1 1
normiss

National protests against Minneapolis police murderers?

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

No, no.  It's where the "very fine people" murder protesters by driving into them.  Gotta keep up.

Have you seen what happens if you stop?

I assume you are talking about the ANTIFA chap that was trying to hijack a Fed Ex truck?

1 hour ago, kallend said:

I have a pile of decorative rocks in my front yard.  I was planning to use them to make a rock garden but now I expect I'll be accused of preparing to riot by someone like The Turtle.

Last week my neighbors down the street had a pile of bricks just like that by the curb.  I thought they were doing some landscaping. Damn, was I naive!:$

6 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Last week my neighbors down the street had a pile of bricks just like that by the curb.  I thought they were doing some landscaping. Damn, was I naive!:$

So you think its reasonable to have a half a pallet of loose bricks show up on street corners?

In the midst of riots?

Thank god you aren't in charge of public safety.

(edited)
4 hours ago, billvon said:

No, no.  It's where the "very fine people" murder protesters by driving into them.  Gotta keep up.

Like the 2 NYPD SUVs. Mowing protestors down with their vehicles.

Like the Philly PD opening the door of a cop car to smack a protestor to knock them down.

Like the cops doing drive by tear gas spraying on random peaceful protestors.

Like the LAPD cops clearing neighborhoods at curfew time shooting innocent people on their front porch with paint projectiles.

Like the cops intentionally aggressively pushing protestors very hard to know them down.

Like the as yet unknown camouflaged white men in MPLS breaking windows and starting fires.

Meanwhile, IMPOTUS Bone Spurs draft dodger is hiding in the White House bunker because he's scared. While tweeting racist comments of encouragement.

This won't end, much less reduce, until the other 3 murderers are in jail for murder charges.

That point is where the YEARS old discussion starts again. Hopefully.

I won't blame them if that's not enough though. They have every right to demand equal respect and treatment.

I prefer Presidents that confront problems in America head on and not hide in bunkers behind Secret Service and National Guard.

Edited by normiss

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Are you willing to go the way of Mr. Denny?

Clearly the answer is killing both of them.  That way the next people who see a truck at a stoplight will just set it on fire and run.  In self defense of course.  Then truck drivers can shoot at protesters. 

And then all the right wing gun nuts will celebrate the Boogaloo, and bring their weapons to the stoplight to shoot any blacks who approach trucks.

THAT's the best way to proceed.

23 minutes ago, kallend said:

1. Strawman

2. South Chicago is a city in Indiana.  Your ignorance is showing.

Explain to me how your comment regarding your living in an upscale neighborhood in Illinois had anything to do with Urban Dallas, then, please.

6 hours ago, billvon said:

Clearly the answer is killing both of them.  That way the next people who see a truck at a stoplight will just set it on fire and run.  In self defense of course.  Then truck drivers can shoot at protesters. 

And then all the right wing gun nuts will celebrate the Boogaloo, and bring their weapons to the stoplight to shoot any blacks who approach trucks.

THAT's the best way to proceed.

If you don't know someone was attached to your truck, as you are trying to flee from an attempted hijacking - how is that in any way the driver's fault?

I'd love to hear your spin on this one!

The driver wasn't aware that someone had put themselves in a deadly situation while trying to STEAL HIS TRUCK.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Explain to me how your comment regarding your living in an upscale neighborhood in Illinois had anything to do with Urban Dallas, then, please.

Your fantasies get weirder and weirder by the week.

Last year trump tweeted that four female Black congresswomen go back “totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,”. Today his response is on the steps of the WH.

Lindsey Graham said in 2012, “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term." how's business now? In the convention of that same year the GOP said they need an "autopsy" to ascertain why the GOP attracts so few members of color. Evangelicals shut that down.

The GOP has used gerrymandering, refused mail in balloting, set up roadblocks for voting again and again. All to keep the GOP dream of a White Republic alive.

17 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

"Virtually everyone outside the Trump administration agrees that the GOP tax plans passed by the House and the Senate will aggravate income inequality. In fact, the party-line votes on both plans are the latest instance of a remarkable fact: Over the last 40 years, income inequality has accelerated when Republicans held the White House, the Congress or both, and slowed when Democrats were in charge."

Read, learn and understand.:D

Being that you know all of that what have the dems been doing for the last 55 years?

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Being that you know all of that what have the dems been doing for the last 55 years?

I would normally lean GOP. I like the Bush's, Reagan and Obama.

Trump has changed everything. Less than one percent of what he does is in the interests of a better America.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I would normally lean GOP. I like the Bush's, Reagan and Obama.

Trump has changed everything. Less than one percent of what he does is in the interests of a better America.

. . . as you see it.  Just because you see it that way, doesn't make it true.

Did you see the bill he just vetoed that would have made it much harder for students to go after and receive student loan forgiveness?

I'm sure that you and yours will somehow spin that as a bad thing - but you always will.

THAT veto was in the best interest of the country.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/us/politics/devos-trump-student-loan-rules.html

45 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Did you see the bill he just vetoed that would have made it much harder for students to go after and receive student loan forgiveness?

I'm sure that you and yours will somehow spin that as a bad thing - but you always will.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/us/politics/devos-trump-student-loan-rules.html

Well of course you and trump wouldn't like a bi-partisan, veteran supported bill like this.

"President Trump vetoed a bipartisan resolution on Friday to overturn new regulations that significantly tighten access to federal student loan forgiveness, siding with Education Secretary Betsy DeVos over veterans’ organizations that say her rules will harm veterans bilked by unscrupulous for-profit colleges."

There is: Trump University: It’s Worse Than You Think    Judge finalizes $25 million Trump University settlement for students of 'sham university'

trump's four Chapter 11 business bankruptcies Which resulted in just under $7 billion in losses over the four failures.

Scamming students, investors and banks is reserved for billionaires. Not for students looking for a better life. Makes perfect sense in a trump/GOP/Turtle world.

(edited)
1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Surprising no-one, you have it entirely backwards. 

The bill Trump vetoed would have blocked measures to make it harder for students to access loan forgiveness. Trump's veto allows those measures to be instituted. Trump's veto makes it harder for students to obtain loan forgiveness. 

You have, in fact, just provided an example of Trump acting against the interests of the country in order to protect the crooks who run scam universities like his.

(This is all made very clear in the article you linked, and I honestly can't see any way other than your knee-jerk Trump Defence Syndrome for you to have misunderstood it.)

Edited by jakee

11 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

SMH - One university by a guy you don’t like - and F the rest - right? 

Yes, that is what Trump is saying. Fuck the rest of 'em, while protecting corrupt institutions like his.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Did you see the bill he just vetoed that would have made it much EASIER for students to go after and receive student loan forgiveness?

THAT veto was in the best interest of the TRUMP.

Fixed it for you, you know, for that whole pesky factual accuracy thing that you struggle with.