turtlespeed

Social distancing has been all but forgotten.

All those posters here . . . with the righteous outcry for social distancing . . .

Where are they now when discussing the riots and looting?

Priorities I guess.

The act of NOT social distancing was killing people!!!

Now - meh - not so much in light of protesting.  Killing people indirectly by riots and gatherings seems to be acceptable now.

Someone should let the leadership of the country know that the all the bluster about quarantining and distance was hogwash. 

ETA - Maybe we should have a new death clock - One that details out how many deaths are attributed to the protests and riots causing a second wave of outbreaks!

Edited by turtlespeed

11 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

All those posters here . . . with the righteous outcry for social distancing . . .

Where are they now when discussing the riots and looting?

Priorities I guess.

The act of NOT social distancing was killing people!!!

Now - meh - not so much in light of protesting.  Killing people indirectly by riots and gatherings seems to be acceptable now.

Someone should let the leadership of the country know that the all the bluster about quarantining and distance was hogwash.

You went silent for a while too, after spending all that effort twisting logic to conclude that "Trump could have done a few things better" regarding the pandemic when there's now 100,000+ dead, and discarding all the comparisons to other countries who did manage to control the pandemic more effectively.

Trump's effectively given up on covid-19, it has defeated him. You want to bring that up? You're digging yourself into a hole.

Actually, there was an interview with someone who took part in a protest locally; she said she's decided to quarantine herself now. Maybe there are priorities -- kind of like the people who protest against masks and social distancing -- they value freedom, or at least the perception of freedom, over some medical considerations. Or, if I were a liberal shill, I'd say they value their money over other people's grandparents.

Wendy P.

38 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Actually, there was an interview with someone who took part in a protest locally; she said she's decided to quarantine herself now. Maybe there are priorities -- kind of like the people who protest against masks and social distancing -- they value freedom, or at least the perception of freedom, over some medical considerations. Or, if I were a liberal shill, I'd say they value their money over other people's grandparents.

Wendy P.

If you were to guess - how common is the sentiment that one woman carries?

How much do you think that the protesters are social distancing?

How much do they even care?

What is being done to enforce the distancing as it was just a week or so ago? 

(edited)
1 hour ago, olofscience said:

You went silent for a while too, 

Trump's effectively given up on covid-19, it has defeated him. You want to bring that up? You're digging yourself into a hole.

I was busy working.

Digging a hole how?

It is blatantly obvious that the distancing fear has been usurped by the protests and riots.

Where is the Righteous outrage now?  Where are the pundits that scream that Trumps policies of not distancing are killing a hundred THOUSAND people?  Where is the outcry that the protesters, looters, and rioters are now going to be the cause of the next wave of deaths to the elderly across the nation and beyond?

Where?

I guess BLM more than OPM.

Edited by turtlespeed

4 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I was busy working.

Digging a hole how?

It is blatantly obvious that the distancing fear has been usurped by the protests and riots.

Where is the Righteous outrage now?  Where are the pundits that scream that Trumps policies of not distancing are killing a hundred THOUSAND people?  Where is the outcry that the protesters, looters, and rioters are now going to be the cause of the next wave of deaths to the elderly across the nation and beyond?

Where?

trump is right. Its exactly what Turtle and the GOP need.

North Carolina governor: Trump insisted on full convention with no face masks or social distancing

57 minutes ago, olofscience said:

You didn't have any outrage against Trump's failure to save

so why are you suddenly looking for it?

I don't have any outrage against his failure to save, because I don't believe it would have made that much difference, given ALL the factors involved in our society.  A great example of that is how all the protestors are following all the distancing rules now.

Why am I LOOKING FOR it?  It's almost impossible to avoid.  I don't have to LOOK FOR it.  The irony and the hypocrisy is slapping everyone in the face.

13 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Why am I LOOKING FOR it?  It's almost impossible to avoid.  I don't have to LOOK FOR it. 

I believe your words, exactly, were:

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Where is the Righteous outrage now?

To answer this question, I think it has been distracted and preoccupied by killings of healthy, non-infected, non-white people.

16 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't have any outrage against his failure to save, because I don't believe it would have made that much difference, given ALL the factors involved in our society.

Yes, we've heard his excuses, and yours too.

image.png.cdbb0ba1691329f5eecb9a3201e6a64d.png

You mean like this type of leadership John?

“The Prime Minister personally urged the French and US leaders to block publication of the captured German telegrams after the war,” the Telegraph reported, “fearing they would ‘give pain to the Duke.’ While he dismissed the documents as “ ‘German intrigues,’ he feared they might cast doubt on the Duke’s loyalty.”

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

The same place where it was back then - nonexistent.  No pundits have screamed.  (I mean, Alex Jones has, but that's his thing, and he's hardly taken seriously.)

Where is the CONCERN?  Same place it always was.  This, like the "end the shutdown" protests, will increase infection rates.

You're making yourself look like a fool.

20 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Usually you work up to Hitler gradually, with some comments about sheeple, maybe a Stalin reference, before you blow your wad like this.  A serious faux pas when it comes to trolling.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't have any outrage against his failure to save, because I don't believe it would have made that much difference, given ALL the factors involved in our society.  A great example of that is how all the protestors are following all the distancing rules now.

In March, in the "sacrifice to Mammon" thread, you said we'd do better (I think than Italy and Spain) when we got to 500,000 cases, because we'd be better prepared.  Link here

You can't have it both ways, and you can't only point fingers at anti-police demonstrators. Liberals are no more a single monolithic bloc than conservatives are. 

Wendy P.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billvon said:

The same place where it was back then - nonexistent.  No pundits have screamed.  (I mean, Alex Jones has, but that's his thing, and he's hardly taken seriously.)

Where is the CONCERN?  Same place it always was.  This, like the "end the shutdown" protests, will increase infection rates.

You're making yourself look like a fool.

Turtle is just following his lords and masters at Fox News. I happened to go to Fox News today to see their coverage of what’s happening and this is exactly their coverage. Blaming the democrat run cities for not sticking to social distancing during the riots

(edited)
58 minutes ago, airdvr said:

image.png.cdbb0ba1691329f5eecb9a3201e6a64d.png

“The Prime Minister personally urged the French and US leaders to block publication of the captured German telegrams after the war,” the Telegraph reported, “fearing they would ‘give pain to the Duke.’ While he dismissed the documents as “ ‘German intrigues,’ he feared they might cast doubt on the Duke’s loyalty.”

The Duke abdicated his leadership in 1937.  Ergo, he was NOT a leader in a time of crisis.  If Trump had a shred of decency he would resign too, effective immediately.

Your attempt at  distraction that didn't even rise to the level of "lame".

Edited by kallend

36 minutes ago, billvon said:

Usually you work up to Hitler gradually, with some comments about sheeple, maybe a Stalin reference, before you blow your wad like this.  A serious faux pas when it comes to trolling.

Please show me where I quote Hitler as usual.

48 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

In March, in the "sacrifice to Mammon" thread, you said we'd do better (I think than Italy and Spain) when we got to 500,000 cases, because we'd be better prepared.  Link here

You can't have it both ways, and you can't only point fingers at anti-police demonstrators. Liberals are no more a single monolithic bloc than conservatives are. 

Wendy P.

Italy has a death rate from covid of about .00058/ person, while the US has a death rate of .00033/person.

So, I was right, if you can consider just under half the deaths per person better. 

I haven’t checked Spain. 

Why can total blame be assigned to one single person, while you cannot single out a group of people that will have more actual culpability by their direct AND indirect actions? 

49 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

Turtle is just following his lords and masters at Fox News. I happened to go to Fox News today to see their coverage of what’s happening and this is exactly their coverage. Blaming the democrat run cities for not sticking to social distancing during the riots

I guess they see the same hypocrisy I do. 
i rarely, if ever watch Fox News. 
I watch Fox. . . Masked singer was on Fox. 

but you assumptions and allegations are incorrect again - thanks though. 

Total blame does not go to one person. However, when one is the President, and it's a national issue, one does get examined at least. It's in the job description. With great power comes great responsibility and all that.

And yes, there are liberals who are at least as hard on him as some conservatives were on Obama. Funny how that works. 

Wendy P.