3 3
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO

Great news today during the Impeached POTUS speech!

There are cures for AIDS and Ebola!!! Wow!

There was also the standard issue amount of lies from him, meaning pretty much everything he said.

His executive order is a joke. Choke holds are still permitted, and the gang of white cops cheered.

On 6/15/2020 at 2:55 PM, kallend said:

I'm older than Trump

Given all that's happened in recent years, this is a relief. For a brief period it seemed that the entire older generation was against us.

How many of you have portraits like this though...

1483812727-20170107.png

"Justice Department seeks court order to block release of book by former national security adviser John Bolton."

Assholes working for an asshole, suing an asshole.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/justice-department-seeks-court-order-to-block-release-of-book-by-former-national-security-adviser-john-bolton/2020/06/16/0160684e-af33-11ea-856d-5054296735e5_story.html

3 hours ago, kallend said:

"Justice Department seeks court order to block release of book by former national security adviser John Bolton."

Assholes working for an asshole, suing an asshole.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/justice-department-seeks-court-order-to-block-release-of-book-by-former-national-security-adviser-john-bolton/2020/06/16/0160684e-af33-11ea-856d-5054296735e5_story.html

Gabriel Manigault, who in his 1884 Political Creed described the sense that “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”

Nah Bolton isn't my friend but free republican advertising in an election year always brings a smile.

The other day we were driving down the road in a college town (Amherst), and saw three guys sitting in chairs by the road, with a fourth holding a sign facing the other way.

The sign said "Honk and we'll take a drink"

Man they must be bored. Maybe next time they'll say "Honk and we'll chug a keg."

Wendy P.

(edited)

He seems to be having a bad week. And Saturday he is planning on attending that huge indoor rally in Tulsa. What else could go wrong for the man? Bolton, Gorsuch, Roberts, all turned on him. Oh well, he still seems to have Pence!

Edited by gowlerk

27 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

He seems to be having a bad week. And Saturday he is planning on attending that huge indoor rally in Tulsa. What else could go wrong for the man? Bolton, Gorsuch, Roberts, all turned on him. Oh well, he still seems to have Pence!

And Mattis, Kelly, McMaster, Priebus, Powell, etc.

19 hours ago, ryoder said:

Facebook takes down Trump ads 'for violating our policy against organized hate'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/tech/facebook-trump-ads-triangle-takedown/index.html

So unfair to Donny. :-(

Apparently it ran 88 times. Heil Hitler.

Really.

There's an idea being floated out there that they intentionally ran an ad this revolting in order to get it banned.
It would then get free publicity.

Cheaper than paying for it to run.

23 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Apparently it ran 88 times. Heil Hitler.

Really.

There's an idea being floated out there that they intentionally ran an ad this revolting in order to get it banned.
It would then get free publicity.

Cheaper than paying for it to run.

Nah its a trump whistle. FOX just came out with a new poll showing trump down even more to Biden. So trump is scouring the bottom of the dungeons for every last little fascist. Every vote counts.

21 hours ago, ryoder said:

Facebook takes down Trump ads 'for violating our policy against organized hate'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/tech/facebook-trump-ads-triangle-takedown/index.html

So unfair to Donny. :-(

Nah its just Zuckerberg wanting to look like he is policing content because his lawyers told him the Dem's are a comin in the new year. That a breakup, fines or laws forcing content control could be the outcome.

trump will be spending like a drunk sailor in the next four months so the actions will be minimal.

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Nah its just Zuckerberg wanting to look like he is policing content because his lawyers told him the Dem's are a comin in the new year. That a breakup, fines or laws forcing content control could be the outcome.

trump will be spending like a drunk sailor in the next four months so the actions will be minimal.

I think theres an element here that theylve done the calculus that Trump is both highly likely to lose and wants to fight against them anyway, so they might as well go after him more aggressively. It makes them look good to the public and might make the next administration more inclined to be a bit friendlier.

That said, there is some movement towards policing content outside of the US political bubble too. Twitter has just perma-banned Katie Hopkins (if you don't know who she is please don't bother finding out - just picture an even more virulently anti-muslim British Ann Coulter) and she's been peddling the same lowest common denominator hate speech on there for years.

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Jakee,

As you can probably imagine, I Googled her.  What a whacko; Trump's kind of girl.

Here's the twist - her public career got it's start when she was a massively disliked contestant on the UK version of The Apprentice:rofl:

Latest from Heather Cox Richardson: https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxrichardson/posts/2319771981500188

The last paragraph is great!

Far from energizing Trump’s 2020 campaign, the rally made Trump look like a washed-up performer who has lost his audience and become a punchline for the new kids in town. According to White House reporter Andrew Feinberg, a Trump campaign staffer told him that Biden “should have to report our costs to the [Federal Election Commission] as a contribution to his campaign.”

LOL!

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

I hadn't seen this yet "it was not clear if Trump had the authority to fire him (although it was clear Barr did not). But that point became moot quickly, when Trump told reporters: “That’s his department, not my department…. I’m not involved.” The president’s disavowal of Barr’s declaration means Barr, the Attorney General, has lied in writing twice in the past two days. "

I think Barr has just found out that there is no-one Trump won't throw under the bus, no matter how loyal. But while Sessions managed to get out with a record of at least some integrity in office, Barr is going to go down as the poster child for disreputable conduct at the Justice department and his only reward from Trump will be a giant fuck you when it catches up to him.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

I think Barr has just found out that there is no-one Trump won't throw under the bus, no matter how loyal. 

Hi jakee,

I've been saying this about Trump since he first came up on this website.

IMO there is no 'I think' about it; it is a fact.

Jerry Baumchen