1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

So, this killing has garnered the media attention that Floyd's killing did?

No, but so what? Almost none have. Do you really think that means that everyone out there marching right now thinks George Floyd had a more important and/or valuable life than the other 250M people in your country? Is that really how simplistic your worldview is?

The position is obvious, if only for lack of coverage. 

What is obvious to you is invariably incorrect. I'd also point out once again that if someone here slammed Trump for what they inferred was his opinion based on what he didn't say you'd go apeshit and start throwing around accusations of hatred and obsession.

10 hours ago, yoink said:

and yet you lot keep answering his posts... 

@Ron - did you see that the initial spree of smashing shops up in the first Minneapolis protests that has been identified as the catalyst for turning the peaceful protests violent has been traced to (you guessed it) a white nationalist from an aryan biker gang? Not a violent black criminal who just wanted an excuse for looting...

Before you and your 'militia' do anything stupid you're going to want to make damn sure you know the ACTUAL culprits, not the ones you WANT it to be... 

There are people out there who know exactly how you think and what your fears are and will manipulate you to promote their own agenda.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53579099

Are you talking to me?

If so, you have absolutely no idea of where I am coming from.

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Are you talking to me?

If so, you have absolutely no idea of where I am coming from.

No Ron, we know exactly where you are 'coming from'.

So far, just about every major act of violence during the BLM protests has led to the arrest of a white person. 

While a few of them were 'liberals', most were just like this guy.

White supremacists trying to spark violence that would be blamed on the protesters. 

You fear armed black people. You fear Antifa.

Yet those aren't the ones committing the violent acts. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, olofscience said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

That's going overboard man - there's no reason to attack Phil like that.

The 1990s called, it wants its outdated jokes back.

Nothing wrong with being homosexual, so as such it cannot be an 'attack'.

What about Gay Bowel Syndrome? 

Or is that also too outdated for your sensibilities - how about proctitis?

(edited)
2 hours ago, Coreece said:

What about Gay Bowel Syndrome? 

Or is that also too outdated for your sensibilities - how about proctitis?

Man, I'm slow today, not enough coffee.

I was making a statement "there's nothing wrong with homosexuality" and not asking a question "what's wrong with homosexuality?", which seems to be the question that you answered in rather graphic detail.

This is like saying "there's nothing wrong about being a runner", then you saying "what about runner's knee?". Which is silly because:

1. A question was not being asked.
  2. Can you assume every runner will get that condition?

Even then, whatever medical condition someone has doesn't reduce their humanity, and doesn't make their identity into a personal insult.

Really weird that you know so much detail about those medical conditions though.

Edited by olofscience

43 minutes ago, olofscience said:

If that's an expression of pain due to the above mentioned conditions then you should see a doctor.

Christians should understand, given that Jesus was probably gay.

Coreeece Seems to fancy himself to be a “man’s man”, As well as a somewhat recovering Christian.  Mostly he seems to be trying, but he doesn’t always hide his tendency toward misogyny and homophobia. 

None of us can be perfect.

13 hours ago, jakee said:

No, but so what? Almost none have. Do you really think that means that everyone out there marching right now thinks George Floyd had a more important and/or valuable life than the other 250M people in your country? Is that really how simplistic your worldview is?

What is obvious to you is invariably incorrect. I'd also point out once again that if someone here slammed Trump for what they inferred was his opinion based on what he didn't say you'd go apeshit and start throwing around accusations of hatred and obsession.

So, it is hypocrisy.  It's manipulation by the media.  Floyd's life isn't what matters in the media - What matters is Floyd's Death.  The media can sell a lot of ad time with all the coverage that they really hope continues.

To answer your other question - Yes.  Yes I do, with few exceptions. 

How do I know this?  Look at all the other murders and deaths every day, and notice who is standing up for them.  Being vocal to make their lives matter more.  Arguing with people like you for their recognition among all the media coverage about a very few.

It's not anyone here.  

The hatred and obsession for Trump are ever-present - There is no reason to throw it around, as you are already infected with it.

4 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So, it is hypocrisy.  It's manipulation by the media.  

No, it's not.  It's capitalism in action.  People want to see news about Floyd's death and everything that surrounds it.  Therefore news shows that feature such news do well; shows that ignore it do poorly, and either go off the air or (more likely) the program manager has words with the anchors and the news desk and they start covering it.

Would you prefer the government to control all news?

Look at all the other murders and deaths every day, and notice who is standing up for them.

And you are standing up for - none of those other people.  But you are enraged when someone stands up for Floyd.  (Or Breonna Taylor, or Atatiana Jefferson, or Aura Rosser, or Stephon Clark.)  Funny, that.

(edited)
31 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So, it is hypocrisy. 

You have to state the argument that it is hypocrisy before you can say "so it is".

Floyd's life isn't what matters in the media - What matters is Floyd's Death. 

Yes, it is the manner of and reason for Floyd's death that is important. Why do you have a problem with that?

The media can sell a lot of ad time with all the coverage that they really hope continues.

The media has to make money. It's simply juvenile to suggest that alone invalidates anything they have to say.

To answer your other question - Yes.  Yes I do, with few exceptions. 

Then there could not be a better demonstration of your utter cluelessness on the motivations behind protests against entrenched institutional racism inside the organisations that we pay for and our elected governments have direct control over. 

The suggestion that millions of people all spontaneously decided that Floyd was a more important person than anyone else who was ever killed is utterly absurd. It's further down the rabbit hole than you've ever gone before and that is really saying something.

Look at all the other murders and deaths every day, and notice who is standing up for them.  Being vocal to make their lives matter more. 

How does that make any sense to you? Say a storekeeper is killed during a robbery. Everyone knows robbery is bad. If you protest because of it, what exactly are you protsting about? If you held up a sign saying Storekeepers' Lives Matter do you think you be faced with counterprotests from the Robbers' Lives Matter faction? 

Of course not, it's a completely different scenario.

The hatred and obsession for Trump are ever-present -

Indeed, your obsession with defending Trump leads you to see hatred everywhere. And again if anyone said to you "I know what Trump thinks because he didn't say XYZ" then you would be claiming you saw plenty of hatred. Yet when it comes to your incessant attacks on the media you think you're the only person judging them rationally.

Edited by jakee

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

he doesn’t always hide his tendency toward misogyny and homophobia. 

I apologize in advance for the following:

It's not so much being homosexual in and of itself - I know a good looking guy when I see one.  And if I cloned myself I couldn't say that I wouldn't be tempted, tho I'd probably just file it under some weird type of autoeroticism.

So no, it's primarily the hole anal sex thing that makes me cringe, (or laugh given certain contexts) similar to how a heterosexual woman may go ass to mouth makes me cringe, but that wouldn't make me misogynistic would it?

3 minutes ago, Coreece said:

So no, it's primarily the hole anal sex thing that makes me cringe,

The whole hole thing? It is my belief that many people manage to have fun in ways you do not approve of and still stay safe. I'm not sure why you would think that some kinds of sex are clean and safe while others are dirty and dangerous. But you should know that harmful microbes can be found in any body cavity. God made us that way.

37 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I apologize in advance for the following:

You spend way more time than I do thinking about what they put where.

I just try to treat them like human beings and not judge them for whatever they do consensually and in private. And definitely not use them as insults. You should try it sometime.

11 minutes ago, olofscience said:

I just try to treat them like human beings and not judge them for whatever they do consensually and in private. 

Hi olof,

I have never had a gay person, male or female, judge my former wife & I for what we did 'consensually and in private.'

It was simply our business and our business only.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Coreece said:

So no, it's primarily the hole anal sex thing that makes me cringe, (or laugh given certain contexts) similar to how a heterosexual woman may go ass to mouth makes me cringe, but that wouldn't make me misogynistic would it?

No, but bringing it up in an entirely unrelated conversation about women in general would be a strong indicator.

1 minute ago, jakee said:
56 minutes ago, Coreece said:

No, but bringing it up in an entirely unrelated conversation about women in general would be a strong indicator.

Gowlerk was the one that brought up misogyny, so I found it fitting.