of views no matter how different to mine. I guess the Trump behaviour has found its way here. Let’s try and be bigger than him and keep it respectful, even when we disagree

I don't know that I made any personal attack here, after reviewing my post.  I hardly post anymore on here - life got too busy in the last several months - but pointing out that he got dragged (and deserved it) for his refusal to back down is hardly a personal attack.  It's just stating what happened as a result of his unwillingness to concede that he was, in fact, wrong.

1 hour ago, yobnoc said:

I don't know that I made any personal attack here, after reviewing my post.  I hardly post anymore on here - life got too busy in the last several months - but pointing out that he got dragged (and deserved it) for his refusal to back down is hardly a personal attack.  It's just stating what happened as a result of his unwillingness to concede that he was, in fact, wrong.

Whatever - I admitted I was wrong. Second post.

2 hours ago, yobnoc said:

I hardly post anymore on here - life got too busy in the last several months - but pointing out that he got dragged (and deserved it) for his refusal to back down is hardly a personal attack.  It's just stating what happened as a result of his unwillingness to concede that he was, in fact, wrong.

What you did after being gone for three months was scroll through the threads - see that Turtle was on the ground getting the shit kicked out of him and decided to jumps on the dog-pile. Glad he's not black and you're not a cop. Bullies will be bullies whether in-person or on the Internet. 

6 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Trump isn't losing his hard-core supporters. Neither did Nixon. But the middle of the road voters are starting to abandon him a bit. We're talking about moderate Republicans and independent voters, or voters in states where Trump made promises and failed to deliver. 

On that topic, Susan Collins won't be greeting Trump in his photo-op tour in Maine: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/05/870151776/as-trump-heads-to-maine-gop-sen-susan-collins-wont-be-there-to-greet-him

(edited)

Trump is far worse than Nixon.  Trump has all of Nixon's evil qualities without the redeeming features of being smart and hard working.  Nixon's work on the environment was exemplary,  he didn't piss off longtime allies while sucking up to dictators, and some of his "best people" were actually pretty good, not just sycophants and toadies hired to flatter his vanity.

Edited by kallend

4 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trump is far worse than Nixon.  Trump has all of Nixon's evil qualities without the redeeming features of being smart and hard working.  Nixon's work on the environment was exemplary,  he didn't piss off longtime allies while sucking up to dictators, and some of his "best people" were actually pretty good, not just sycophants and toadies hired to flatter his vanity.

"Nixon was vile, but not ignorant. Reagan was ignorant, but not vile. Trump is vile and ignorant."

-- Bill Maher

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

What you did after being gone for three months was scroll through the threads - see that Turtle was on the ground getting the shit kicked out of him and decided to jumps on the dog-pile. Glad he's not black and you're not a cop. Bullies will be bullies whether in-person or on the Internet. 

It's hard to tell whether that post is more insulting than wrong, or the other way around.

33 minutes ago, ryoder said:

"Nixon was vile, but not ignorant. Reagan was ignorant, but not vile. Trump is vile and ignorant."

-- Bill Maher

IMO Regan was not ignorant. He was not Clinton, Obama smart. But he knew enough to surround himself with a very strong cabinet. he also had very strong interpersonal skills. I believe he was a very good president setting aside events the made him look better. The Berlin wall for example, cold war, etc.

21 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Could there be just the slightest crack in the dam:  'Mitt Romney said former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis' extraordinary critique of President Donald Trump was “very powerful.” Lisa Murkowski said she’s “struggling” with whether to support Trump's reelection and even suggested Mattis’ comments could cause the dam to break in the GOP.'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/04/jim-mattis-drives-wedge-between-trump-and-republicans-301082

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Almost all political movements start out very small.

Hi folks,

And possibly another slight crack in the dam:  'As Trump Heads To Maine, GOP Sen. Susan Collins Won't Be There To Greet Him'

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/05/870151776/as-trump-heads-to-maine-gop-sen-susan-collins-wont-be-there-to-greet-him

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Why?

Because he gets mad when people do things that he thinks slight him, and he can only think in terms of sides.  And right now he is seeing two sides - the white side and the thug side.  He's on the white side.  So anyone who tries to name a plaza something that has to do with black rights is "against" him.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Because he gets mad when people do things that he thinks slight him, and he can only think in terms of sides.  And right now he is seeing two sides - the white side and the thug side.  He's on the white side.  So anyone who tries to name a plaza something that has to do with black rights is "against" him.

I find it rather amusing that you have to explain trolling.

5 hours ago, billvon said:

I'm not saying you are 100% wrong.  I just think you aren't as right as you think you are.

(edited)
On 6/4/2020 at 12:34 PM, olofscience said:

Okay. Since I have other things to do, my preliminary analysis used some automated tools on the text DJL posted, namely the ATOS text analyser:

image.png.8247f42566ea6cba7c2dfaf7a016e53e.png

This means that the article you criticise to be written by a 12-year old, actually has the language level of 11th Grade, which is 16-17 year olds. Trump's language is more like 9-11 year olds.

So...are you still going to stick with your accusation that this conservative, George F Will, is writing like a 12-year old?

So I just ran some text through an analyzer and got this.

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 21.28.03.png

The source was the Trump portions of this interview:

https://radio.foxnews.com/2020/06/03/president-trump-on-the-brian-kilmeade-show/

Edited by ryoder