1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

2 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Like I said, you have no true understanding.

You people live to be offended.

I am not living in fear. I believe in being prepared. I am an observer and I offer my opinions. Thus, my declaration as a watchman on the wall.

I borrowed the following from a friend of mine. It pretty much sums up my position.

1.  I’m white – I was born white and I don’t feel guilty.

2.  I love America – I believe in American exceptionalism. America pioneered representative government guided by a written constitution. 

3.  I’m a Christian – I love God and his son Jesus Christ. I am proud of my faith.

4.  My heroes include George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt – Washington and Lincoln were indispensable men.

5.  I support our Police, and I believe police officers are generally decent/honorable men and women who are doing a difficult, dangerous, often thankless job. 

6.  I support the Second Amendment, and I own weapons. 

7.  Reparations are racial plunder. The idea of racial guilt is an obscenity from the dark recesses of 19th century European history.

There are only two genders. Deal with it – Gender is determined at birth by your DNA.

9. I support President Trump and will vote for him in November, 2020.

10. You have a right to disagree with me, but you do not have a right to try to silence me.

The complete American stupidity on display in a 10 point bulletin. Bravo!

(edited)
4 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

There are only two genders. Deal with it – Gender is determined at birth by your DNA.

So should people who identify as other genders just be silent about it?

By the way, your friend is definitely a racist, just FYI.

Edited by jakee

5 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Well at least Christians believe in DNA now. Science says "you're welcome".

However it's not quite that simple. Males have XY chromosomes, females have XX, but people are indeed born with XXY, XYY and other combinations. In the natural world there are trisexual species, and lots of other animals have various combinations of male, female, and both (in the same organism).

And I'm not even a biologist. I just tried to download a neuron connectome for a tiny worm expecting just male and female and was presented with a bewildering array of gender choices.

18 minutes ago, jakee said:

What's interesting tho, is how you people can go on and on with your virtue signaling and politically correct bullshit, but when so some anti-religious bigot seriously starts talks about documenting Christians, locking them in a church, denying them medical treatment and leaving them for dead - not a fucking word from any of you hypocrites.

Yeah you just keep telling yourself that, you poor victimised majority.

Here, in case you missed it the first time:

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/266879-this-is-just-funny/?do=findComment&comment=4876166

A few quotes from that link:

"I mean you can't just expect me to let that shit go in a public forum even if I don't live in some shithole country and represent an oppressed minority - which apparently to you is compulsory of a valid grievance."

"After the fucking Bolos took over, there was still a fierce debate over how the "opiate of religion" should be handled.  Those on the right felt that that religion would  just die naturally with the influence of science, education and anti-religious propaganda, especially after the elimination of religion in schools and the public square.  Those on the left felt a more militant approach was necessary.  As they grew weary of waiting for religion to die, the full might of the leftist's militant approach was realized."

"When you see rhetoric that's reminiscent of humanity's notorious past, you call it out, just like I'm calling out the stereotypical broad-brushing hatred of religion by bigoted atheists of today - but apparently you guys see that type hatred as a means to an end, so you're OK with it."  (obviously)

And again:

"It's not like the soviets suddenly woke up one day and said "hey, let's kill tens of millions of Christians along with tens of millions of other people that are standing in our way of "progress."

But they obviously had a special kind of hard-on for eliminating religion, especially when they got tired of waiting for it to die off after the Russian civil war like they had hoped, which is why they amped-up production of strictly anti-religious newspapers and designated various groups like the Militant Godless and other atheist goons to promote atheism by any means necessary.

“Militant atheism is not merely incidental or marginal to Communist policy. It is not a side effect, but the central pivot” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn "

What part of that is so hard for you to understand?  I mean seriously dude, wtf  happened to you?

6 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

1.  I’m white – I was born white and I don’t feel guilty.

Me too.

I love America 

Me too.

I believe in American exceptionalism.

I think a lot of things the US does are exceptional.  We give more in developmental aid to other countries than anyone else in the world, for example.  We also screw up a lot - like most other countries.  

I’m a Christian 

Me too.  But my beliefs are my beliefs, and I don't feel the need to impose them on anyone else.

My heroes include George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt

All heroic people to be sure.  None perfect but all people who put the good of others above their own - and did a lot of good.

I support our Police, and I believe police officers are generally decent/honorable men and women who are doing a difficult, dangerous, often thankless job. 

I do too.

I support the Second Amendment, and I own weapons. 

I do too.

Reparations are racial plunder.

That's just silly.  Reparations are payments to correct past wrongs, no different than a jury awarding a plaintiff $100,000 because a company caused them harm decades ago.  Are they _needed_?  Usually not IMO.  But calling them "racial plunder" are like calling guns "killing machines" - an attempt to turn a rational argument into an emotional one.

The idea of racial guilt is an obscenity from the dark recesses of 19th century European history.

Fortunately, reparations (and jury awards) have nothing to do with "racial guilt."

Sorry, no.  Science disagrees with you there.  There are plenty of women out there with XY chromosomes who have AIS, which is a condition where a person's body does not respond to hormones in the same way as everyone else's.  They present as women, they have female genitalia and breasts, and they are living as women.  And if they never get genetic testing, you would never know that their DNA was male.

I support President Trump and will vote for him in November, 2020.

Few presidents have done as much damage to the US as Trump has done.  He's eroded our checks and balances and begged foreign countries to interfere in our elections.  His incompetence and negligence led to the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans - and is even today leading to deaths and a historic drop in US productivity.  Literally anyone would be a better president than he has been.

You have a right to disagree with me, but you do not have a right to try to silence me.

No one is trying to.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Coreece said:

So much hatred in your posts. Lots of use of the f-word. I'm a former Christian - I'm pretty sure those aren't the teachings.

However somehow Turtle will consider calm, detailed statements as spittle-laced hateful posts of the left rather than Coreece's. Somehow.

Edited by olofscience

22 minutes ago, olofscience said:
38 minutes ago, Coreece said:

So much hatred in your posts.

Yes, I hate bigotted atheists that are responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people that were in their way of "progress."  Obviously you don't feel the same. 

24 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Lots of use of the f-word.

See how he doesn't address any of the content, but focuses on the one fuck word in that post.

Typical troll, and admittedly so.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Yes, I hate bigotted atheists that are responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people that were in their way of "progress."  Obviously you don't feel the same. 

See how he doesn't address any of the content, but focuses on the one fuck word in that post.

Typical troll, and admittedly so.

For one thing, the people responsible are dead. Unless you think that an atheist like me is responsible for the deaths of millions of people?

Funny seeing you challenge me about the content - despite your narcissistic self-quoting, your posts are not as insightful as you think they are. Even the entire "persecuted Christians" topic is a deflection since you lost the homosexuality argument so badly.

Edited by olofscience

19 minutes ago, olofscience said:

For one thing, the people responsible are dead. Unless you think that an atheist like me is responsible for the deaths of millions of people?

No, people like you will be responsible for history repeating itself due to your inability to recognize your anti-religious bigotry and it's chilling resemblance to that of LMA and other atheist goons prior to any militant religious persecution. 

44 minutes ago, Coreece said:

You don't feel the same. If someone flippe dthat round and told you they hated bigotted Christians who are responsible for Inquisitions and Magdalene Laundries you'd accuse them of being Soviet revolutionaries all over again.

31 minutes ago, Coreece said:

No, people like you will be responsible for history repeating itself due to your inability to recognize your anti-religious bigotry and it's chilling resemblance to that of LMA and other atheist goons prior to any militant religious persecution. 

Okay, quote one - just one - quote where I demonstrate anti-religious bigotry and actively support persecution of religion.

My family and extended family are quite religious and I'm on pretty good terms with them. I'll wait.

5 hours ago, jakee said:
7 hours ago, Coreece said:

What part of that is so hard for you to understand? 

How none of that is remotely connected to anything you bitch about that is said by people here.

Absolutely it is.  And again, I'm talking about the non-violent anti-religious mindset prior to any militant soviet/atheist attack on religion and how the fostering of such a mindset lead to the atrocities 10, 30, 50 and 70 years down the line.

For starters, there have been a number of people here that referred to religion as a drug, or the opiate of the people, or however they wanted to phrase that particular aspect of marxist philosophy, while others shared sentiments of an overreaching wall of separation between church and state reminiscent of leninist policy, tho not necessarily as severe.  The latest one was how lawmakers sympathetic to legislation supported primarily by religious folks should be banned from congress, specifically those supporting anti-abortion legislation, eventho it's not really a religious issue - see secular pro-life for example.

Others here have expressed how religion is a mental illness, how religious folks are delusional and how they can't wait for religion to die, or for religious people to die off - and this is all inline with soviet anti-religious propaganda where they promoted atheism and science over the superstition of religion and presented it as "being linked to psychological disorders and even criminal behavior. Textbooks for schoolchildren tried to evoke contempt for believers; pilgrims were depicted as morons, repulsive-looking alcoholics, syphilitics, plain cheaters and money-grubbing clergy.  Believers were treated as harmful parasites that spread ignorance, filth and disease."

They needed to spread this propaganda in order to sell their anti-religious campaign to the people - and if that didn't work they'd just say, well it's not because they're religious, they're just enemies of the state.

And this is why wolfriverjoe's comments were so disturbing.  I mean here we are experiencing a number of crises and levels of instability that many of us never experienced before, and the first thing he thinks to do is to abandon foundational principles, document certain Christians, deny them medical treatment and leave them for dead as if they're "enemies of the state," or in this case a threat to public health.

Now was he really serious? I don't know, probably not, but he certainly sounded serious, or at least angry enough to support it.  I mean he seems like a pretty reasonable guy, but like I said, history is full of well- intentioned people finding themselves in precarious situations and doing terrible things, or suddenly finding themselves at the point of no return and wondering how the hell it got this way - this is not what we wanted. and that in itself is very similar to both Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia.

It's really no different than the left's concerns about white nationalist hate groups and this so called secret police and what not.  If there a was a total economic/civil collapse and white nationalist hate groups where the first nut-job fringe group to establish a reign of tyranny, conservatives would be partly responsible for that, even if they weren't complicit in it and fought absolutely to end it.

5 hours ago, olofscience said:
5 hours ago, Coreece said:

o, people like you will be responsible for history repeating itself due to your inability to recognize your anti-religious bigotry and it's chilling resemblance to that of LMA and other atheist goons prior to any militant religious persecution. 

Okay, quote one - just one - quote where I demonstrate anti-religious bigotry and actively support persecution of religion.

I don't really know you, nor vice versa.  I just lumped you in with the rest of the haters here.  You're admittedly just a troll so I don't really care.  Lets just call it your silence or inability to recognize blatant anti-religious bigotry about letting Christians die because they're just too stupid to live,  while getting all hot an bothered over some silly comment about homophilly and justifying gay sex with my clone as merely being a form of auto-eroticism.:p

33 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I don't really know you, nor vice versa.  I just lumped you in with the rest of the haters here.  You're admittedly just a troll so I don't really care.  Lets just call it your silence or inability to recognize blatant anti-religious bigotry about letting Christians die because they're just too stupid to live,  while getting all hot an bothered over some silly comment about homophilly and justifying gay sex with my clone as merely being a form of auto-eroticism.:p

Careful - you are on thin Ice.

You are not allowed to have a sense of humor here - Until they say it's OK, like when they do it.

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

Coreece,

Thank you again for more of your million word repetitive posts where, once again, you project your own doubts and confusions. At the end of the day all that you bring to the table are wish thinking and fear of being wrong. You have nothing that has a chance of proving what you believe is true. As your argument, you want we naysayers to accept as of equal value your gut feelings and the teachings of your parents. You want us to feel the exaltation you have felt in the company of like believers. Well, here's the good for us news: we do feel that in like minded company. But all of the discussions are of facts that are testable and the new stuff we learn feels so very real because it is. Until you open your mind to thinking about the world as it really is you will never know how wonderful that feels.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coreece said:

Absolutely it is. 

It still isn't. You're tripping.

It's really no different than the left's concerns about white nationalist hate groups and this so called secret police and what not. 

It's very different, since your concerns are not directed at any extremist hate groups or government overreach. You just need to be able to identify as a victim.

6 hours ago, Coreece said:

1. So you're attacking me for something I didn't say, "silence" on a particular topic because well, you have nothing else to attack with. Well, I find your silence on the persecution of the yazidis appalling. Blatant bigotry!
  2. That's some projection there. Too stupid to live? I know you think you are, but other Christians aren't.
  3. You were the one who got hot and bothered. I just made a few calm posts saying an "attack" wasn't really an attack and you eventually lost it.
  4. And Turtle will ignore your hate-filled posts and call it "humour". So much for the centrist. My tone was pretty calm and I was even trying to be helpful in case you had proctitis.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Thank you again for more of your million word repetitive posts

I don't do it for you joe, nor the people like you that I'm replying to - that would be a waste of time.

But it does speak to the level of anti-religious bigotry, double standards and seeds of hate that we see in this forum, which I would say are in the germinating stages if compared to what we saw with the soviets.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

At the end of the day all that you bring to the table are wish thinking and fear of being wrong. You have nothing that has a chance of proving what you believe is true. As your argument, you want we naysayers to accept as of equal value your gut feelings and the teachings of your parents.  You want us to feel the exaltation you have felt in the company of like believers.

I have no idea what you're talking about, and quite frankly neither do you.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

That's some projection there. Too stupid to live? I know you think you are, but other Christians aren't.

That was in reference to the following post, where I linked to yet another one of wolfriver's bigoted replies - and he wasn't talking about me:

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/267518-covid-19/?do=findComment&comment=4897794

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

You were the one who got hot and bothered. I just made a few calm posts saying an "attack" wasn't really an attack and you eventually lost it.

You mean when you spent 2 hours obsessing over, and making three separate replies to a single post about gay bowel syndrome?  Yep, I lost it alright and posted a big fat "laughing at you" emoji to show it.

(edited)
5 hours ago, jakee said:

You just need to be able to identify as a victim.

Maybe when I was a young overzealous christian in my 20s when I felt that various attacks against me and my willingness to persist may have somehow validated/strengthened my faith - but that's honestly not how I look at it anymore.  And tho there is some truth in that line of thought, I think Christians need to be careful of that type of mindset as well, lest it become some type of self-fulfilling prophesy.

I don't really feel that many of the bigoted attacks against religion and stereotyping that we see today really apply to, or are necessarily directed at my flavor of christianity, regardless of what others may perceive that to be.

To be fair, I certainly think that some attacks against religion are valid.  There was a period after my conversion to protestantism when all I really bitched about were the Catholics - go figure, right?  But nothing good ever came from that. 

And I think many people here are in a similar place given that they also came from a somewhat religious background - but they still hold onto that anger or hate for religion or whatever you want to call it until it takes on life of it's own - which is why it was so easy for wolfriver to immediately abandon basic principles in a time of crisis and suggest that certain types of Christians be denied medical treatment and left to die.  If similar things were said about any other protected class you people would be tearing your robes with righteous indignance.

Ultimately, there's really no way for me to know how that type of hatred will manifest in future generations, especially if it's left unchecked, but history gives us a strong indication and is still prevalent in many other parts of the world.

And your repetitive implication that it's somehow ok because we're the majority just demonstrates a deliberate lack of foresight and gross ignorance of history behind the subject.

5 hours ago, jakee said:

You're tripping.

Right, wolfriver flips out and suggests denying Christians medical treatment and leaving them for dead, people are destroying their own cities, smashing statues and bitching about Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's instant rice, and I'm the one that's trippin, lol.

And another thing, the main justification for all that (other than joe's comments) is "because racism."  So is it  really that much of a stretch to think that similar groups in the distant future that hold additional anti-religious sentiments would start smashing churches in an attempt to stomp them out as well, given it's history of racism/homophobia/misogyny, whether perceived or not?

Edited by Coreece

26 minutes ago, Coreece said:

You mean when you spent 2 hours obsessing over, and making three separate replies

You mean when I was busy, got confused by your answer to a question I didn't ask, then said "need more coffee"? You severely misinterpreted my tone if you think I was remotely angry. I never even used any swear words.

But:

On 7/31/2020 at 12:08 AM, Coreece said:

you people can go on and on with your virtue signaling and politically correct bullshit

And:

On 7/31/2020 at 12:08 AM, Coreece said:

not a fucking word from any of you hypocrites.

Yeah, I'm the one who lost it alright :rofl: