3 3
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

No, he denies and denies that he is a child of FOX news. That he never reads or studies traditional areas of conservative thinking. Most likely he has never heard of or read William Buckley Jr., or George Will.

Like almost all trump supporters he likes to be told what to think. Unfortunately there are others on SC who are like that.

No Fox is too left leaning nowadays. Brietbart all the way! 

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

That would require intellectual honesty, true integrity, a moral compass and ethical standards that informed your world view and required that you lived your life in a way that was more important to you than whatever you were getting in exchange for not having those basic ingredients of humanity. So, don't hold your breath, John.

That would require troll food.  Damn if I'm not all out.

42 minutes ago, airdvr said:

That would require troll food.  Damn if I'm not all out.

Let me fix it then:

That would require intellectual honesty, true integrity, a moral compass, ethical standards, and a bag of troll food and several smart people who can explain how to get paid news for free that informed your world view and required that you lived your life in a way that was more important to you than whatever you were getting in exchange for not having those basic ingredients of humanity. So, don't hold your breath, John.

7 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Turtle, what they say is true. George F. Will is a conservative by virtually any definition, and has been for a long time. What he has never been was a bandwagon-lover, so as the definition of "conservative" has morphed to "supports our guy no matter what" some people don't think of him as being liberal.

Equating intellectual independence with liberalism really isn't a great place to go, if you're not liberal. Eventually the old guys will die, and the ones who are still around will be tarnished by this time.

Wendy P.

I don't know who he is.  It would seem that I was incorrect in assuming a far left hit piece.  My statement still stands.

I'm not going to read anything that is written like a 12 year-old wrote it.

6 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

How do you turn on the ignore function? I couldn’t find the setting

Float, or hold, your mouse pointer over the loser name.

errr....user name.

A balloon pops up and "Ignore User" is an option.

Clicket!

4 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

How do you turn on the ignore function? I couldn’t find the setting

Beside your user icon at the right end of the bar at the top is a pull down menu.  Toward the end of the menu is "Ignored Users."  Enter the user name(s) of interest.

This is on a computer -- may look different on a pad or a phone.

1 hour ago, normiss said:

Float, or hold, your mouse pointer over the loser name.

errr....user name.

A balloon pops up and "Ignore User" is an option.

Clicket!

I've been looking for that for a while. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Beside your user icon at the right end of the bar at the top is a pull down menu.  Toward the end of the menu is "Ignored Users."  Enter the user name(s) of interest.

This is on a computer -- may look different on a pad or a phone.

Guess I need to login on a computer. Now to remember my password

5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

And, it looks as though former Sec of Defense Mattis has joined the effort to 'Flush the Turd  Nov 3rd.'

Jerry Baumchen

Apologies for the long cut and paste. I think the last paragraph is the most damning quote from such a senior former WH staff member.

James Mattis, a former defence secretary in the Trump administration, staged a rare intervention on Wednesday to criticise the president for his response to nationwide protests over the death of George Floyd.

Writing in The Atlantic, he said he was “appalled” at Donald Trump’s actions and accused him of using the military to violate the constitutional rights of Americans.

“I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled,” he wrote. “The words ‘Equal Justice Under Law’ are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind."

He added: "Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership."

Angry and appalled': Former defence secretary James Mattis launches blistering attack on Trump for response to protests

9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't know who he is.  It would seem that I was incorrect in assuming a far left hit piece.  My statement still stands.

There goes any claim to being a well-informed individual.

Ignorance is bliss.  Donnie loves you.

2 hours ago, kallend said:

There goes any claim to being a well-informed individual.

Ignorance is bliss.  Donnie loves you.

Most trump supporters like video clips to tell them what to think. Its much easier than reading. Any references to history are lost because history isn't taught in elementary schools.

Furthermore comprehension is only fully realized when multiple colors, authoritative tones of writing and derogatory references to HRC, etc is used.

2 hours ago, kallend said:

“We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership.”
Gen. J. Mattis, former SecDef.

Unfortunately General Mattis was a bit too deferential to his former commander and idiot. Previously Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Trump had the understanding of “a fifth- or sixth-grader,” Probably why his supporters relate to him so well.

White House chief of staff John Kelly called Trump “an idiot” and said he thought the president was “unhinged,”

Omarosa Manigault Newman, who was the highest-ranking African-American staffer in the West Wing, called him “racist, misogynist and bigot.”

Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and former chief of staff Reince Priebus called Trump an “idiot,” Wolff wrote. Former economic adviser Gary Cohn said Trump was “dumb as shit,” and former national security adviser H.R. McMaster said the president was a “dope,”

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said in November 2017 that Trump was “like an 11-year-old child,”

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in July 2017 called Trump a “moron,”

McMaster mocked Trump, also calling him an “idiot,” McMaster also said Trump was a “dope” with the intelligence of a “kindergartner,”

Hence his support from his similarly inclined base.It should be noted that all of these people were hired by trump himself.

9 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Unfortunately General Mattis was a bit too deferential to his former commander and idiot. Previously Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Trump had the understanding of “a fifth- or sixth-grader,” Probably why his supporters relate to him so well.

White House chief of staff John Kelly called Trump “an idiot” and said he thought the president was “unhinged,”

Omarosa Manigault Newman, who was the highest-ranking African-American staffer in the West Wing, called him “racist, misogynist and bigot.”

Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and former chief of staff Reince Priebus called Trump an “idiot,” Wolff wrote. Former economic adviser Gary Cohn said Trump was “dumb as shit,” and former national security adviser H.R. McMaster said the president was a “dope,”

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said in November 2017 that Trump was “like an 11-year-old child,”

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in July 2017 called Trump a “moron,”

McMaster mocked Trump, also calling him an “idiot,” McMaster also said Trump was a “dope” with the intelligence of a “kindergartner,”

Hence his support from his similarly inclined base.It should be noted that all of these people were hired by trump himself.

Quiet with the facts. You might make it difficult for the biased posters here to keep their orange tinted glasses on

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Most trump supporters like video clips to tell them what to think. Its much easier than reading. Any references to history are lost because history isn't taught in elementary schools.

Furthermore comprehension is only fully realized when multiple colors, authoritative tones of writing and derogatory references to HRC, etc is used.

Same reason the glaring bright colors work in cheap crappy fast food joints. Triggers.

(edited)
15 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

And the strangest thing about it is that Turtle defended, at length, Trump's statements about disinfectants and UV, which was positively infantile.

It's well known that Trump's language is extremely simple, probably below that of a 12 year old. They actually have a scientific paper about it: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1478929917706844

Maybe I can run that George F Will article through the same analysis, then we can settle the debate. Turtle, as a self-declared centrist, would you like to subject them to a fair and balanced scientific analysis?

Edited by olofscience