1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

3 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Gowlerk was the one that brought up misogyny, so I found it fitting.

You bought up the homophobia. 

And before you try and find an even more offensive way to prove you're cool with it, please don't If you're not going to own up, at least have the good grace to shut up.

3 minutes ago, ryoder said:

He's just gay-curious; Don't judge.

As Jerry also said. I hope none of us judge him for what he does consensually and in private, it's his business and his business alone.

However for stupid, hateful, misogynistic  things he posts in public forums, now THAT can be a good basis for judgement.:tongue:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi olof,

I have never had a gay person, male or female, judge my former wife & I for what we did 'consensually and in private.'

It was simply our business and our business only.

Jerry Baumchen

And none of each others business, too!

2 hours ago, billvon said:

No, it's not.  It's capitalism in action.  People want to see news about Floyd's death and everything that surrounds it.  Therefore news shows that feature such news do well; shows that ignore it do poorly, and either go off the air or (more likely) the program manager has words with the anchors and the news desk and they start covering it.

Would you prefer the government to control all news?

And you are standing up for - none of those other people.  But you are enraged when someone stands up for Floyd.  (Or Breonna Taylor, or Atatiana Jefferson, or Aura Rosser, or Stephon Clark.)  Funny, that.

Yes it is.  I agree with the capitalism angle.  I also agree that the people were primed to want to see SOMETHING. They wanted drama, and they wanted (still want) to vent their frustration about being cooped up and dealing with the anxiety of the Covid pandemic.

Had Floyd's death happened when the country was business as usual, we wouldn't be where we are in places like Portland.

The media is feeding it.

LOL Enraged . . .

What Bill thinks I do - Teen Anger: What's Normal, What's Not | Paradigm Malibu

Reality - Questioning the Experience of Isolation - Open Future Institute

(edited)
43 minutes ago, olofscience said:

I hope none of us judge him for what he does consensually and in private

There are plenty of unfavorable opinions and stigma surrounding various sexual practices, even autoeroticism - doesn't mean that you are hating or judging anyone - no need to be offended.

What's interesting tho, is how you people can go on and on with your virtue signaling and politically correct bullshit, but when so some anti-religious bigot seriously starts talks about documenting Christians, locking them in a church, denying them medical treatment and leaving them for dead - not a fucking word from any of you hypocrites.

Edited by Coreece

2 hours ago, billvon said:

No, it's not.  It's capitalism in action.  People want to see news about Floyd's death and everything that surrounds it.  Therefore news shows that feature such news do well; shows that ignore it do poorly, and either go off the air or (more likely) the program manager has words with the anchors and the news desk and they start covering it.

And you are standing up for - none of those other people.  But you are enraged when someone stands up for Floyd.  (Or Breonna Taylor, or Atatiana Jefferson, or Aura Rosser, or Stephon Clark.)  Funny, that.

Why is that funny?

Where is your outrage?

3 minutes ago, Coreece said:

no need to be offended.

If you read my first reply to your comment "no need to attack Phil111 like that" - I literally said "it can't be an attack because there's nothing wrong about being homosexual".

I was not offended at all, I was just making a statement.

Then you started digging your hole...

You cannot have a conversation without being condescending and belittling - you I fear that you might have a serious confidence problem.

That is a trait very common with those with very low self esteem.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

You have to state the argument that it is hypocrisy before you can say "so it is".

I did.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

Yes, it is the manner of and reason for Floyd's death that is important. Why do you have a problem with that?

Because it was horrid.  Why DON'T you have a problem with it?

2 hours ago, jakee said:

Then there could not be a better demonstration of your utter cluelessness on the motivations behind protests against entrenched institutional racism inside the organisations that we pay for and our elected governments have direct control over. 

The suggestion that millions of people all spontaneously decided that Floyd was a more important person than anyone else who was ever killed is utterly absurd. It's further down the rabbit hole than you've ever gone before and that is really saying something.

Spontaneously?  No.  They were told that.  It took a little while, but the populace got on board with the media.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

How does that make any sense to you? Say a storekeeper is killed during a robbery. Everyone knows robbery is bad. If you protest because of it, what exactly are you protsting about? If you held up a sign saying Storekeepers' Lives Matter do you think you be faced with counterprotests from the Robbers' Lives Matter faction? 

Of course not, it's a completely different scenario.

That has actually happened.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

Indeed, your obsession with defending Trump leads you to see hatred everywhere. And again if anyone said to you "I know what Trump thinks because he didn't say XYZ" then you would be claiming you saw plenty of hatred. Yet when it comes to your incessant attacks on the media you think you're the only person judging them rationally.

That is you projecting.

On a side note - ""Then there could not be a better demonstration of your utter cluelessness on the motivations behind protests against entrenched institutional racism inside the organisations that we pay for and our elected governments have direct control over. ""

When did you start paying taxes in the US?  When did you start voting in the US?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Coreece said:

There are plenty of unfavorable opinions and stigma surrounding various sexual practices, even autoeroticism - doesn't mean that you are hating or judging anyone - no need to be offended.

What's interesting tho, is how you people can go on and on with your virtue signaling and politically correct bullshit, but when so some anti-religious bigot seriously starts talks about documenting Christians, locking them in a church, denying them medical treatment and leaving them for dead - not a fucking word from any of you hypocrites.

Um, they lock themselves in Church, deny themselves medical treatment and leave themselves for dead all with the expectation that salvation is the reward. Any additional words from your fellow hypocrites would be unnecessarily redundant.

Had Floyd's death happened when the country was business as usual, we wouldn't be where we are in places like Portland

Ummm; does the name Michael Brown ring a bell? Trayvon Martin? There were nationwide riots over that, too. 
Wendy P. 

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Why is that funny?

Because you're not outraged by any of that - but you demand people be outraged by your list of deaths.  I find your nonsense funny, like watching a Karen yell how her rights are being trampled by not letting her park in a handicapped spot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billvon said:

I've never thought racism was funny.

Funny racists think we don't see it to the point they try to be smug about it though.

I appreciate their advertising it. Proudly even. Repeatedly. Doubling down on it.

3 hours ago, olofscience said:

As Jerry also said. I hope none of us judge him for what he does consensually and in private, it's his business and his business alone.

However for stupid, hateful, misogynistic  things he posts in public forums, now THAT can be a good basis for judgement.:tongue:

Seems the typical white winger attitude about gay people. More so when they themselves are in the closet about their own sexual preferences or experiences.

It must be a real challenge if they believe in their god. Confusing too I expect. Might make you appreciate when their god gives them gay offspring. That shit is funny.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Ummm; does the name Michael Brown ring a bell? Trayvon Martin? There were nationwide riots over that, too. 
Wendy P. 

Yes but now there seems to be changes arising from the protests. Racists are nervous about that because it shines the light on their ideals. Best to blame outside agitators...like the media. Instead of the silent majority that will soon vote.

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I did.

Since it was the first line of your post, that's impossible.

Because it was horrid.  Why DON'T you have a problem with it?

Right - so someone was horribly killed for no reason by a branch of the government... and you don't think the media should have talked about it. That's ridiculous.

Spontaneously?  No.  They were told that.  It took a little while, but the populace got on board with the media.

There were protests in Minneapolis the next day, LA the day after and numerous major cities the day after that. That didn't happen because the media had convinced evryone they should protest and it certainly didn't happen because the media told everyone that Floyd had been a uniquely important and valuable human being. Once again, that suggestion is utterly absurd, and strongly pushing for the title of stupidest thing you've ever said. 

Notice, by the way, that you haven't posted a single example of anyone in the media saying it.

When did you start paying taxes in the US?  When did you start voting in the US?

The protests are not just in the US.

10 hours ago, billvon said:

Because you're not outraged by any of that - but you demand people be outraged by your list of deaths.  I find your nonsense funny, like watching a Karen yell how her rights are being trampled by not letting her park in a handicapped spot.

You are projecting.

9 hours ago, normiss said:

Seems the typical white winger attitude about gay people. More so when they themselves are in the closet about their own sexual preferences or experiences.

It must be a real challenge if they believe in their god. Confusing too I expect. Might make you appreciate when their god gives them gay offspring. That shit is funny.

Why is that "shit funny"?

If they are good parents, I would hope it wouldn't be a source of humor for you.

15 hours ago, jakee said:
16 hours ago, Coreece said:

Gowlerk was the one that brought up misogyny, so I found it fitting.

You bought up the homophobia. 

And before you try and find an even more offensive way to prove you're cool with it, please don't.

Oh please, don't be such a prude.  If you people weren't so quick to judge others just because they're not in lock-step with your idealistic daydreaming, then maybe I wouldn't feel the need to explain it to you so graphically.

18 hours ago, Coreece said:

Except when you bring it up in entirely unrelated discussions involving groups of people who might use those practices. Then it's a very strong indicator.

Yeah you just keep telling yourself that, you poor victimised majority.

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

Oh please, don't be such a prude.  If you people weren't so quick to judge others just because they're not in lock-step with your idealistic daydreaming, then maybe I wouldn't feel the need to explain it to you so graphically.

A ) The one has nothing to do with the other.

B ) You're not explaining anything graphically, your just being graphic for no reason. It's not even tangentially connected to the discussion so what possible point is there for you to keep digging that hole?

On 7/30/2020 at 9:28 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

No Ron, we know exactly where you are 'coming from'.

So far, just about every major act of violence during the BLM protests has led to the arrest of a white person. 

While a few of them were 'liberals', most were just like this guy.

White supremacists trying to spark violence that would be blamed on the protesters. 

You fear armed black people. You fear Antifa.

Yet those aren't the ones committing the violent acts. 

Like I said, you have no true understanding.

You people live to be offended.

I am not living in fear. I believe in being prepared. I am an observer and I offer my opinions. Thus, my declaration as a watchman on the wall.

I borrowed the following from a friend of mine. It pretty much sums up my position.

1.  I’m white – I was born white and I don’t feel guilty.

2.  I love America – I believe in American exceptionalism. America pioneered representative government guided by a written constitution. 

3.  I’m a Christian – I love God and his son Jesus Christ. I am proud of my faith.

4.  My heroes include George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt – Washington and Lincoln were indispensable men.

5.  I support our Police, and I believe police officers are generally decent/honorable men and women who are doing a difficult, dangerous, often thankless job. 

6.  I support the Second Amendment, and I own weapons. 

7.  Reparations are racial plunder. The idea of racial guilt is an obscenity from the dark recesses of 19th century European history.

There are only two genders. Deal with it – Gender is determined at birth by your DNA.

9. I support President Trump and will vote for him in November, 2020.

10. You have a right to disagree with me, but you do not have a right to try to silence me.

• Like 1