3 3
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO

1 minute ago, olofscience said:

Therefore, the Trump logo has MORE similarities to the Nazi logo than the USMC one.

The Nazis were very, very bad people.

In contrast, most Trumpists are just ignorant, although some are truly evil.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, olofscience said:

I will use simple words this time. I will also number the points to make it easy to understand. If you still can't understand, please ask an adult.

1. the USMC eagle wings slope down
  2. the Trump eagle and the Nazi eagle wings slope UP

No the Nazi wings are level.

3 minutes ago, olofscience said:
  1. the USMC eagle tail is visible
  2. the Trump eagle and Nazi eagle tail is NOT visible

Therefore, the Trump logo has MORE similarities to the Nazi logo than the USMC one.

and the Nazi Eagle's feet are different, lol.

You guys are losing it.

4 minutes ago, Coreece said:

No the Nazi wings are level.

So are you willing to put money on which two people will find more similar?

5 minutes ago, Coreece said:

and the Nazi Eagle's feet are different,

That was not my point. Why are you avoiding my point?

Oh right, because you're avoiding the truth, because it hurts. Need a safe space?

5 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Why are you avoiding my point?

I'm not, just pointing out how dumb it is, and how dumb you sound repeating it ad nauseam.

I mean there is an entire smorgasbord of shit on this guy and this is what you want to waste you time on?

Like I said, TDS for real, man.

how dumb you sound repeating it ad nauseam.

You're the one who asked it 3 times. All the points I had was in that first reply, nicely numbered but you didn't understand, or were unwilling to understand.

7 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I mean there is an entire smorgasbord of shit on this guy and this is what you want to waste you time on?

Like I said, TDS for real, man.

What I do with my time is my choice, and I have said nothing about the man in these past few posts, just the similarities with the logo.

The TDS is real, and you have it.

5 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Ha, "the old I know you are but what am I"

For awhile now I thought you may have been related to Jakee.  (been having JackC flashbacks when you post)  But you can't be, the Jacks would never be so sloppy.

36 minutes ago, Coreece said:

For awhile now I thought you may have been related to Jakee.  

Why, when I'm here?

(been having JackC flashbacks when you post) 

??

Not everyone feels the need to run around with a zillion screen names. You should stop projecting.

47 minutes ago, jakee said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

For awhile now I thought you may have been related to Jakee.  

Why, when I'm here?

I meant like your brother or some other relative - JackC and JackC1 is your brother, right?

It's no biggie, but aside from this mess of a thread, don't you think his style is very similar to you, just like JackC was?

51 minutes ago, jakee said:

Not everyone feels the need to run around with a zillion screen names.

This place and the perspectives therein were important to me and I didn't want to let them go - so I was a bit more persistent.  I deliberately tried to be as transparent and as obvious as I could be.

5 hours ago, kallend said:

In contrast, most Trumpists are just ignorant, although some are truly evil.

It's amazing how much effort they repeatedly invest in displaying their ignorance though.

TDS should stand for Trump Disease Symptoms and be applied to the Trumpeteers. It's unreal.

14 minutes ago, normiss said:

TDS should stand for Trump Disease Symptoms and be applied to the Trumpeteers. It's unreal.

The sheer level of incompetence shown by this man leaves his supporters with little to say other than name calling and vague claims that anyone who will not drink the kool-aid and calls out the madness is "deranged". 

5 hours ago, olofscience said:

I even number my points to make it easy for you. All you can say is "your biased contrasting" - exactly what, in my points 1 and 2, are wrong?

To clarify:472411142_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-40-31.png.d62f608d13ef0f85af7276eaf82b0710.png1695480939_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-41-05.png.d9e8c21f6daac9c8b526e173c1f03ac2.png445947981_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-42-28.png.86301625ca5b467e84857ab4619b440b.png

Which wing slopes down?

I don't think this does your point any favors.

Objectively, each of these individual parts are equally distinct. I would have to say that in this microcosm both the USMC and the Trump logo are equally close / far away from the Nazi iconography. If you can't see that maybe you need to step back a little. Which end of a line is the closest to the middle, the top or the bottom?

The problem is the OVERALL composition, not individual components. While one thing being close is coincidence, several is unintentional plagiarism at best.

Again, I don't think Trump is deliberately sending out smoke signals to fascists and white supremacists. I do think it's probably a tasteless accident which a less morally bankrupt campaign would have stepped back from as soon as it became evident. 

19 minutes ago, yoink said:

I do think it's probably a tasteless accident which a less morally bankrupt campaign would have stepped back from as soon as it became evident. 

They sure stepped back from the original Trump/Pence logo back in 2016 when someone animated it within a day or two.  https://twitter.com/coton_luver/status/754085343289151488

23 minutes ago, yoink said:

Objectively, each of these individual parts are equally distinct.

Oh no, now olof's gonna start counting the feathers and then bitch about how others are "wasting a lot of effort.":p

6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Oh no, now olof's gonna start counting the feathers and then bitch about how others are "wasting a lot of effort.":p

The iconography together with the content of the speeches makes it all pretty clear. Any defence of it is pretty abhorrent. Actually more than abhorrent.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Don't mistake me - you're in the wrong here. 

The overall composition is unmistakably similar to that of the Third Reich. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded. The individual elements share similarities with a multitude of national, political and warrior symbols but put all together they look like a nazi standard. 

I was simply pointing out that the way olof was making his argument wasn't the best way to make the point, in my opinion. 

44 minutes ago, yoink said:

I was simply pointing out that the way olof was making his argument wasn't the best way to make the point, in my opinion. 

Exactly, it's kind of obvious given he posted closeups highlighting their differences.xD

2 hours ago, normiss said:

It's amazing how much effort they repeatedly invest in displaying their ignorance though.

It's Trump Defensiveness Syndrome, the slightest perceived criticism about their Dear Leader and they jump to the defence of a man who neither knows who they are or cares about them. As I said earlier I haven't said anything about the man in the past few posts.

Exactly, it's kind of obvious given he posted closeups highlighting their differences.

Aaaand you still haven't answered my question. I did acknowledge the Nazi wing was straight, but overall I think most people would find more similarity between them rather than the USMC one which slopes down.

Are you willing to put money on that?

Then you have no rebuttal on the closeups of the bottom bit which shows that the tail is only visible on the USMC one. Anything to add on that?

2 hours ago, yoink said:

The problem is the OVERALL composition, not individual components. While one thing being close is coincidence, several is unintentional plagiarism at best.

You think it's overall composition, I think there are 2 specific elements. Coreece has no argument for either. You've actually been clearer in one post than he(she?) has in half a dozen.

I'll summarise how the argument has gone so far:

1. Coreece: posts link to eagle logos implying that USMC logo is also similar and there's nothing Nazi-like about the Trump one
  2. Me: I lay out 2 points: the wing position sloping down vs up/level for Nazi and Trump eagles, and the visibility of the tail/position of the circle
  3. Coreece: you're wrong
  4. Me: why? please be specific
  5. Coreece: your biased contrasting
  6. Me: posts closeups of wing, which one slopes down?
  7. Coreece: lol, they're all different, do you support Trump now?
  8. Me: you didn't answer my question
  9. Coreece: ok I'll ask again, why are you posting photos of the wings?
  10. Me: SLOWLY explains the same thing I said in (2)
  11. Coreece: No the Nazi wings are level
  12. Me: So are you willing to put money on which two people will find more similar?
  13. Coreece: just pointing out how dumb it is, and how dumb you sound repeating it ad nauseam. Why are you wasting time on this?
  14. Me: you were the one who kept asking so I had to repeat it

I laid out just 2(!) points, and several posts later only one is being argued after me having to repeat several times.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:15 PM, billvon said:

Dude, you defend Trump at every opportunity.  You attack his enemies, and anyone who criticizes him you label as a Trump-hating extreme left liberal.

And everyone here sees it.  You can say "oh, I don't like Trump that much" but again, people see what you do, not what you claim.

That poster, BTW, was a poster of Castro intentionally altered to use the same style as an Obama poster and then used for a different purpose, in this case to attack Obama to try to create a comparison between the two.  Are you saying that a Nazi logo was intentionally altered and used by Trump for his own purposes?

No.  I'm saying that the correlation between them is ridiculous, and unintentional. 

It is on par and similar to the altered posters, and for the same reasons.  It's just your side doing it this time, so there is no outrage.

14 hours ago, kallend said:

Funny, I didn't see an anchor in the DT logo, and the eagle isn't holding a "Semper Fidelis" banner in its beak,  The "circle" is actually a globe, too, per the Office of the Commandant.  

In its over 200 years of existence, the Marine Corps has used several different emblems and official insignia, yet no design has had greater staying power than the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor (EGA).  Eagles and anchors have been used in Marine Corps insignia since the turn of the nineteenth century." 

Funny how people will weasel and spin to protect Trump.

Its even funnier to watch as you guys pat yourselves on the backs and congratulate each other, for what? Deliberately making a false comparison and convincing yourself that it is true?

14 hours ago, olofscience said:

I even number my points to make it easy for you. All you can say is "your biased contrasting" - exactly what, in my points 1 and 2, are wrong?

To clarify:472411142_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-40-31.png.d62f608d13ef0f85af7276eaf82b0710.png1695480939_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-41-05.png.d9e8c21f6daac9c8b526e173c1f03ac2.png445947981_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-42-28.png.86301625ca5b467e84857ab4619b440b.png

Which wing slopes down?

Yes.  Thanks for that - The amount that the wings slope up (Blue) and the amount that they slope down (Gold) are almost identical, compared to the exact horizontal black eagle.

13 hours ago, olofscience said:

You're the one who asked it 3 times. All the points I had was in that first reply, nicely numbered but you didn't understand, or were unwilling to understand.

What I do with my time is my choice, and I have said nothing about the man in these past few posts, just the similarities with the logo.

If your choice is to spend your time with this false narrative - then its more likely that you are the one suffering from that particular syndrome. ;)

JS

7 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

The iconography together with the content of the speeches makes it all pretty clear. Any defence of it is pretty abhorrent. Actually more than abhorrent.

Only if you are TRYING to see it that way.  Only if you are wanting the two to be correlated.