3 3
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO

11 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Meh...Formula boats has had the same type of logo for years.

Formula Boats

And missing half of it.

(I don't think Trump - or more accurately, Trump's team - did it intentionally.  It's more that he selects low-information people with no grasp of history.)

19 minutes ago, billvon said:

And missing half of it.

(I don't think Trump - or more accurately, Trump's team - did it intentionally.  It's more that he selects low-information people with no grasp of history.)

But they are "the best people".

28 minutes ago, billvon said:

And missing half of it.

History is only important when it’s part of the right narrative. 
Wendy P. 

54 minutes ago, yoink said:

No. That looks like the Prussian flag.

The flag of a sitting president up for re-election looks like the symbol of the fucking THIRD REICH.

I kinda want to defend this, given that various things like the seal of the Whitehouse have spread winged eagle depictions... but the more I look at it the more obvious it is that the entire damn composition is the same.

The Nazis were damn good at visual marketing though (by way of being vain as fuck) so it must be difficult for the kind of fringe right people who'd take a job on Trump's campaign to resist the temptation to copy them.

On 7/1/2020 at 8:09 AM, jakee said:

OK, so you claim to be more centrist than most of the vocal posters... but admit to always posting on the conservative side. You're not a centrist voice on this forum, you're a pro-conservative, pro-Trump voice.

Your claim of being a centrist simply doesn't matter when the arguments you contribute to the forum are not. You post like a partisan therefore you are thought of as a partisan. If your contributions to the forum don't really reflect the way you think because you just want to oppose other people you think are too liberal, then it is entirely your own fault that you are seen as so partisan. 

No - I start there and move to the left as is prudent.

My evidence is that none of the vocal posters can say the same from their starting point.

26 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

My evidence is that none of the vocal posters can say the same from their starting point.

That "evidence" won't be good enough for even a primary school science report...

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

If you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You mispelled 'smug unfounded opinion'.

12 minutes ago, airdvr said:

If you're not sure that's photoshopped you need to see an optometrist.

Well yes, that is how you would overlay one over the other to show the glaring similarities. Do you mean it's been significantly manipulated in some way? If so can you elaborate please?

I mean, I don't honestly think they did this on purpose, I think they're so fundamentally incompetent that they wouldn't even think to review any problematic alignments. There's literally dozens of eagle examples already in use that they could riff off (all facing left), they just happened to choose the clip-art** of the one facing right, that also matches the direction of known Nazi iconography. 

**They are also too cheap and unoriginal to commission new media, they apparently just made basic alterations to something they found online. Absolutely on-brand for Trump tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistercwood said:

Well yes, that is how you would overlay one over the other to show the glaring similarities. Do you mean it's been significantly manipulated in some way? If so can you elaborate please?

I mean, I don't honestly think they did this on purpose, I think they're so fundamentally incompetent that they wouldn't even think to review any problematic alignments. There's literally dozens of eagle examples already in use that they could riff off (all facing left), they just happened to choose the clip-art** of the one facing right, that also matches the direction of known Nazi iconography. 

**They are also too cheap and unoriginal to commission new media, they apparently just made basic alterations to something they found online. Absolutely on-brand for Trump tbh.

Just Jared with a dog whistle. So yeah incompetence but it was chosen for a reason.

7 hours ago, mistercwood said:

You are reaching and seeing what you want to - 

image.jpeg.fe2be3bdcc84decb82e172954a5eebb9.jpegimage.jpeg.9b77d5561c7bedb6f04700f312db9a96.jpegCast iron American Eagle with spread wings over flags and union ...

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

image.jpeg.fe2be3bdcc84decb82e172954a5eebb9.jpegimage.jpeg.9b77d5561c7bedb6f04700f312db9a96.jpegCast iron American Eagle with spread wings over flags and union ...

That's why dog whistles are designed the way they are, yes. So that you can leap to defend what is at a bare minimum an insanely tone-deaf design. You're not the target of the whistle.

I mean I still don't really think it's necessarily on purpose. But on the other hand I'm also well aware that Stephen Miller is one of the few OG members of the admin who's still on staff, and that little lizard man is a stone cold fascist.

8 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

That's why dog whistles are designed the way they are, yes. So that you can leap to defend what is at a bare minimum an insanely tone-deaf design. You're not the target of the whistle.

I mean I still don't really think it's necessarily on purpose. But on the other hand I'm also well aware that Stephen Miller is one of the few OG members of the admin who's still on staff, and that little lizard man is a stone cold fascist.

Have you ever considered how much a suggestion powers your perception?

Was that your comparison (The overlay) that you put together or was it someone else's idea that you are championing?

Was that your work of putting those two images together? 

8 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Have you ever considered how much a suggestion powers your perception?

Was that your comparison (The overlay) that you put together or was it someone else's idea that you are championing?

Was that your work of putting those two images together? 

1. Yes, all the time.

2. No. It looked bad enough without the overlay, but someone else did it and saved me the effort of doing it myself. I assessed the composite against the source, and concluded it was legit. I used to use Photoshop professionally, I'm not a novice to judging fakes or creating composites myself.

My turn.

Has it occurred to you at any stage of your unending water carrying for Trump under the guise of "centrism" that he is an OBJECTIVELY shitty president, just like he was an OBJECTIVELY shitty candidate?

Condemnation of Trump does not in any fucking way equal condemnation of conservatism. He is not a conservative. He never was. It does not reflect on YOU in any way to admit as such.

I genuinely miss when you used to contribute to this forum as a voice and perspective I may not have otherwise considered. All this cheerleading for an absolute dumpster-fire of a human being is beneath you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

All this cheerleading for an absolute dumpster-fire of a human being is beneath you.

It is really strange how it's all thrown away just to defend someone who doesn't even know or care about him.

So much effort...grilling you "was that your work putting the two images together?" "he didn't suggest people drink disinfectant by themselves".

What for? I wonder.

58 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Nah, it's more than that. It's not just the eagle, it's the eagle, the pose, the circle, the positioning of the two - it's the same composition. I don't think that means they're all Nazis but it is at best another example of the gross incompetence that pervades every level of Trump's administration.

By the way though, that Nazi eagle is apparently a particularly popular tattoo among neo-Nazis in countries where the swastika is illegal. They can leave the circle blank but everyone still knows what it means.

1 hour ago, mistercwood said:

1. Yes, all the time.

2. No. It looked bad enough without the overlay, but someone else did it and saved me the effort of doing it myself. I assessed the composite against the source, and concluded it was legit. I used to use Photoshop professionally, I'm not a novice to judging fakes or creating composites myself.

My turn.

Has it occurred to you at any stage of your unending water carrying for Trump under the guise of "centrism" that he is an OBJECTIVELY shitty president, just like he was an OBJECTIVELY shitty candidate?

Condemnation of Trump does not in any fucking way equal condemnation of conservatism. He is not a conservative. He never was. It does not reflect on YOU in any way to admit as such.

I genuinely miss when you used to contribute to this forum as a voice and perspective I may not have otherwise considered. All this cheerleading for an absolute dumpster-fire of a human being is beneath you.

Yes.  More than just objectively.  Some of his policies and actions are not what I would want, or desire form a president.

I'm not a cheerleader for Trump - I do call out the, obvious to me, inability to separate the hate for Trump, and the degradation this forum has falling so fast and hard toward the extreme left.

Did you think that the similarities between these two posters were accurate or an oversight or intentional or just a happy little mistake?

I thought it was bullshit, upon reflection of how I really felt, but because of my leanings I easily accepted the rhetoric. I have since recognized my mistake.  It was just political "gotcha".  One can find correlation in just about anything if they really want to.  

If you really want to look hard enough you can see just about anything you want in the clouds.

Amazon.com: Barack Obama Hope Political Campaign Art Poster 24x36 ...image.jpeg.85e050bb573db7b8e4e48da083caad4d.jpeg

2 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Exactly! For an example actual conservatives, see The Lincoln Project.

(edited)

On Twitter, conservative Tom Nichols, a professor of international affairs at the U.S. Naval War College said, “I've been pretty hard on people who make the Nazi comparisons around here, but Christ, even *I* saw this one right away. This is not some standard American eagle, this is a Trump graphics guy thinking he's being clever and trolling the world by saying "mayyyybe it's close."

Heather Cox Richardson on FB (she has pretty long posts, this is near the bottom):

https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxrichardson/?__cft__[0]=AZUx1O5tOAlJg_l5No2jizCoiW-rGvPmucEdO9tzqfXRjC27SKf6kEobVC0j8i1GKspeXGEGM2rxQbhoKwjcxjrw5xun6Vwn6ALiLAYv-xSUgJeq11LsPCahQoKdFzW1gR4oh2A_K0i3ta3xh8xLDXjzD0a45wbgeruxbY-7edAIryL1JY5Tg6MAkV05KRwZJUs&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R

Edit to add: The quote is out of the post from July 1 (Wednesday). She added one on Thursday, so it's not the first one.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

(edited)
3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I'm not a cheerleader for Trump - I do call out the, obvious to me, inability to separate the hate for Trump, and the degradation this forum has falling so fast and hard toward the extreme left.

Except you constantly call out legitimate criticism of Trump as hate, you lie about what people say in order to portray it as hateful, and you deny the facts about what Trump is doing in order to argue against people who point out those facts. You've gone so far as to state that even when Trump publically lies, even when his policies are flawed and even when those flaws lead to real harm... we should still assume that at least he meant well and it's more important to give him credit for that.

You are without a doubt his most vocal cheerleader on this forum. If you claim that doesn't reflect how you really feel, then it's on you to vote honestly.

One can find correlation in just about anything if they really want to.  

If you really want to look hard enough you can see just about anything you want in the clouds.

Amazon.com: Barack Obama Hope Political Campaign Art Poster 24x36 ...image.jpeg.85e050bb573db7b8e4e48da083caad4d.jpeg

Errrrm, you realise the Castro Viva poster is a deliberate copy of the Obama Hope poster, right? It correlates because it absolutely is supposed to correlate.

Let me again express my great surprise that you manage to find an example that illustrates the exact opposite of the point you attempt to make.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Yes.  More than just objectively.  Some of his policies and actions are not what I would want, or desire form a president.

Dude, you defend Trump at every opportunity.  You attack his enemies, and anyone who criticizes him you label as a Trump-hating extreme left liberal.

And everyone here sees it.  You can say "oh, I don't like Trump that much" but again, people see what you do, not what you claim.

That poster, BTW, was a poster of Castro intentionally altered to use the same style as an Obama poster and then used for a different purpose, in this case to attack Obama to try to create a comparison between the two.  Are you saying that a Nazi logo was intentionally altered and used by Trump for his own purposes?

7 minutes ago, billvon said:

in this case to attack Obama to try to create a comparison between the two. 

And thereby highlighting the issue he is trying to refute. What he thought would help counter a point actually helps prove the validity of the point.