3 3
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO

48 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

No.  I'm saying that the correlation between them is ridiculous, and unintentional. 

And how does the Obama/Castro comparison help you do that?

It is on par and similar to the altered posters, and for the same reasons.  It's just your side doing it this time, so there is no outrage.

What altered posters, and what are those reasons?

Are you saying it's the same thing to call out a comparison which exists as it is to deliberately falsify evidence in order to create a comparison to call out?

(edited)
40 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

If your choice is to spend your time with this false narrative - then its more likely that you are the one suffering from that particular syndrome. ;)

Trump Defensiveness Syndrome?

Look through my posts since replying to Coreece. I have said NOTHING about the man.

Poor turtle, did I hurt your feelings by talking about visual elements? I haven't said anything about your object of affection.

Edited by olofscience

50 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Coreece: posts link to eagle logos implying that USMC logo is also similar

Again, the original twitter post asked where else did he see an eagle standing on a circle?

The EGA fits that description for all the "low information people" as bill likes to call them.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

and there's nothing Nazi-like about the Trump one

Now your TDS is making you out to be a liar.  Where did I say that?

Me: I lay out 2 points: the wing position sloping down vs up/level for Nazi and Trump eagles, and the visibility of the tail/position of the circle

You're lying again.  You said nothing about them being level until I pointed it out to you.  And again, "up and level" are not the same things. 

• Coreece: you're wrong
  • Me: why? please be specific
  • Coreece: your biased contrasting

Exactly - it was so obvious that it didn't really need any more explanation.   Nevertheless, I clarified in points 6-11 that all three are different - Up, Down, Level.

Me: So are you willing to put money on which two people will find more similar?

Eh, maybe.  It might be interesting.  Make a prop and be sure to include your sampling method and how you'll account for any bias.  Note that you're already behind tho given that another poster already stated that they're equally distinct.  I think many others would follow suit if given the option.

Coreece: just pointing out how dumb it is, and how dumb you sound repeating it ad nauseam. Why are you wasting time on this?

It was a relevant question given that you were giving me shit about wasting all this effort when all I did was post a link.  Not really the best way to start a conversation if you're looking for someone to take you seriously.

Me: you were the one who kept asking so I had to repeat it

And here you are repeating it again even after being called out on it by another poster.

I laid out just 2(!) points, and several posts later only one is being argued after me having to repeat several times.

As if the first one wasn't dumb enough.

51 minutes ago, Coreece said:

You're lying again.  You said nothing about them being level until I pointed it out to you.  And again, "up and level" are not the same things. 

Really? I did say it (I used "straight" rather than "level"):

21 hours ago, olofscience said:
  1. Positioning of the wings. The EGA logo wings are sloping down, while the Nazi eagle and Trump eagle wings are "straight" or upturned.

You need to work on your reading comprehension, then maybe you won't sound so stupid when I summarize your arguments.

15 hours ago, olofscience said:

I will use simple words this time. I will also number the points to make it easy to understand. If you still can't understand, please ask an adult.

1. the USMC eagle wings slope down
  2. the Trump eagle and the Nazi eagle wings slope UP
  3. the USMC eagle tail is visible
  4. the Trump eagle and Nazi eagle tail is NOT visible

Therefore, the Trump logo has MORE similarities to the Nazi logo than the USMC one.

The Nazis were very, very bad people. And Coreece's ability to understand is very, very small and needs much, much improvement!

One thing I don't see that you've pointed out (I may have missed it):

The proportion of the circle (globe) and the eagle.

In the EGA, the globe is fairly large. The diameter of the globe is about the same as the height of the eagle.

In the Nazi logo, the circle is much smaller. Maybe half the height. 

The proportions of the Trump symbol are virtually identical to the Nazi symbol. Nowhere near the Marine emblem.

3 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

One thing I don't see that you've pointed out (I may have missed it):

The proportion of the circle (globe) and the eagle.

In the EGA, the globe is fairly large. The diameter of the globe is about the same as the height of the eagle.

The proportions of the Trump symbol are virtually identical to the Nazi symbol. Nowhere near the Marine emblem.

Agreed. But they can't even digest the first 2 points without throwing hissy fits, adding a 3rd one might make their brains explode. They're very intellectually challenged so we need to explain it slowly.

13 minutes ago, olofscience said:

The EGA logo wings are sloping down, while the Nazi eagle and Trump eagle wings are "straight" or upturned.

Right, and I asked you what was your point, that they're all different?  Fine, I agree.

9 minutes ago, olofscience said:

they can't even digest the first 2 points without throwing hissy fits

it's already been pointed out by several posters how dumb your fist point was, and that if you can't see that, then maybe you should just step off.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Coreece said:

it's already been pointed out by several posters how dumb your fist point was, and that if you can't see that, then maybe you should just step off.

Not at all. I'll explain further. In both the Trump eagle and Nazi eagle wings, when the wing is level/straight or upturned, the remiges (flight feathers) are actually in the deployed position and the primaries are extended. When the wing is sloping downwards like the USMC logo, the wing is folded and the flight feathers overlap more (primaries folded). Which is why people will find more similarity between the Trump eagle and Nazi eagle than the USMC one. Add in the similarities with the position of the circle at the feet, and the size of the circle in proportion to the eagle (thanks wolfriverjoe) and it's no wonder people saw the resemblance.

Geez, good luck understanding that though. (I had to use big words, sorry)

Edited by olofscience

I've only been scanning this since it's gone on so long but I think this is becoming a bit like trying to read tea leaves.  If it was intentional then it may be achieving both the dog whistle and trolling goals it was designed to evoke.  It gets Trump opponents to point at something in a claim of racism and allows Trump supporters to say they're being ridiculous.

The truth is that an Eagle holding something or sitting on something is a very common symbol, especially for a country who uses it as a national emblem.  There certainly is a danger of evoking Nazi imagery and someone like Trump who is constantly accused  of such dog-whistle tactics should not do this IF he and his campaign genuinely don't want to draw that comparison.  So, they either don't care or are happy to have their followers entrench themselves in his defense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJL said:

If it was intentional

You know with all the desperate defending I'm getting from the Trumpies, I actually haven't said anything whether I thought it was intentional or not.

I just specified a few visual elements then got a vigorous response. Must have struck a nerve.

16 minutes ago, olofscience said:

You know with all the desperate defending I'm getting from the Trumpies, I actually haven't said anything whether I thought it was intentional or not.

I just specified a few visual elements then got a vigorous response. Must have struck a nerve.

I think that's referred to as "triggered" these days.

54 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

If you're going to be objective, it really depends on which logo you want to cherry pick as there are several styles for both:

376225835_EmblemComparison.jpg.ddaaeba3a517f8b1165f0ac8c63a4ade.jpg

16 hours ago, olofscience said:

Ok let's see toddlers identify, in which photo can you see the tail of the eagle?

282653218_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-49-58.png.79f8f4162cb71930065ebc1c0fbab913.png176527455_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-49-32.png.5c252488e9ec319f44f55572916516bc.png991539583_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-47-44.png.4b25721930cbcdfb2878fa0cdd3e8b5f.png

You can see the tail in both the nazi logo and the USMC.

If not, then what's that thing between the nazi eagle's legs?

20 minutes ago, Coreece said:

If you're going to be objective, it really depends on which logo you want to cherry pick as there are several styles for both:

Well you did cherry pick, as the original comparison was with the Wikipedia version of the Nazi eagle:

image.png.c0e5e004dfa6db19ce7cb91066b2d734.png

(edited)
21 minutes ago, olofscience said:
44 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Well you did cherry pick, as the original comparison was with the Wikipedia version of the Nazi eagle:

Right, that comparison is already out there.  I'm the one being objective and showing you the other comparisons as well.

14 minutes ago, olofscience said:
41 minutes ago, Coreece said:

You can see the tail in both the nazi logo and the USMC.

If not, then what's that thing between the nazi eagle's legs?

Your self-respect. :rofl: (sorry, couldn't resist)

So that's your response to the glaring stupidity of your post staring you straight in the face?

I mean ffs dude, you've been bitching about how nobody is addressing your 2nd idiotic point about the tail, and then when someone finally does, that's all you have to say about it?

Again, enough with the projection already.

Edited by Coreece

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

It's just your side doing it this time, so there is no outrage.

What is "my side?"  Per the test you posted I am further right than you are.  Do you mean the side of objectivity?

I'm saying that the correlation between them is ridiculous, and unintentional.   It is on par and similar to the altered posters . . .

So you are saying that the correlation is unintentional.  And it is on par and similar to the altered posters - which ARE intentional?
You are sort of proving the opposite of what you think you are proving here.

Really? I did say it (I used "straight" rather than "level"):

You need to work on your reading comprehension, then maybe you won't sound so stupid when I summarize your arguments.

Straight is not the same as level.

Curved is not the same as straight.

Why do you have such a strong need to have "your" (should say borrowed) perception of a symbol believed and accepted?

There are so many obvious differences.

6 minutes ago, billvon said:

What is "my side?"  Per the test you posted I am further right than you are.  Do you mean the side of objectivity?

So you are saying that the correlation is unintentional.  And it is on par and similar to the altered posters - which ARE intentional?
You are sort of proving the opposite of what you think you are proving here.

I think we all know where your real leanings are though, Bill.

20 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Right, that comparison is already out there.  I'm the one being objective and showing you the other comparisons as well.

So that's your response to the glaring stupidity of your post staring you straight in the face?

I mean ffs dude, you've been bitching about how nobody is addressing your 2nd idiotic point about the tail, and then when someone finally does, that's all you have to say about it?

Again, enough with the projection already.

If you think the filled in area between the eagle's legs in the Nazi symbol is an obvious tail, then you're really making an effort :rofl:

Sorry about making you look stupid and angry, I highly suggest you find a safe space.:tongue: