3 3
kallend

TRUMP MUST GO

18 hours ago, BIGUN said:

What you did after being gone for three months was scroll through the threads - see that Turtle was on the ground getting the shit kicked out of him and decided to jumps on the dog-pile. Glad he's not black and you're not a cop. Bullies will be bullies whether in-person or on the Internet. 

That's a lot of weird analogies you're using.  There's nothing violent about turtle getting dragged (ideologically), yet somehow you contort it into him being physically beaten?  I mean, every part of what you wrote is just so barbaric and melodramatic, I can't even take it seriously.  Do better.  

5 hours ago, yobnoc said:

That's a lot of weird analogies you're using.  There's nothing violent about turtle getting dragged (ideologically), yet somehow you contort it into him being physically beaten?  I mean, every part of what you wrote is just so barbaric and melodramatic,

Violence begins with words. There's nothing weird about it. It's an attitude of bullyism. No different than the cops.Wade into a room with your tactical uniform on and swagger to the first one in the room who's picking on someone.  P..S. Thank you for an excellent example of the responsibility/fault fallacy.  Instead of an apology to Turtle - it's my fault. Do better. 

12 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Violence begins with words. There's nothing weird about it. It's an attitude of bullyism. No different than the cops.Wade into a room with your tactical uniform on and swagger to the first one in the room who's picking on someone.  P..S. Thank you for an excellent example of the responsibility/fault fallacy.  Instead of an apology to Turtle - it's my fault. Do better. 

Get real. Turtle has just as long a history of dishing it out as he does taking shit - and the reason he takes shit in the first place is exactly as was pointed out. He constantly posts inflammatory and inaccurate nonsense and then comes back to defend it again and again and again, way past the point of absurdity. And here's the thing about discussion forums - if you keep pursuing a stupid argument, other people will keep knocking it back. It's not bullying to keep telling someone they're wrong when they keep on insisting they're right. 

You on the other hand, reading one post from yobnoc and calling him a bully who would beat up black people if he had the chance? How crass and classless is that? When are you apologising?

8 minutes ago, jakee said:

When are you apologising?

I'm sorry that conboy showed up after three months to verbally and publicly chastise Turtle cause it was the thing to do that day. Let me ask you a question. You think people would talk to Turtle the same way if he were black? It's all in the attitude, my man. Cops weren't fucking bullies until they put on the military uniforms. Cause little boys wanna be cops and cops wanna be soldiers. 

6 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I'm sorry that conboy showed up after three months to verbally and publicly chastise Turtle cause it was the thing to do that day. Let me ask you a question. You think people would talk to Turtle the same way if he were black? It's all in the attitude, my man. Cops weren't fucking bullies until they put on the military uniforms. Cause little boys wanna be cops and cops wanna be soldiers. 

I for one have never met the so-called turtle. Have you? Why do you assume that he is not black? Is it some preconceived notion of how black people act that make you believe that he must be white? You may be black as well for all I know. 

15 minutes ago, jakee said:

Get real.

Most of the problem is like I stated in another thread:  If you went to a conservative forum, how would you be received?

I challenge you to take your views and put them up against a conservative leaning forum, and let us know how that goes.  I would like you to use the same candor, and speech patters you use toward conservatives here.

Part of the issue here is the idea that conservatism is simply "wrong" here, and everything is tainted in that direction from the start.

Another part is that for all the intelligence quotient that is supposed to be roaming around here, I still see where it is incredibly hard for people to understand a few basic things.

1) I am biased - I have admitted it, and still do (despite the fact of the hypocrisy that none of the rest can admit their own.)

2) I am conservative, yet I am still more centrist than just about all of the common posters here. (There is something in there about Bill being more right leaning than me - but I think we can all see through that)

(edited)
7 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I for one have never met the so-called turtle. Have you? Why do you assume that he is not black? Is it some preconceived notion of how black people act that make you believe that he must be white? You may be black as well for all I know. 

There was this 20 way once, at a skyfest, in SD Dallas  - . . . Nightmares still come out of the gloom on that one.:$

No Shit - There we were - We thought Turtle was gonna die . . . :p

Edited by turtlespeed

(edited)
35 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Seriously? This is an internet forum and we're ruled by some dude in southern California who gets to decide what words mean. Because the ignore feature is essentially useless, if you want to be here you need to suffer all comers and all gomers. The only glass we can break is our computer screens; the only stuff we can loot we already own. The only thing you can do to avoid moving at Turtle speed or peering into the Ron dimension is get off line which is exactly what he did. Now I suppose he could have returned riding a horse and waving a flag but then how would you know it?

Edited by JoeWeber

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Where's the comparison to a live interview?  Apples to what, Grapes . . . . . . .  Oranges?

I doubt you can find any written works by Trump long enough to run through the software. Tweets are about his literary limit.

41 minutes ago, kallend said:

I doubt you can find any written works by Trump long enough to run through the software. Tweets are about his literary limit.

Well, there is "Art of the Deal", but I wanted to score Trump, not Tony Schwartz.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

I for one have never met the so-called turtle. Have you? Why do you assume that he is not black?

I did double-check the picture in my office of his SCR in 2003 and . . . Well, a considerable number of us in here have met. Even broke bread. 

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Now I suppose he could have returned riding a horse and waving a flag but then how would you know it?

Cause that's exactly what he did. He showed up with his horse and saw which way the fight was and picked up that camp's flag and charged into battle. I'm thinking about grilling up some fajitas for dinner. You're welcome to stop by. Cold beer too.   

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

I'm sorry that conboy showed up after three months to verbally and publicly chastise Turtle cause it was the thing to do that day. 

Passive aggressive bullying isn't an apology.

Let me ask you a question. You think people would talk to Turtle the same way if he were black? 

Probably. How would they know? 

It's all in the attitude, my man. Cops weren't fucking bullies until they put on the military uniforms. 

Take off the rose tinted glasses. You think cops never bullied black people in the Jim Crow days because they didn't have military uniforms back then?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Most of the problem is like I stated in another thread:  If you went to a conservative forum, how would you be received?

I challenge you to take your views and put them up against a conservative leaning forum, and let us know how that goes.  I would like you to use the same candor, and speech patters you use toward conservatives here.

Part of the issue here is the idea that conservatism is simply "wrong" here, and everything is tainted in that direction from the start.

How is any of that an excuse for your evasiveness, dishonesty and near-constant refusal to retract statements shown to be completely false?

1) I am biased - I have admitted it, and still do (despite the fact of the hypocrisy that none of the rest can admit their own.)

And again, so what? There's no benefit in simply admitting that you're biased if you never re-evaluate anything with it in mind. If anything, you use it as a shield against having to take a second look at any of your statements. Time and again you make major unsubstantiated assumptions about dem politicians and when it's pointed out that you'd defend a republican to the hilt against any similar statement if it couldn't be 100% proven to be true and you just say 'so what? I know I'm biased.'

How does that help anything?

2) I am conservative, yet I am still more centrist than just about all of the common posters here. 

I don't see any basis for that. There are several reguars here who stated they were long time republicans until fairly recently and who only left because the party drifted to the right and to the fringe, not because they came further left. They really are centreist enough to be able to look beyond any former party loyalty.

You now view them as solid leftists because they criticise Trump, whereas everyone else sees you as still being far more partisan than you claim because you can't stop defending him.

(edited)
21 minutes ago, jakee said:

Passive aggressive bullying isn't an apology.

Man, you have really got to go back and finish that Psych degree. I call out someone for bullying another and there's an expectation from me to apologize and then to be called a passive-aggressive bully. Got it.   

Oh and just for the record - those "Jim Crowe Days"  were "all enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Democratic-dominated state legislatures to disenfranchise and remove political and economic gains made by blacks during the Reconstruction period." 

Edited by BIGUN

19 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Cause that's exactly what he did. He showed up with his horse and saw which way the fight was and picked up that camp's flag and charged into battle. I'm thinking about grilling up some fajitas for dinner. You're welcome to stop by. Cold beer too.   

I would take the offer in a heartbeat, thank you, but I'm readying to haul anchor and ass for Aruba. I'm seeing a few too many not caused by AGW and warming oceans named storms spinning up. Time to head south.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Man, you have really got to go back and finish that Psych degree. I call out someone for bullying another and there's an expectation from me to apologize and then to be called a passive-aggressive bully. Got it.   

Yeah, because by your standard you are bullying him. And by anyone's standard an 'apology' consisting of "I'm sorry you did a bad thing" is passive-aggressive bullshit. It's practically the dictionary definition. 

Oh and just for the record - those "Jim Crowe Days"  were "all enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Democratic-dominated state legislatures to disenfranchise and remove political and economic gains made by blacks during the Reconstruction period." 

And most of those politicians then defected to the Republicans when it became clear the rest of the Dems weren't going to support them anymore. But so what? Where's the relevance to anything we've just been talking about? 

46 minutes ago, jakee said:

And again, so what?

>>>Really?  Its called hypocrisy.  It makes them hypocrires.

There's no benefit in simply admitting that you're biased if you never re-evaluate anything with it in mind.

>>>That's the thing - I do reevaluate - you lot do NOT.  You already have it figured out and aren't open to any difference of opinion.

If anything, you use it as a shield against having to take a second look at any of your statements. Time and again you make major unsubstantiated assumptions about dem politicians and when it's pointed out that you'd defend a republican to the hilt against any similar statement if it couldn't be 100% proven to be true and you just say 'so what? I know I'm biased.'

>>>I simply respond in kind to the rest of you.

How does that help anything?

>>>Hopefully it will open your mind a bit.

I don't see any basis for that.

>>> That doesn't surprise me one bit.

There are several reguars here who stated they were long time republicans until fairly recently and who only left because the party drifted to the right and to the fringe, not because they came further left. They really are centreist enough to be able to look beyond any former party loyalty.

>>> I responded to that too.  People change their affiliations all the time.  That doesn't mean they are right.

You now view them as solid leftists because they criticise Trump, whereas everyone else sees you as still being far more partisan than you claim because you can't stop defending him.

>>>I view their opinions they put forth as what they are, opinions.  It is the compilation of those opinions that drives my view of their politics. BTW, it is possible to pose questions that are supposed to help you consider a different view.  Not always is that defending anything - no mater how much your bias or their bias wants to see it that way.

Let us know when you complete the challenge.

I'd like to see some of those excerpts in their entirety.

38 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

That's the thing - I do reevaluate 

Not on any individual issue I've seen you take a stand on here. I've only seen you do exactly what I've just said - use your declaration of bias as a shield against having to rethink a biased position.

I simply respond in kind to the rest of you.

And then you moan that people aren't being fair to you because they judge you on those responses. Well guess what - that's your fault. If you said balanced stuff, you'd be seen as balanced. If you continue to spew partisan judgements you're going to be seen as partisan - even if you claim you're only doing it to bite back at people. 

I responded to that too.  People change their affiliations all the time.  That doesn't mean they are right.

It means that they have the intellectual honesty to be able to seperate person from party. Come on man, it's crazy the lengths you'll go to in order to maintain this view of yoursef as the only guy with any balance.

You see people on the left you say they're too biased to see the other side of the issue and they should be more like you. Then someone on the right starts criticising a right wing person or position and you claim they're still just as biased, they've simply switched sides. You can't conceive that anyone else is capable of doing what you claim you are doing.

It's fucking odd, to be honest.