turtlespeed

Social distancing has been all but forgotten.

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

The act of NOT social distancing was killing people!!!

And it still is. And there is likely to be increases in infection because of these protests.

What is your point? That people should not be upset by your police killing unarmed black people? Not be upset about pepper spraying people for fun? Not be upset about officers throwing white power signs?

Your country's law enforcement system is rotten to the core and your response is "but what about social distancing"? You are so incredibly representative of what is wrong with the US.

15 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

ETA - Maybe we should have a new death clock - One that details out how many deaths are attributed to the protests and riots causing a second wave of outbreaks!

It would be fun to see all the right wingers who are refusing to wear "coward masks", protesting the stay-at-home orders and insisting on hanging out in bars and massage parlors suddenly start attacking people who are doing just that.  You are just the person to lead them.

17 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Is it really a "second" wave, when the first wave hasn't really dissipated?

NIMM.

That's the $64,000 question.  In a normal infection you'd see a peak and then a decline very similar to the rise (but mirrored.)  But we have seen a peak and then a leveling out as the virus starts spreading again.  Where will it go from here?  It will depend on what people do.  If they maintain social isolation protocols then there's a good chance it will slowly decline because Ro will be below 1.  If not, they will start rising again.

(edited)
12 hours ago, billvon said:

You are just the person to lead them.

I don't know what it is with the lefties here on this site - but not only a very few can actually get the assumptions about me correct.

Actually - I can bring that number to a solid 2 of you.

Edited by turtlespeed

47 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't know what it is with the lefties here on this site - but not only a very few can actually get the assumptions about me correct.

Actually - I can bring that number to a solid 2 of you.

Which begs the question.....is it really all the lefties....or is it what you put out there?

10 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Which begs the question.....is it really all the lefties....or is it what you put out there?

Given that we're dealing with someone so desperate to say good things about Trump that he even demands that people praise him for actions that are the exact opposite of what he actually did... seems pretty obvious.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

Given that we're dealing with someone so desperate to say good things about Trump that he even demands that people praise him for actions that are the exact opposite of what he actually did... seems pretty obvious.

Exactly. When the majority on the site start  consistently labeling you, it might be time for a little introspection.

There's a lot negative that can be said about GWB's performance as president. However, he did seem to care (sometimes in a clueless way) about other people, and opportunity to be spread across the board. There was a pretty good program about him recently on American Experience (I think). It excoriated him on Katrina and Iraq, but showed that he also tried to walk his walk, too.

Wendy P.

On 6/2/2020 at 5:12 AM, billvon said:

Where will it go from here?

Which is a way that's clear
Still looking for that blue jean, baby queen
Prettiest girl I ever seen
See her shake on the movie screen, Jimmy Dean
(Jimmy Dean)

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

There's a lot negative that can be said about GWB's performance as president. However, he did seem to care (sometimes in a clueless way) about other people, and opportunity to be spread across the board. There was a pretty good program about him recently on American Experience (I think). It excoriated him on Katrina and Iraq, but showed that he also tried to walk his walk, too.

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

I think his biggest mistake was listening to Cheney too much.

I thought that program on him was very fair. 

He seems to be a very nice guy.

Jerry Baumchen