1 1
normiss

National protests against Minneapolis police murderers?

(edited)

Store owner calls police after being robbed. Three thugs-with-badges respond to scene, punch him, breaking his jaw, knocking out his teeth, and pile on top of him. And then charged him with "obstructing governmental operations". Do you need to ask what color the thugs, and the store-owner are?

https://whnt.com/news/decatur/decatur-police-release-body-camera-footage-after-video-of-punch-surfaces-online/

Edited by ryoder

4 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Store owner calls police after being robbed. Three thugs-with-badges respond to scene, punch him, breaking his jaw, knocking out his teeth, and pile on top of him. And then charged him with "obstructing governmental operations". Do you need to ask what color the thugs, and the store-owner are?

https://whnt.com/news/decatur/decatur-police-release-body-camera-footage-after-video-of-punch-surfaces-online/

Hi Robert,

I JUST saw that on my local news.

That store owner will soon be coming into a lot of money.

IMO the vast majority of LEO's are good people doing a tough, difficult job.  But, these three give all of them a bad name.

Jerry Baumchen

Just now, JerryBaumchen said:

IMO the vast majority of LEO's are good people doing a tough, difficult job.  But, these three give all of them a bad name.

Jerry Baumchen

Agree but the continuous barrage of news and videos like this are undermining all of the hard work that they do. It seems as if a day doesn't go by without a similar new disclosure.

On 6/9/2020 at 8:46 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

I JUST saw that on my local news.

That store owner will soon be coming into a lot of money.

Jerry Baumchen

While I largely agree that most cops are good people, the reality is that ALL OF THEM participate in cover ups of these sorts of actions. 
That 'Blue Wall of Silence' is very real. The idea of 'snitching' on their brother officer is absolutely impossible for most (if not all) cops to swallow.
It can be a very dangerous proposition.
Read "Serpico" sometime. 

On 6/9/2020 at 8:49 PM, Phil1111 said:

Agree but the continuous barrage of news and videos like this are undermining all of the hard work that they do. It seems as if a day doesn't go by without a similar new disclosure.

This has happened for ever.

However, the rise in video surveillance and the fact that everyone has video recording capability in their pocket has made the ability of police to successfully lie their way out of these sorts of things pretty much go away.
The report of the George Floyd death failed to mention the knee on the neck part.
The report in Albany said the old man fell.
ANd on and on and on...

9 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

While I largely agree that most cops are good people, the reality is that ALL OF THEM participate in cover ups of these sorts of actions. 
That 'Blue Wall of Silence' is very real. The idea of 'snitching' on their brother officer is absolutely impossible for most (if not all) cops to swallow.
It can be a very dangerous proposition.
Read "Serpico" sometime. 

There were plenty of discussion on that here a few years ago. There were some people saying that cops should be so close to their partners that testifying against them would be testifying against their family. Personally, I think that's not just immediately damaging in that it leads to many crimes and misconduct by officers going unpunished, it's damaging to the entire police force and every fellow officer in how much public distrust it leads to, and it is also (Serpico being entirely relevant) the first rung on the ladder of police corruption. Not only does it normalise the behaviour of breaking the regs but it introduces a potential lever that other corrupt cops can use to recruit them into more serious crime.

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Hi Keith,

Thank You for doing the work to post that.

I could not agree more that 'There needs to be a change.'

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

I can’t like This post because of the content. It’s too awful. But thanks for putting it out there. It’s serious. 
Wendy P. 

• Like 2

SF mayor releases police reform plan to deal with racism, use of force, homelessness, mental health

Breed’s proposal would remove sworn officers from such calls for noncriminal activities, replacing them with trained and unarmed professionals who she said would be better equipped to handle situations like neighbor disputes, school discipline interventions or behavioral health crises. The reforms would additionally fortify accountability policies, ban the use of military-grade weapons and divert funding to communities of color.

Sourcehttps://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/SF-mayor-releases-police-reform-plan-to-deal-with-15333156.php

Finland has 45.3 guns per 100, Switzerland has 45.7 guns per 100, the U.S. has 88.8 guns for every 100.

Finland has 1.8 police homicides per 10,000,000 people,Switzerland has 0(six in 15 years), the US has 46.6 police homicides per 10,000,000 people.

Canada has a very poor record of 9.7 police homicides per 10,000,000 people

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Finland has 45.3 guns per 100, Switzerland has 45.7 guns per 100, the U.S. has 88.8 guns for every 100.

Finland has 1.8 police homicides per 10,000,000 people,Switzerland has 0(six in 15 years), the US has 46.6 police homicides per 10,000,000 people.

Canada has a very poor record of 9.7 police homicides per 10,000,000 people

Hey, we are better than Venezuela and El Salvador:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country