1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't know - you are the one claiming I'm a white apologist.

""the very behaviour that Turtlespeed just mocked with Bill Maher's video.""

???

The question was who is Kimmel apologising to, and the behaviour being mocked in the Bill Maher video was 'being more offended than the victim'. 

15 hours ago, airdvr said:

To whom is he apologizing?

OK - so I'm clear - 

Were you asking to whom Jimmy was apologizing, or asking to whom I was since I was being equated to a white apologist?

In the case of Jimmy - I am assuming it was to the general public to try to affect some sort of damage control on his career, hoping this awareness of his previous activities would fade away.

He is also being called out for his "Non Apology" if that helps clarify the question.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-06-24/jimmy-kimmel-blackface-apology-comedy

https://www.newser.com/story/292682/jimmy-kimmel-apologizes-for-blackface-without-using-that-word.html

16 hours ago, airdvr said:

You don't understand...all of these hollywood types were hoping and praying that everyone had forgotten about this stuff.  Only when it resurfaces do they apologize.

This thing with Jimmy Kimmel has never been below the surface and he's addressed it repeatedly.  I comes up every time he becomes outspoken towards a politician and they need a 'whatabout' rebuttal towards him.

31 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

OK - so I'm clear - 

Were you asking to whom Jimmy was apologizing, or asking to whom I was since I was being equated to a white apologist?

In the case of Jimmy - I am assuming it was to the general public to try to affect some sort of damage control on his career, hoping this awareness of his previous activities would fade away.

He is also being called out for his "Non Apology" if that helps clarify the question.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-06-24/jimmy-kimmel-blackface-apology-comedy

https://www.newser.com/story/292682/jimmy-kimmel-apologizes-for-blackface-without-using-that-word.html

I was asking who Kimmel was apologising to.

3 minutes ago, DJL said:

Do you think he IS getting a pass and what does that have to do with whether it's been dug up or on the surface all of this time?

He really doesn't have much to worry about.  He's a hollywood liberal.  BLM loves them because they have the correctness of thought and big checkbooks.

9 minutes ago, airdvr said:

He really doesn't have much to worry about.  He's a hollywood liberal.  BLM loves them because they have the correctness of thought and big checkbooks.

And this was a sketch from decades ago that he has clearly stated wasn't intended to cause harm to a categorical group of people and he understands that depictions in which ones skin is darkened are not appropriate because of the similarity to the practice of donning black-face.  Are you mad that BLM isn't reacting to the attempts by Fox News and DJT Jr to make this an issue?

(edited)
2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Called out by Mary McNamara, who is white. Called out by Evann Gastaldo, who is white. Again, given your recent posting of the Bill Maher video I'm surprised that you can't be bothered to find articles by black people or even referencing black people who are offended by the Kimmel skits - just ones by white people and conservatives assuming that black people should be offended.

Edited by jakee

5 minutes ago, airdvr said:

No

Good.  Then there's nothing to see here other than the 100th failed attempt to make an outspoken critic of Trump look bad for something he did before there was any real issue with the similarity between blackface and actors darkening their skin for a part.

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

I know you mean this as an accusation but I'm having trouble seeing why it's not a great explanation of how things should work.

You have a guy with 'correctness of thought' - i.e. he has a long history of not being a racist, and saying and doing the right things regarding various anti-racism campaigns - who quarter of a century ago impersonated a black person in a way that probably wasn't inended to racially stereotype but nevertheless is significantly more uncomfortable and less acceptable now than it was then. So - should you use common sense to say 'you know what, on balance it's most likely this guy isn't a racist', or should you crucify him regardless?

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

I know you mean this as an accusation but I'm having trouble seeing why it's not a great explanation of how things should work.

You have a guy with 'correctness of thought' - i.e. he has a long history of not being a racist, and saying and doing the right things regarding various anti-racism campaigns - who quarter of a century ago impersonated a black person in a way that probably wasn't inended to racially stereotype but nevertheless is significantly more uncomfortable and less acceptable now than it was then. So - should you use common sense to say 'you know what, on balance it's most likely this guy isn't a racist', or should you crucify him regardless?

For absolutely positively sure, Washington, Jefferson and Jackson were racists.  Provably more so than this guy.  If they get a pass on account of changing mores, so should he.

21 hours ago, DJL said:

Do you think he IS getting a pass and what does that have to do with whether it's been dug up or on the surface all of this time?

It's wrong no matter who you are, what timeframe, or what context. 

10 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

It's wrong no matter who you are, what timeframe, or what context. 

I think that's a bit puritanical.  If we put everything into the most absolute sense then yes, I agree with you, but I don't think the world can work if every perceived slight is met with castigation.

Just now, DJL said:

I think that's a bit puritanical.  If we put everything into the most absolute sense then yes, I agree with you, but I don't think the world can work if every perceived slight is met with castigation.

So, are you implying that perhaps, overlooking the incident would depend on societal norms, and common acceptance of behavior at the time?

(edited)
15 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

So, are you implying that perhaps, overlooking the incident would depend on societal norms, and common acceptance of behavior at the time?

With qualifiers, certainly.  At that time nobody was equating black-face with the act of darkening your skin for the purposes of being accurate to the complexion of a specific person.  As far as him using the N-word in a comedic gangster rap?  That's not even a blip on my radar.

Edited by DJL

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Some allowance can be made for that. Before that you've also got to look at whether it was intended to be insulting to black people, or a caricature based on racial stereotypes at all.

I notice you still haven't provided any references to back people being offended - just white journalists and Fox news. Bill Maher would not be happy with you right now.

1 minute ago, DJL said:

With qualifiers, certainly.  At that time nobody was equating black-face with the act of darkening your skin for the purposes of being accurate to the complexion of an specific person.  As far as him using the N-word in a comedic gangster rap?  That's not even a blip on my radar.

You and I aren't very far apart on that opinion.

Maybe this deserves its own thread. I think the author of this piece has posed a time of thoughtful consideration.

*THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION IS: GAINING POLITICAL POWER (VOTES) BY GUIDING/MOTIVATING MASSES OF IGNORANT RIOTING THUGS.

THE NEW MARTYR

In the most powerful country on the planet its people say goodbye to one of its best sons.

Even presidents are not buried like this. A golden coffin, hundreds of thousands of mourners and sobbing, thousands of kneeling apologize to the black population of some states.

The Mayor of Minneapolis clutching the coffin with the body of the worthiest of the worthy citizens of America.

His sobs are interrupted by cries of "SOO.......OOOORY” again continue on the rise.

Choking on saliva, the ex-wife of the murdered weeps, though the last time she saw him was 6 years ago.

That's when he left her with her three-month-old daughter. He hadn't sent alimony to his daughter over the years.

However, the unhappy widow has been crying for a week that she was left without a breadwinner.

Therefore, compassionate Americans collected oodles of money for her.

She’s received around $ 20,000,000 from the world and money continues to flow in.

The University of Massachusetts has established a George Floyd scholarship.

The great Floyd's rap sheet listed robberies, for drug trafficking, for armed robberies (last time, holding a pregnant woman by the throat and putting a gun barrel to her belly while demanding money).

Then he worked a deal with the investigators. Floyd handed over all his accomplices so they reduced his sentence by several years.

Floyd's autopsy revealed drugs in his blood. This is the national hero of America of the 21st century.

But there were followers. The Floyd love affair lives and grows.

Mass robberies and violence, as a sign of respect and grief for George, swept the US and now grow into a worldwide event.

The most beautiful areas of our cities, including New York and Los Angeles, plus many others have now been destroyed. Probably never to return to their former elegance.

89 policemen were killed.

A 17-year-old girl was terribly raped, hundreds of police offices were burned, and cars, streets, squares, parks were burned as well.

US presidential candidate Joe Biden also fell to his knees.

This didn’t bother hundreds of thousands of admirers of “St. Floyd”.  On their knees?!

I just got this from a friend in Florida.  The last question at the end is worthy of an answer ..

I just watched the Democratic leaders of Congress kneel in the halls of Congress for about 9 minutes for the death of a black man named George Floyd.

I have never seen them kneel for a fallen POLICE OFFICER.

I have never seen them kneel for a fallen SOLDIER.

I have never seen them kneel for the thousands of ABORTED babies.

I have never seen them kneel for a MURDERED white man or woman.

I have never seen them kneel for the THOUSANDS of black on black murder victims.

I have never seen them kneel for the TENS OF THOUSANDS of elderly people that died in our nursing homes due to the Corona virus.

*I have to ask WHY are our Democrat leaders acknowledging the life of George Floyd, as being MORE valuable than the lives of everyone else?????

In fact, Democrats have put so much value on the life of George Floyd, that they have allowed rioting, looting, arson, murder and mayhem in communities NATIONWIDE.

Stand down orders were given in all liberal cities by liberal mayors and governors.

I spoke to a state trooper, this morning. It’s true. Let them loot, burn and kill.....

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT TO CONTINUE FOR OUR NATION ?????

In fact, Democrats have put so much value on the life of George Floyd, that they have allowed rioting, looting, arson, murder and mayhem in communities NATIONWIDE.

Stand down orders were given in all liberal cities by liberal mayors and governors.

Pfft. Name one.

Show me one city where 'looting and arson' were not stopped.

Or where 'murder and mayhem' happened on anything other than a very small scale.

In fact, the guy who killed the police officers in California has been pretty clearly linked to the 'Boogaloo' movement. 
You know, those 'white supremacist' guys.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/06/16/accused-killer-of-california-cops-was-associated-with-right-wing-boogaloo-movement/?fbclid=IwAR2Mp_83_zzQn1YvtayCsHsq93m3llT2mnH7cJWLynwt5PtOMXQAsfo-Bi0#218b9d3959bd