3 3
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm not a cheerleader for Trump - I do call out the, obvious to me, inability to separate the hate for Trump, and the degradation this forum has falling so fast and hard toward the extreme left.

"Extreme left" does not mean "anti-Trump".

Every criticism of Trump hurts your feelings. Even if they come from very conservative people like George F Will. Heck, even Rex Tillerson thought he was a moron. But they're now "extreme left" to you because they've dared to criticise your Dear Leader.

You've given up all independent thought and are now quite a good sheep. Lots of governments would be thankful for people like you, good job!

12 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm not a cheerleader for Trump - I do call out the, obvious to me, inability to separate the hate for Trump, and the degradation this forum has falling so fast and hard toward the extreme left.

No one on this forum is extreme left or even remotely close to it. Like, maybe Funjumper101? I think I've seen them post maybe twice in the last year or so, and I pay as much attention to their screeching as the right-wing noise-machine who's gone quiet lately.

If you are absolutely married to this idea that extreme left thinking is infecting this place, you need to start putting up some concrete examples for reference - I'm happy to listen if you can list something to debate.

Others have already pointed out how badly you missed with your poster example, so I'm not going to pile on there.

So yesterday the National guard was shooting tear gas into a crowd of indigenous Americans, telling them to stay off part of their own land because a bunch of white people wanted celebrate their own freedom.

This is AmeriKKKa.

EcFu7_KU4AI9nHn.jpg

On 7/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, Coreece said:

EGA

There, now you people are informed. . .

1. Positioning of the wings. The EGA logo wings are sloping down, while the Nazi eagle and Trump eagle wings are "straight" or upturned.
  2. Position of the circle. The EGA logo (and the other logos the Trump defenders here have posted) show the eagle's tail, while the Nazi and Trump eagles both hide the tail and have the circle quite high up.

Aren't you sad you wasted a lot of effort googling and making leaps over huge gaps in logic just to defend the Trump campaign logo? That goes for the other Trumpists here.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:
  1. Positioning of the wings. The EGA logo wings are sloping down, while the Nazi eagle and Trump eagle wings are "straight" or upturned.
  2. Position of the circle. The EGA logo (and the other logos the Trump defenders here have posted) show the eagle's tail, while the Nazi and Trump eagles both hide the tail and have the circle quite high up.

Aren't you sad you wasted a lot of effort googling and making leaps over huge gaps in logic just to defend the Trump campaign logo? That goes for the other Trumpists here.

Pathetic, isn't it, the way they have to weasel and spin.

Positioning of the wings. The EGA logo wings are sloping down, while the Nazi eagle and Trump eagle wings are "straight" or upturned.

Nah, the wings on all 3 are different.  They all share a resemblance - but the aesthetics of the DT and USMC logos are more pleasing.

Aren't you sad you wasted a lot of effort

You're definitely projecting there.  ;)

47 minutes ago, kallend said:

Pathetic, isn't it, the way they have to weasel and spin.

Hah, I simply posted a link to logo wtih a rich history going back to the 1800s and the Royal Marines - olofscifi posted a detailed list that he still got wrong, TDS I'm sure.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, olofscience said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

a detailed list that he still got wrong

ok, so what's wrong about my list? Be specific please.

Your biased contrasting of the DT and Nazi logo wings against the USMC logo as if they were more similar.

Edited by Coreece
more specify, per olof's request (eyeroll)

Funny, I didn't see an anchor in the DT logo, and the eagle isn't holding a "Semper Fidelis" banner in its beak,  The "circle" is actually a globe, too, per the Office of the Commandant.  

In its over 200 years of existence, the Marine Corps has used several different emblems and official insignia, yet no design has had greater staying power than the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor (EGA).  Eagles and anchors have been used in Marine Corps insignia since the turn of the nineteenth century." 

Funny how people will weasel and spin to protect Trump.

9 minutes ago, kallend said:

Funny, I didn't see an anchor in the DT logo

The original twit asked "where have I seen that eagle style standing on a circle." 

The EGA is an acceptable answer.

16 minutes ago, kallend said:

the eagle isn't holding a "Semper Fidelis" banner in its beak

Neither is it in this one:

usmc-eagle-globe-and-anchor-ega-on-red-v

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

Your biased contrasting of the DT and Nazi logo wings against the USMC logo as if they were more similar.

I even number my points to make it easy for you. All you can say is "your biased contrasting" - exactly what, in my points 1 and 2, are wrong?

To clarify:472411142_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-40-31.png.d62f608d13ef0f85af7276eaf82b0710.png1695480939_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-41-05.png.d9e8c21f6daac9c8b526e173c1f03ac2.png445947981_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-42-28.png.86301625ca5b467e84857ab4619b440b.png

Which wing slopes down?

3 minutes ago, olofscience said:

I even number my points to make it easy for you. All you can say is "your biased contrasting" - exactly what, in my points 1 and 2, are wrong?

To clarify:472411142_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-40-31.png.d62f608d13ef0f85af7276eaf82b0710.png1695480939_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-41-05.png.d9e8c21f6daac9c8b526e173c1f03ac2.png445947981_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0522-42-28.png.86301625ca5b467e84857ab4619b440b.png

Which wing slopes down?

lol, you're so desperate.

What's your point, that they're all different?  Guess that makes you a trump supporter. xD

Just now, Coreece said:

What's your point, that they're all different?  Guess that makes you a trump supporter. xD

No, I'm not desperate, because for such a simple question you can't even specify what I was wrong about.

1 minute ago, olofscience said:
2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

No, I'm not desperate, because for such a simple question you can't even specify what I was wrong about.

Again, what's your point that they're all different?  Fine, I agree.

Just now, olofscience said:
2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Again, what's your point that they're all different?  Fine, I agree.

Putting words in my mouth now? That's desperate. And pathetic.

You know you need to use your own words to win arguments right?

Then use your own words.  I'll ask a third time.  What's your point in pointing out the differences in all of the wings, lol?

(edited)
52 minutes ago, Coreece said:

The original twit asked "where have I seen that eagle style standing on a circle." 

The EGA is an acceptable answer.

Neither is it in this one:

usmc-eagle-globe-and-anchor-ega-on-red-v

Stop weaseling.  YOU brought up "EGA" (Eagle, GLOBE and ANCHOR).  Two of three elements are different from the Trump and Nazi logos, and even the eagles are different. On the other hand, both Trump and Nazis share the same two elements (Eagle and Circle)

In 1954, the USMC Commandant, General Lemuel C. Shepherd, Jr., requested the design of an official seal for the corps.

The new seal included the traditional Eagle, Globe, and Anchor emblem in gold, with the Globe and anchor rope in silver. The eagle is depicted with wings displayed, standing upon the western hemisphere of the terrestrial globe, and holding in his beak a white ribbon bearing the Marine Corps motto "Semper Fidelis" (Always Faithful) with the hemisphere superimposed on a fouled anchor. An American bald eagle replaced the crested eagle depicted on the 1868 emblem.

The emblem is displayed on a scarlet background encircled with a blue band bearing the phrases "Department of the Navy" above and "United States Marine Corps" below in white letters, the whole edged in a gold rope

U.S. President Eisenhower approved the design on June 22, 1954. The emblem as shown on the seal was adopted in 1955 as the official Marine Corps emblem.

Edited by kallend
  • Like 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Then use your own words.  I'll ask a third time.  What's your point in pointing out the differences in all of the wings, lol?

I will use simple words this time. I will also number the points to make it easy to understand. If you still can't understand, please ask an adult.

1. the USMC eagle wings slope down
  2. the Trump eagle and the Nazi eagle wings slope UP
  3. the USMC eagle tail is visible
  4. the Trump eagle and Nazi eagle tail is NOT visible

Therefore, the Trump logo has MORE similarities to the Nazi logo than the USMC one.

The Nazis were very, very bad people. And Coreece's ability to understand is very, very small and needs much, much improvement!

Edited by olofscience