1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

(edited)
7 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Turtle, the dodging is strong in this one. Had it been an African American who’d gone armed to the Charlottesville event and gotten scared and been shot, what would your reaction have been?

Wendy P. 

The same.  Nothing changes with race.

What would your opinion of the shooter be if he was black, and being chased down by 3 white guys, some having hand guns, saying "Get him!"

I applaud the guy for trying to protect the businesses that were being looted and destroyed.

I do not agree with the minor in possession of a firearm.

Had the guy been a protester being chased by anti-protesters - I would feel the exact same.

I would not agree that the kid should have been there with that weapon.

I also would not agree that the so called victims were true victims.

Edited by turtlespeed

6 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

You have any evidence the first guy shot had a weapon?

Perfect highlight what is wrong with America. Unarmed black guy gets shot in the back.....7 times. Response: he had a knife in the car. He wasn't listening. He had a prior record bla bla bla

White underage kid takes his weapon illegally across state lines to make himself part of unrest, kills two people and wounds one. response: "so called victims", self defence, defending his life. What isn't part of the response: gee, why the fuck is he there to begin with. Why didn't he just follow the law. etc etc etc

Same people who for the life of them just can't figure out why people think there is institutional racism......

EXACTLY!

(Caps intentional).

47 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The same.  Nothing changes with race.

Bullshit. You say that. Maybe you think you even mean it. But just the commentary on display in this thread, never mind the full previous body of work, shows this to be bullshit. Grade A Bullshit.

48 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I applaud the guy for trying to protect the businesses that were being looted and destroyed.

You applaud an underage guy driving across state lines, illegally carrying a firearm to look for trouble. That is what you applaud? You think 17 year old kids should be driving around armed with rifles looking for people to shoot? You applaud them driving to other states to look for some vigilante justice...

But you think rioting is bad, looting is bad. Property crimes should be heavily enforced, maybe even send in the military.

You have any idea how incredibly fucked up you sound?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Was the guy shot in the arm committing a crime?

Did the other two who were shot commit a crime?

Who in their right minds chases down a guy with a rifle that is running away?

Why didn't they let the police do their job?

Was the first guy shot armed? Was he a threat? Cause all I have seen is him throwing what appears to be a plastic bag of some sort.

The second and third guy were doing what you fucking applaud. They were chasing a live shooter who had just killed somebody. They were the "good guy with a gun" you Americans are so fond of.

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Was the first guy shot armed? Was he a threat? Cause all I have seen is him throwing what appears to be a plastic bag of some sort.

The second and third guy were doing what you fucking applaud. They were chasing a live shooter who had just killed somebody. They were the "good guy with a gun" you Americans are so fond of.

You  might need to look more into the past than your news sources allow, while they think for you.

8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You applaud an underage guy driving across state lines, illegally carrying a firearm to look for trouble. That is what you applaud? You think 17 year old kids should be driving around armed with rifles looking for people to shoot? You applaud them driving to other states to look for some vigilante justice...

But you think rioting is bad, looting is bad. Property crimes should be heavily enforced, maybe even send in the military.

I applaud him standing up for what is right. Looting and destruction of property is not right.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Which he was doing illegally. I guess you were right, some people here aren’t nearly anti-criminal enough.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Vigilantes do appear to be the preserve of Trump supporters. There does appear to be some support for that amongst more than one of Trumps supporters on this forum. 
I find it quite interesting as from what I can see they are vocal about protesters and fight hard to defend the violence From “their” side of the fence. On the flip side I don’t recall any of the left wing/ liberals on this forum defending looters only peaceful protestors. It sure makes me wonder what the USA is going to face if Trump loses as it appears that he will be able to whip up a rebellion 

(edited)
58 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I applaud him standing up for what is right. Looting and destruction of property is not right.

So if a BLM person decided to step in and kill one of the police whose responsible for the killing of an innocent black person you would support their actions? Would they also get your applause?

Edited by nigel99

52 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

I can't be bothered to read it thoroughly right now, but I brought up this idea of implicit bias training awhile back:

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/265613-michael-cohen-testifies/?do=findComment&comment=4856859

"It's a nuanced problem but people continue to take a polarized view,"

"While research points to some patterns in implicit bias, we still have a lot to learn about the ways that biases influence people's decisions and behavior in the real world"

"Yes, implicit bias can affect us. The more important questions are, which persons are affected, and under what conditions?"

"We feel like we have to do something, but sometimes the action we take proves to be merely window dressing,"

"There are contractors that provide [implicit bias training], but there's zero evidence that what they do has an impact,"

"We don't know how to lastingly change implicit biases, particularly those as robust and prevalent as race and crime—and not for lack of trying."

"In two studies with more than 6,300 participants, all of the interventions reduced implicit prejudice in the short term. But none of those changes lasted more than a couple of days following the intervention—and in some cases, the effects vanished within a few hours"

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2016/12/cover-policing

That link also addressed a study between civilians and law enforcement.  It showed bias in civilian reaction time to a perceived threat and also in their decision to shoot.  The police also showed bias in reaction time, but it didn't factor into their decision to shoot or not.

Other studies showed that black cops also have bias against other blacks.

This might support another idea that I brought up awhile back, that cops in the inner city tend to be more apprehensive due to a greater perception of danger in such areas.

I'm just not sure if it's because those black cops grew up in the inner city and experienced the violence first hand, or if it's because they live in the suburbs with other white people.

Btw, l look forward to reading your article later.

The UK has a large minority population and a very large % of the population live in urban areas, many of which are poor.  13% of UK population is comprised of immigrants.

Yet the UK police take 10 years to kill as many citizens as US police kill in a typical month.

11 minutes ago, kallend said:

The UK has a large minority population and a very large % of the population live in urban areas, many of which are poor.  13% of UK population is comprised of immigrants.

Yet the UK police take 10 years to kill as many citizens as US police kill in a typical month.

I'm sure Biden has the answer given he's in large part responsible for that.

Maybe the cops can tackle the problem with batons.

You're just knee deep in blood shouting at the tide.

8 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

No, it's not. I'm thinking that's a partisan viewpoint.

In what sense? Pro-church? Republican? FSM?

I was speaking specifically of a micro-church, that had as its goal donating 50% of its gross intake directly back to charities and people in need. When we got below 40 members or so we just couldn't do it; 30% or so was the most, and that was mostly because we had a volunteer pastor. It closed a year or two after that. People wanted a bigger community, and the people who were in it didn't want to change enough to grow it unless the new members were just like the old ones. That never works, and it isn't in the US, either.

Wendy P.

3 minutes ago, kallend said:
9 hours ago, Coreece said:

I'm sure Biden has the answer given he's in large part responsible for that.

Biden is responsible for cops shooting people?  Please explain.

Indirectly responsible through the violent crime bill of the mid-late 90s that put an additional 100,000 cops on the street at a higher rate, which I would imagine was implemented rather hastily.  So we had a bunch of young poorly trained police officers that never changed their bad habits over the the last 20 years or so and then passed on those bad habits to those they trained/influenced.

5 hours ago, Coreece said:

Indirectly responsible through the violent crime bill of the mid-late 90s that put an additional 100,000 cops on the street at a higher rate, which I would imagine was implemented rather hastily. 

Highlighted the problem in your post.  Why do you think they were poorly trained, or that it was implemented hastily?  There is no evidence of that.

6 hours ago, Coreece said:

Indirectly responsible through the violent crime bill of the mid-late 90s that put an additional 100,000 cops on the street at a higher rate, which I would imagine was implemented rather hastily.  So we had a bunch of young poorly trained police officers that never changed their bad habits over the the last 20 years or so and then passed on those bad habits to those they trained/influenced.

What nonsense.

Qualified immunity is a judicial precedent established by the Supreme Court. Biden had nothing to do with it.

On 8/27/2020 at 10:08 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Nigel,

I do not 'get' it either.  However, as a Mech Engr, guns & their function/construction fascinate me.  I do not own a gun.  I do not see the need for one.

Jerry Baumchen

Jerry,

I’m the same as you. 

Have a look at a YouTube channel called Forgotten Weapons. Ignore the shooting videos and check out where they look at the mechanics of old and rare weapons, along with their history.