1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

9 hours ago, jakee said:

And for you. This is real life, not a Rambo fairy tale. You wouldn't have done anything, and even if someone had tried they wouldn't have achieved anything.

Stop trying to deflect the blame away from the cops and onto the innocent bystanders. That's despicable.

Once again - you are projecting your own circumstance, not mine.

17 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Once again - you are projecting your own circumstance, not mine.

Once again, you are detached from reality if you think what you are saying is true. Either that you would step in or that anyone there but one of the cops could reasonably have saved Floyds life.

18 hours ago, jakee said:

Once again, you are detached from reality if you think what you are saying is true. Either that you would step in or that anyone there but one of the cops could reasonably have saved Floyds life.

You are stating your projections as fact.  They are not.

I know me - You do not.

18 hours ago, jakee said:

I have to agree with you on this one. The cops knew multiple people were filming and never modified their actions. For a person to individually take direct action takes a strong core of values. Few Germans opposed Hitler, few opposed Stalin, few republicans oppose trump.

Those values will force a individual to immediately object to objectionable statements or conduct of a group that any individual associates with. McCain objected to the statements of a elderly republican woman who wrongly criticized Obama at a town hall. That shows a strong core of integrity. After he died Senator Graham folded like wet toilet paper into the arms of trump. Typical of a spinless follower W/O values or integrity. It took some time for trump to establish a cabinet of yes men.

Turtle without exception has never stood up strongly against trumps wrongdoing and criminal actions. Enough said.

45 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

...Turtle without exception has never stood up strongly against trumps wrongdoing and criminal actions. Enough said.

6 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You are wrong.

. . . but that's expected at this point.

OK, please provide the quote from your previous postings where you have "stood up strongly against trumps wrongdoing and criminal actions."

Should you provide one post where you condemned trump, his statements, behaviors and actions. I will happily apologize.

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

OK, please provide the quote from your previous postings where you have "stood up strongly against trumps wrongdoing and criminal actions."

Should you provide one post where you condemned trump, his statements, behaviors and actions. I will happily apologize.

You are more than welcome to do your own homework. 

31 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I have to agree with you on this one. The cops knew multiple people were filming and never modified their actions.

Additionally, nobody knew this would result in that person's death and probably didn't even know the position they held him in could lead to his death.  They only knew there was no reason to keep this person pinned to the ground as he was in obvious agony while not resisting arrest.

28 minutes ago, DJL said:

Additionally, nobody knew this would result in that person's death and probably didn't even know the position they held him in could lead to his death.  They only knew there was no reason to keep this person pinned to the ground as he was in obvious agony while not resisting arrest.

There are certain things that are instinctual.

5 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

All yesterday while the media was focused on GF's funeral, and broadcasting all the accolades, I wondered if the lady who was the victim of his home invasion and whom he pointed the gun at her pregant belly felt he deserved the attention.

Well of course when someone makes a mistake in life, goes to jail, finds Jebus, learns their lesson, pays their debt, and changes their way of life, they then deserve to be murdered by a racist cop.

Makes sense to you of course. He must not be the type of christian you approve of.

Wonder who considers drug abusers in the same light?

(edited)
3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

You are stating your projections as fact.  They are not.

I know me - You do not.

You are stating your theoretical actions, decided in the comfort of your own home with the benefit of perfect hindsight, as fact. They are not. You are stating the result of those actions from you or anyone else there (Floyd alive) as fact. They are not. You may know you, but you don't know reality.

(And BTW, I know you said you didn't go to a protest march because someone told you that you might get hurt. Doesn't quite fit with the 'man of action' claim.)

And again, you've been asked several times but still haven't been able to state how exactly you would intervene and why that would have resulted in the cops letting Floyd live. So far all you've presented is wishful thinking, and you're using that as an excuse to deflect blame away from the guilty parties and on to completely innocent bystanders, which is not very nice at all.

Edited by jakee

56 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

There are certain things that are instinctual.

So again, what were you going to achieve by intervening? You think it was somehow instinctual to you but not to the cops, and when you tell them they'll see reason? Again, what could you add that they didn't already know?

50 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

All yesterday while the media was focused on GF's funeral, and broadcasting all the accolades, I wondered if the lady who was the victim of his home invasion and whom he pointed the gun at her pregant belly felt he deserved the attention.

If anything you would think a christian would understand an imperfect man making lasting positive change....

55 minutes ago, jakee said:

You are stating your theoretical actions, decided in the comfort of your own home with the benefit of perfect hindsight, as fact. They are not. You are stating the result of those actions from you or anyone else there (Floyd alive) as fact. They are not. You may know you, but you don't know reality.

Oh - But I do know reality - I live in it - you should try.;)

(And BTW, I know you said you didn't go to a protest march because someone told you that you might get hurt. Doesn't quite fit with the 'man of action' claim.)

>>>And BTW, <Facepalm>

No - why do I even try . . . its like herding minnows.:p

I said that I was told that I would likely need protection.

I never said I didn't go - (Though, I did not go that night.)

What have you done besides be a keyboard hero?

And again, you've been asked several times but still haven't been able to state how exactly you would intervene and why that would have resulted in the cops letting Floyd live. So far all you've presented is wishful thinking, and you're using that as an excuse to deflect blame away from the guilty parties and on to completely innocent bystanders, which is not very nice at all.

>>>please show where I have been asked several times for my specific actions that I would have performed to intervene - I must have missed them.

I said that I was told that I would likely need protection.

I never said I didn't go - (Though, I did not go that night.)

So you didn't go on the night you were told you'd need to be protected. Again, doesn't go with the fearless man of action claims you're making.

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

please show where I have been asked several times for my specific actions that I would have performed to intervene - I must have missed them.

If you're asking me to do your homework for you then you'll need to say that.

In the meantime, the question still stands. How would you have stopped Floyd from dying? What actions would you have taken that would have made that cop stop doing what he was doing?

1 hour ago, jakee said:

So you didn't go on the night you were told you'd need to be protected. Again, doesn't go with the fearless man of action claims you're making.

If you're asking me to do your homework for you then you'll need to say that.

In the meantime, the question still stands. How would you have stopped Floyd from dying? What actions would you have taken that would have made that cop stop doing what he was doing?

Jakee you’re expecting a reply from Trumps little apprentice. I mean look at how perfectly this phrase mimics Trump “I never said I didn't go - (Though, I did not go that night.)”

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gowlerk said:

George Floyd was a Christian.

From what I have found he did in fact profess to be a Christian. However, that was not the point of my post.

Of greater concern now is that Antifa has held two demonstrations, albeit puny, and they have approached one local PD with a defunding request. Word has it they are planning another demonstration tomorrow AM.

I met with some Vietnam vets and former LEOs yesterday and I don't think they realize what they may stepping into up here.

We understand all of this looting, burning, and violence is orchestrated and financed by the wealthy liberal supremacists. It is intended to crush our economy and defeat President Trump. The discussion at this juncture is to remember our oath when we entered service.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

— Luke 22:36