1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

So another unarmed black man is murdered by US police.

During the following peaceful protest, a white 17 year old right wing militia police supporters murders at least 1 person. While being pointed out by bystanders police just go right by him and let him go. They do nothing. Next day he is arrested without getting shot.

I wonder how the White Supremacist Convention speakers will spin this tonight.

9 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Was  the shooter out past curfew as well? Or does that only apply to some people?

Yes, to all. The shooter was actually illegally carrying a gun and out past curfew. He, and his group, were actually being praised while other protesters at the same time were being told to leave because they were trespassing.....

https://twitter.com/KristenClarkeJD/status/1298649969780563969?s=20

7 hours ago, Coreece said:

A lot of anti-law enforcement going on - It's like a boogaloo in here!

When US cops shoot more people in a month than UK cops shoot in 10 years, doesn't it lead you to think that maybe something is amiss? 

Accounting for population, US cops kill their citizens 70x more often than British cops do.

8 hours ago, Coreece said:

True. Letting the 17 year old murderer, illegally carrying a gun walking right by you is indeed not really enforcing the law. 

Giving the guy water and praising him while telling black people to get off the streets is indeed also not really enforcing laws. 

1 hour ago, kallend said:

When US cops shoot more people in a month than UK cops shoot in 10 years, doesn't it lead you to think that maybe something is amiss? 

Accounting for population, US cops kill their citizens 70x more often than British cops do.

Maybe the UK cops are lousy shots ;)

I think most of the world think America has a serious problem and don’t “get” the obsession with guns. 

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:
9 hours ago, Coreece said:

True. Letting the 17 year old murderer, illegally carrying a gun walking right by you is indeed not really enforcing the law. 

My post was more of a playfully facetious reference to Phil's article in another thread about how the boogaloo aren't really a cohesive movement sharing exactly the same ideologies, and that you could almost imagine too separate groups of boogaloo shooting at each other.   The common theme however is an anti-law enforcement sentiment.

35 minutes ago, kallend said:

Ya, I know something is wrong.

Awhile back I was looking at the numbers and it showed that the significant increase in police shooting deaths started around 2000 and continued to rise through 2015 - and there were a lot reason that I came up with that might have explained why.

But there is another reason. (and I can't believe that I'm just coming up with this now.)  I thought what else was going on at that time or in the years prior to that increase?  And I'm once again thinking of the violent crime bill that put at least 100,000 more cops on the street, and likely in a rather hasty manner.

And it's remarkable to think that now, given the current situation, that the democrat presidential nominee is the same one responsible for penning that legislation and his vice presidential nominee was responsible in part for executing it.  And both Biden and Harris have used the same old lame excuse of "unintended consequences."  Well I'm sorry, that's not good enough.  They need to take ownership and explain EXACTLY how they're going to deal with it and make amends.

And it needs to be undone responsibly, because while I can rail on the problems all day long, if we're honest, we also have to acknowledge that the legislation also saved lives.  Violent crime decreased significantly and I believe it really forced people to deal with their alcohol and drug issues, and addressed things like drunk driving whether directly or indirectly.

1 hour ago, nigel99 said:

I think most of the world think America has a serious problem and don’t “get” the obsession with guns. 

Hi Nigel,

I do not 'get' it either.  However, as a Mech Engr, guns & their function/construction fascinate me.  I do not own a gun.  I do not see the need for one.

Jerry Baumchen

It seems that not nearly enough are anti-crime or anti-criminal here either.

The boy should be arrested, and he was.

The so called victims were killed in self defense.

The jury will need to decide which precedent to take.  1) The crime of the kid being in illegal possession of that fire arm, or 2) defending his life against attackers with guns of their own.

15 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

The jury will need to decide which precedent to take.  1) The crime of the kid being in illegal possession of that fire arm, or 2) defending his life against attackers with guns of their own.

You have any evidence the first guy shot had a weapon?

Perfect highlight what is wrong with America. Unarmed black guy gets shot in the back.....7 times. Response: he had a knife in the car. He wasn't listening. He had a prior record bla bla bla

White underage kid takes his weapon illegally across state lines to make himself part of unrest, kills two people and wounds one. response: "so called victims", self defence, defending his life. What isn't part of the response: gee, why the fuck is he there to begin with. Why didn't he just follow the law. etc etc etc

Same people who for the life of them just can't figure out why people think there is institutional racism......

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

You have any evidence the first guy shot had a weapon?

Perfect highlight what is wrong with America. Unarmed black guy gets shot in the back.....7 times. Response: he had a knife in the car. He wasn't listening. He had a prior record bla bla bla

White underage kid takes his weapon illegally across state lines to make himself part of unrest, kills two people and wounds one. response: "so called victims", self defence, defending his life. What isn't part of the response: gee, why the fuck is he there to begin with. Why didn't he just follow the law. etc etc etc

Same people who for the life of them just can't figure out why people think there is institutional racism......

Wrong with America, well, it’s a big country. But that’s institutional racism to its core, and an excellent way of wording it. 
Wendy P. 

2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Wrong with America, well, it’s a big country. But that’s institutional racism to its core, and an excellent way of wording it. 
Wendy P. 

Sure it is a big country. And I know Americans don't like hearing there are things wrong with their country as a whole. Don't take my word for it, even the FBI raises it as a problem for the country. They have been raising it for years.

Here is some research released yesterday

19 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

When you illegally take a gun across state lines because you want to participate in a riot, and you run across parking lots looking for victims - there is no way you can claim that is self-defense.   Shooting someone during commission of a crime is NEVER self-defense.  If it were, no cop killer in the US would ever see the inside of a jail.

(edited)
49 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

It is however a fine example how the extreme right (for same called centrist) start to change the narrative.

"so called victims"

Was the guy shot in the arm committing a crime?

Did the other two who were shot commit a crime?

Who in their right minds chases down a guy with a rifle that is running away?

Why didn't they let the police do their job?

Edited by turtlespeed