3 3
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO

40 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

When the occasion calls for it.

Except for you the occasion always calls for it, no matter what.

Because I look at both sides,

You look at both sides then defend the conservatives? What was the point in looking?

That is simply not true.

It absolutely is true and everyone here knows it. Including you.

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

And after all this you still haven't condemned his complete inaction on Putin putting bounties on American service members. I guess your own internet reputation is more important, how Trumpian.

He's researching both sides so he can make an unbiased call on it.

I mean, come on.  It's not like Obama was the one who ignored it.

11 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Not even close.

I don't necessarily defend Trump.  I defend conservatism.  I point out the hypocrisy of what the left claims. 

I second Jakee's question. Weren't you just claiming you were centrist?

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm looking into out how much is truth and how much isn't truth.

I highly recommend you brush up on some mathematics and science first. Suggested topics include Game Theory, the scientific method, Probability, and Bayesian logic. Contrary to popular belief a lot of true things aren't clear just by "instinct" or gut feel.

(edited)
1 hour ago, olofscience said:

I second Jakee's question. Weren't you just claiming you were centrist?

I highly recommend you brush up on some mathematics and science first. Suggested topics include Game Theory, the scientific method, Probability, and Bayesian logic. Contrary to popular belief a lot of true things aren't clear just by "instinct" or gut feel.

This gets old.  I have explained my position here many times.

Edited by turtlespeed

14 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Saying something many times doesn't make it any more logical or truthful.

I've never actually considered myself a leftist. With my background in science I was critical of the impression that leftist policies were guided by empathy and feelings rather than data.

I actually still think that. However, either by luck or otherwise, leftist policies are somehow more supported by the data, much more than the right wing. Conservatives have just mostly descended into ridiculous hallucinations and rantings that are so far from reality that I've somehow spent a lot more time arguing against them. If both sides were equally distant from reality, I'd spend equal time arguing against both. But they're not.

And all this time, we're still waiting for any evidence that you're actually centrist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

And your other posts continually fail to match those explanations. You claim to be more centrist than anyone else but admit always posting on the conservative side. Then you claim you post on the conservative side for reasons that don't reflect your true beliefs but never seem to consider that this could apply to other people too. 

Makes much more sense to stick with Occam's razor and assume that you are exactly what you seem to be - a staunch conservative on most issues who'd rather have Trump in office than see the Democrat party in power.

44 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Incorrect again.

I am more centrist than most of the vocal posters on this forum.

OK, so you claim to be more centrist than most of the vocal posters... but admit to always posting on the conservative side. You're not a centrist voice on this forum, you're a pro-conservative, pro-Trump voice.

Your claim of being a centrist simply doesn't matter when the arguments you contribute to the forum are not. You post like a partisan therefore you are thought of as a partisan. If your contributions to the forum don't really reflect the way you think because you just want to oppose other people you think are too liberal, then it is entirely your own fault that you are seen as so partisan. 

(edited)

Well trump campaigned on building a wall and it looks like he was successful.EU Sets New List Of Approved Travel Partners. The U.S. Isn't On It

Canada is recently talking about extending the closure of the border for far longer.

The total length of new wall built by trump at the Mexico border during his 31/2 years of office is.... wait....3 miles.All paid for by US taxpayers.

Edited by Phil1111

27 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Telling that two of the three states with the most cases and deaths are controlled by a governor with a D after his name.

It really isn't.

To make that statement you'd need to do the math to figure out the respective population percentages of each state and the political affiliation of the people in them. Even then, it's a shit metric.

Stop trying to bring this back to a simple political party debate. That's why we're so fucked. If YOUR side wears masks, MY side mustn't, because the enemy can't ever have a good idea. 

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Telling that two of the three states with the most cases and deaths are controlled by a governor with a D after his name.

Telling that democrats want to use science to solve this and Trump supporters, well . . . .

MAGA_mask.jpg

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

How so?

Honest question.

New York got clobbered at the beginning because Trump refused to close the border. Lots & lots of people came in from Europe, when Italy was clearly infected and getting worse. 
There's been some research showing that the virus in NYC was brought in from Italy, not direct from China.

New Jersey basically got the fallout from NY.

Both of those are doing what they can to bring it under control and are having some degree of success.

However, Florida, Texas and Arizona (along with California) are 'setting the standard' for what happens when the society decides to re-open without any semblance of control.

Those three (four) have the greatest level of increase in the past couple weeks. Well above national levels.

Is it telling that those 3 have "R" governors (CA is a D).

Or is it simply the fact that we, as a whole, have failed miserably in addressing this?

This "Atlantic" article was linked a couple days ago:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/how-white-house-coronavirus-response-went-wrong/613591/

It details the failures that made us the country with the highest infection and death rates, by a large (I mean HYOOGE) margin.

It lays much of the blame at Trump's feet.
One of the most disgusting parts of it is that we used to have people on the ground in China. Actual health experts working in the hospitals & clinics in China. Interacting with the doctors & health officials.

If those people had been in place back in December & January, we would have had decent warning. The obfuscation and deception by the Chinese health officials simply wouldn't have been possible.

The reason those people weren't in place?
Trump couldn't be bothered to fill the positions. Like so many others.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Totally different.

The head of the eagle is facing right.

But from the eagle's perspective it's facing left.

This is the clue that Qanon has been looking for - the new Trump regime will be LEFTIST!  This explains all the failed predictions by Q in the past.  Qanon will now be able to accurately predict the future as Trump roots out all the right wing deep staters and restores the US to its position of power!  He's been playing a very deep game, fooling everyone!  And silly libs thought he was stupid.

That should be more than enough proof.  But if you need more - he's campaigned on "make America great again" and he's even mentioned 2006 as a time America was great.  And in 2006 - Trump was a DEMOCRAT!  Case closed.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Meh...Formula boats has had the same type of logo for years.

Formula Boats

No. That looks like the Prussian flag.

The flag of a sitting president up for re-election looks like the symbol of the fucking THIRD REICH.

At the very least you should be saying ‘It’s accidental’. Your ‘meh’ attitude towards one of the most heinous symbols that has ever been used by a political party is simply WRONG.

Edited by yoink