1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

Now that there’s funny i don’t care who you are. In 47 years there have been fewer documented lies from Biden than in 4 from Trump. 
Using the reason on longevity only for one side is kind of stupid. Plenty of Republicans have been in office a long time, too. Do they get a pass?
Wendy P. 

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Now that there’s funny i don’t care who you are. In 47 years there have been fewer documented lies from Biden than in 4 from Trump. 
Using the reason on longevity only for one side is kind of stupid. Plenty of Republicans have been in office a long time, too. Do they get a pass?
Wendy P. 

WP - there are plenty of documented whopper lies. He's rarely been in the limelight and folks really didn't care what he said for most of his career. Now that he's decided to try to be important, it does matter. One can't say, "I graduated in the top of my law class", when they finished 76th out of 85. I could go on with dozens more but no need. And yes, Trump has lied plenty. 

Biden has never held a real job and never held a leadership position that required performance. How can anyone expect him to suddenly change? The position gives power but not leadership. No question his mental acuity is lacking, that's scary.

Politics has been so nasty for so long that no one of real substance wants the job. Just image if a true leader, one that could bring this country together emerged and ran. The life long politicians on both sides would ruin the person.

And, no, the Republicans don't get a pass and neither do the long term Democrats. Every politician should have to answer for their record. 

Both candidates have serious flaws. Harris is scary. Her record as AG is quite different than what she's saying now. That's makes her unbelievable. She's proven her morals by the hatchet job she tried on Kavanaugh. Can't think of any huge issues with Pence. What we do know is that Trump does what he says. He is the first politician that has followed through on what was stated during the election process. That one thing is quite interesting. What's been accomplished with foreign affairs is amazing in light that there has been little cooperation. One may not like what he says but at least we know where he stands. At this point I can't believe anything Biden says because he has no record of honesty.

Ever wonder what could be accomplished if there was just a little cooperation between these parties. They are both disgusting. Scary times for sure.

24 minutes ago, billeisele said:

. What we do know is that Trump does what he says. He is the first politician that has followed through on what was stated during the election process.

So Mexico paid for the wall, which Trump has now finished?

How about our new "Trumpcare" plan that will take care of everybody.

He  released his tax returns too.  The promise is on video.

Hillary is locked up, right?

On July 17 Trump told Fox News’ Chris Wallace in an interview that he’d be “signing a health care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care plan.”  Tell us the details.

He said he won’t have time to play golf if elected president. But he has made more than 250 visits to his golf clubs since he took office—a record for any president—including more trips during the pandemic than meetings with Dr. Fauci. The total financial cost to America? More than $136 million.

How about "Infrastructure week"?  Nice promises.  Tell us what happened.

How about those jobs he said he'd create in the coal industry?  Tell us how many.

And eliminating the national debt.  "Only I can do it".  Tell us how that went.

More Trump promises for Billeisele to ponder:

He promised to end DACA. The Supreme Court ruled that his plan to deport 700,000 young immigrants was unconstitutional, and DACA still stands.

He promised “six weeks of paid maternity leave to any mother with a newborn child whose employer does not provide the benefit.” He hasn’t delivered.

He promised to bring an end to Kim Jong Un’s nuclear program. Kim is expanding North Korea’s nuclear program.

He said he would distance himself from his businesses while in office. He continues to make money from his properties and maintain his grip on his real estate empire.

He said he’d force companies to keep jobs in America, and that there would be consequences for companies that shipped jobs abroad. Since he took office, companies like GE, Carrier, Ford, and Harley Davidson have continued to outsource thousands of jobs while still receiving massive tax breaks. And offshoring by federal contractors has increased.

He promised to end the opioid crisis. Americans are now more likely to die from an opioid overdose than a car accident.

He promised to tear up the Iran nuclear deal and renegotiate a better deal. Negotiations have gone nowhere.

He promised to enact term limits for all members of Congress. He has not even tried to enact term limits.

He promised that China would pay for tariffs on imported goods. His trade war has cost U.S. consumers $34 billion a year, eliminated 300,000 American jobs, and cost American taxpayers $22 billion in subsidies for farmers hurt by the tariffs.

He promised to “push colleges to cut the skyrocketing cost of tuition.” Instead, he’s made it easier for for-profit colleges (like Trump U) to defraud students, and tuition is still rising.

He promised to protect American steel jobs. The steel industry continues to lose jobs.

He promised tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations would spur economic growth and pay for themselves. His tax cuts will add $2 trillion to the federal deficit.

After pulling out of the Paris climate accord, he said he’d negotiate a better deal on the environment. He hasn’t attempted to negotiate any deal.

He promised that the many women who accused him of sexual misconduct “will be sued after the election is over.” He hasn’t sued them, presumably because he doesn’t want the truth to come out.

He promised to bring back all troops from Afghanistan. He now says: “We’ll always have somebody there.”

North Korea has more than doubled its number of nuclear weapons while Kim played trump as as fool. They went from an estimated dozen to about 40.

Two years after Trump withdrew from the Iran nuclear deal, Tehran has cut in half the time it would need to produce enough weapons-grade fuel for a nuclear bomb.

For the Mullahs, Kim, Xi and Putin trump has been the best.

6 hours ago, billeisele said:

WP - there are plenty of documented whopper lies.

Far, far fewer whopper lies than Trump.  Windmill cancer?  The Constitution lets him "do whatever I want?"  COVID-19 will just "fade away?"

You didn't actually believe any of that, did you?

Biden has never held a real job and never held a leadership position that required performance.

So to you, running your own law firm does not qualify as a leadership position?  Spoken like someone who has never run a company in their life.

She's proven her morals by the hatchet job she tried on Kavanaugh.

She was one of the few people willing to take an unpopular position and stand up to a lying, politically-anointed nominee.  We need more of her.

What we do know is that Trump does what he says. He is the first politician that has followed through on what was stated during the election process.

So you believe Mexico paid for the wall, Obamacare has been replaced and Trump never played golf while he was president?    He ditched NATO and locked up Hillary Clinton?

Wow.  Do you watch FOX News by any chance?

What's been accomplished with foreign affairs is amazing in light that there has been little cooperation.

You mean, North Korea's doubling the number of nuclear weapons they have?  Trump's tacit acceptance of Russia putting bounties on the heads of US soldiers?  Trump's begging Xi to help him get re-elected?  Iran's restart of their nuclear program?  Those are all amazing things to be sure - but amazingly bad for the US.

17 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

Do you really believe that?

Jerry Baumchen

Good morning Jerry - I appreciate your reasonableness and don't mind a discussion. That's just not possible with others on this forum. Yes, I believe he has accomplished many things that he said he would do. If we listed what he has accomplished it would be impressive. He's accomplished things that other folks have neither tried or tried and failed.

As for the things he's said he would do and didn't, yes there is a list. There are plenty of negative folks on here that have clearly pointed that out. Those folks want to point out all the negatives but not acknowledge any shortcomings of others, or acknowledge the positives. I've done both. Until there is some level of fairness in the analysis it's just politics.

Has any president been attacked like he has? What's going on is crazy. There are things that the Democrats were pushing a few years ago, and he agreed with them. When he put them on the table the Democrats shot them down, that makes no sense. They just can't stand for him to have a "win."

What we know is that prior to the virus the economy was booming, unemployment was at a record low, jobs were coming back to the US, and many other world wide positives. My investments are up 4+% this year, not too bad considering what's going on. 

My post was my opinion yet there are folks that make it personal with attacks. At the end of my post I acknowledged that both sides have problems. Yet others can't seem to acknowledge any negatives for their side. 

Hope you have a great day, I'm headed to the DZ.

Edited by billeisele

30 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

A lot of the economic growth was already happening under Obama. This just carried on.

You'll need to point to something that was failing, then turned around by Trump. Maybe the coal industry?

Oh, wait. That's still failing.

Stopping the deaths and economic impact of coronavirus?

Still failing.

Edited by olofscience

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

Because FOX keeps talking B.S. about his accomplishments but they are so hard to find.

trump did appoint more conservative judges, mostly because McConnell had been blocking Obama's appointments.

trump did throw out almost every environmental constraint on coal and oil.

trump blocked every effort at gun reform.

He increased military spending.

AFAIK thats it.

Here’s a report card on whether the president met his 2016 campaign pledges.

All of which were broken, failures, lies, take your pick-undone.

He has killed 112,000 Americans and will likely have killed a quarter million personally by the time he's out of office Jan 20th.

“I will build a great, great wall on our southern border …” “… and I will have Mexico pay for that wall.”

“We will find them [all undocumented immigrants], we will get them out.”

“We will also be a country of law and order. … The crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon, and I mean very soon, come to an end. Beginning on Jan. 20 of 2017, safety will be restored.”

“The most basic duty of government is to defend the lives of its own citizens. Any government that fails to do so is a government unworthy to lead.”

“We’re going to work with all of our students who are drowning in debt to take the pressure off these young people.”

“We will repeal and replace disastrous Obamacare.”  “You’re going to have great health care at a much lower price. It will cost the United States nothing.”

“I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.”

“It is time to drain the swamp in Washington, D.C. This is why I’m proposing a package of ethics reforms to make our government honest once again.”

“We will honor the American people with the truth, and nothing else.”

“We will build the roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, airports and the railways of tomorrow.”

“We’re going to cut taxes for the middle class. … We will ensure that the benefits are focused on the middle class, the working men and women, not the highest-income earners.”

“We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt. … I could do it fairly quickly … over a period of eight years.”

“We will end our chronic trade deficits.”

“We are going to defeat the barbarians of ISIS.”

“We want to create peace between Israel and the Palestinians. We will get it done.”

“Nobody will be pushing us around.”

5 hours ago, billeisele said:

As for the things he's said he would do and didn't, yes there is a list. There are plenty of negative folks on here that have clearly pointed that out.

Because you came into this thread simply to criticize Biden I guess you must be a negative folk also.

One thing Trump has done more than anything is to validate people who have been feeling more and more marginalized. The fact that they are feeling marginalized from a formerly dominant position doesn’t change the feeling of being told they’re lesser, or that their ways and values don’t solely define what’s normal any more. 
That the dominance was over everyone else (including people like me), and that their “normal” addressed the needs of that formerly white-male-dominated environment was irrelevant to them. 
And knowing what’s what (including “your place”) is comforting to some people.  There are people who want to know what the restrictions are so they know what limits them, but others who want to know so they understand where they’re safe. 
The definition of what’s right and what’s normal is changing. Trump is telling people it doesn’t have to. 
Wendy P. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

One thing Trump has done more than anything is to validate people who have been feeling more and more marginalized. The fact that they are feeling marginalized from a formerly dominant position doesn’t change the feeling of being told they’re lesser, or that their ways and values don’t solely define what’s normal any more. 
That the dominance was over everyone else (including people like me), and that their “normal” addressed the needs of that formerly white-male-dominated environment was irrelevant to them. 
And knowing what’s what (including “your place”) is comforting to some people.  There are people who want to know what the restrictions are so they know what limits them, but others who want to know so they understand where they’re safe. 
The definition of what’s right and what’s normal is changing. Trump is telling people it doesn’t have to. 
Wendy P. 

I am typically a lurker here but I just wanted to say this is one of the most insightful things I have read in quite awhile. I don't know you but have immense respect for you and your viewpoints 

11 hours ago, billeisele said:

Good morning Jerry - I appreciate your reasonableness and don't mind a discussion. That's just not possible with others on this forum. Yes, I believe he has accomplished many things that he said he would do. If we listed what he has accomplished it would be impressive. He's accomplished things that other folks have neither tried or tried and failed.

As for the things he's said he would do and didn't, yes there is a list. There are plenty of negative folks on here that have clearly pointed that out. Those folks want to point out all the negatives but not acknowledge any shortcomings of others, or acknowledge the positives. I've done both. Until there is some level of fairness in the analysis it's just politics.

Has any president been attacked like he has? What's going on is crazy. There are things that the Democrats were pushing a few years ago, and he agreed with them. When he put them on the table the Democrats shot them down, that makes no sense. They just can't stand for him to have a "win."

What we know is that prior to the virus the economy was booming, unemployment was at a record low, jobs were coming back to the US, and many other world wide positives. My investments are up 4+% this year, not too bad considering what's going on. 

My post was my opinion yet there are folks that make it personal with attacks. At the end of my post I acknowledged that both sides have problems. Yet others can't seem to acknowledge any negatives for their side. 

Hope you have a great day, I'm headed to the DZ.

You say that 'both sides have problems'. Yet the 'problems' on Trump's side far, far, faaaaaar outweigh the problems on the other side.

For example, Pelosi is being dragged across the coals for getting her hair cut in violation of the quarantine rules in CA.
Yet Trump and his cohorts repeatedly violated the rules back in spring. 
And his campaign rally in Tulsa was in violation of the mask rule, and probably cost Herman Cain his life. 

You say Trump accomplished a lot. What? Please be specific.

You say there 'are things that the Democrats were pushing a few years ago, and he agreed with them. When he put them on the table the Democrats shot them down.' What? 

I'm not trying to be argumentative just to argue. I'm genuinely curious what you think he's accomplished.

One of the reasons he's been attacked like no other president in history is because of HIS history.
He's been credibly accused of sexual assault. And admitted it on tape.
He has been barred from running his own Foundation because of fraud and misuse of funds. Where are all the people who were criticizing the Clintons for how they ran theirs?
He paid out millions in damages over the Trump U fraud. He's been credibly accused of bribing a couple of state's attorneys general to make criminal charges over that 'go away'. 

There are credible accusations of mob ties. Both on the US East Coast (New York City and Atlantic City) and Russian mobsters. He openly admitted that there was a lot of Russian money invested in his properties. 
The Russian ties are very scary. He openly invited Putin to hack into emails and interfere in the 16 election. He's refused to sanction or even criticize Putin, despite the accusations of Russia paying bounties for US troop deaths and the current poisoning of Putin's biggest opposition figure. EVERY other NATO country has accused Putin of this crime, and called for an independent investigation. Trump has said there's not enough evidence. The poison Germany found is the same nerve agent that was used to poison a former Russian spy and his daughter in the UK a few years ago (Novichok). 
He's openly praised white supremacists. Wendy very perceptively pointed out that he encourages & validates the 'marginalized' people who were formerly dominant. It's the good old 'they're taking away all my rights' you hear from the old white guys. Unfortunately, the 'rights' they want back are those that put them back in power over minorities and women. They see Trump treat minorities, women and poor people like garbage and want to do it themselves. They haven't been able to do that for a very long time, at least not in a way that was socially acceptable. Trump has empowered them, encouraging them to go back to the 'good old days' (well, good for those folks, not so good for the people they were attacking). 
He has some of those people in positions of power (or 'had'). Bannon is one. Minuchin is another. The idea that people like that can hold positions of power at that level is appalling. 
He has little to no idea what the Constitution requires, or doesn't care. He's violated it innumerable times, from the day he took office (Emoluments Clause, anyone?)

This list could go on and on.

You mentioned 'a little cooperation between the parties'.

You are aware that in 2012, when he took control of the Senate, McConnell said that his primary goal was to oppose anything and everything Obama wanted, even if it was to the detriment of the country, right?
And that since 2018, when the Ds took control of the House, they have sent hundreds of bills to the Senate. Some are bi-partisan (not as many as Pelosi claims, but still some). And McConnell has just sat on them.

I don't like Biden. I don't like Pelosi either.
But to compare them against Trump and his family...

There's no comparison. 

I've never voted for a D for president. Not once, and I first voted for Reagan's 2nd term. 
But there's no way I'd not vote for him this time. The idea of 4 more years of Trump is a nightmare. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Funny how opening ANWR and tax cuts for the wealthy are listed as two different accomplishments. They were in the same piece of legislation, The tax cuts and jobs act. For some reason they didn't want to include opening ANWR in the name of the bill when they were trying to get it passed, but now it is proudly listed as an accomplishment, and a separate one at that.

I also like how unemployment is listed several times but just with a different demographic attached to it. It reminds me of how I would write when I was in grade school and had to produce a so-many-word essay.

How much time have you spent listening to liberal sources? I listened to most of this (including the part where he ascribed to "black people" what just a few said -- right after saying black people shouldn't judge white people by the words of a few). It's someone talking about someone else -- not about themselves. I find that most people are much more expert on themselves, and their own groups, than they are about others

Wendy P.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

This probably won't make sense to most folks here. However, IMO you need info from the other side.

It was basically 6 minutes of a guy saying "dear black people, white people are better than you, be thankful we made everything".

Besides the obvious mistakes in history (for example, plumbing was invented in ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt who were NOT white people), it was only info on how white supremacists think. White people invented trade? Hilarious.

That many black people have slave owner ancestors was because of rape rather than actual privilege. And seriously, that guy was so full of crap that it would take a much longer post to refute all his points, so I'll leave it at that for now.

On 9/3/2020 at 5:45 PM, turtlespeed said:

This I agree with.

I'm sure it looks similar to those on the other side of the lens.

Ironically you do not agree with this. You only agree with this if it suits your political view. You are like the NRA, supporting people carrying guns until black people start carrying guns.

The protesting and violence you are so upset with is exactly people fighting for liberty. The liberty to be treated the same way as white people. The liberty of equality. You are not supporting this protest, this fight for liberty. Because you don't agree with that form of liberty.

On 9/3/2020 at 4:12 PM, RonD1120 said:

No he is not. I totally agree, but you knew I would. I simply admire his tenacity to continue dealing with you people.

The agenda of the left includes instituting scientific socialism. The intellectual elite have determined that they know what is best for all Americans based their data obtained through mathematics, statistical algorithms, and agreed upon by the like-minded. 

This is a resurgence of the strategy implemented by McNamara and LBJ to manage the Vietnam War. It will produce a similar outcome now. Years of violence, cultural war, and the breakdown of the Republic for the benefit of those intellectual power mongers. They will have the wealth and the rest of us will live in fear.

The rioters are paid for by those that will profit from their lawlessness in the hoped for long run. That is the Luciferian concept. Man will rule above God.

We will not let that happen.

Liberty is worth fighting for. That is part of the American creed, always has been and always will be.

Trump thinks you are a loser and a sucker.