1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

3 minutes ago, jakee said:

And yet it does not mean that protest is not also happening.

What's your point?

That this action is more common than the actual protest.

That it is senseless.  Its not doing anyone any good.

It is harming the family.

That is injures more than it helps.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-firefighter-devastated-minneapolis-riots-bar

30 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

That this action is more common than the actual protest.

That it is senseless.  Its not doing anyone any good.

It is harming the family.

That is injures more than it helps.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-firefighter-devastated-minneapolis-riots-bar

Sure, but I think you'll struggle to find anyone who doesn't already see that as self evident. 

Also not quite sure what reason you had (other than your Trump Defense Syndrome) to bring the Don into it.

Sure, but I think you'll struggle to find anyone who doesn't already see that as self evident. 

Also not quite sure what reason you had (other than your Trump Defense Syndrome) to bring the Don into it.

Because - In Here - It is all Don's fault.

Is that what you see? It's amazing how bias can skew your viewpoint.

For turtle its not about what gave cause to the protests.Instead those who broke the law in the protests are the criminals.

Inciting violence, trump encouraging his supporters to beat up those that oppose him. Then trump promising to pay their legal bills. Encouraging the police to “rough people up more”.

What FOX tells him to think. Thats what is important.

15 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

For turtle its not about what gave cause to the protests.Instead those who broke the law in the protests are the criminals.

Inciting violence, trump encouraging his supporters to beat up those that oppose him. Then trump promising to pay their legal bills. Encouraging the police to “rough people up more”.

What FOX tells him to think. Thats what is important.

Right on Cue!!  - thanks for proving my suspicion.

As to the first part of your post:  Its about both - I look at the whole picture, I'm not as single minded as some of those here.

What the cop did was appalling.  Plain and simple it is Murder.  I have read that there was more than a small connection between the two.  I believe they worked nights at the same club as security.  I hope he gets the maximum penalty if he is convicted.

As for the opportunistic looting - that should be a swift and severe punishment as well.

Protest - Protest civilly, without theft, and breaking things, and be a f*&$!%g human about it instead of whatever these looters have devolved into.

I also do NOT think the police should be arresting the media for reporting the incidents while handing out masks to protect the looters and protesters.

4 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

As for the opportunistic looting - that should be a swift and severe punishment as well.

Protest - Protest civilly, without theft, and breaking things, and be a f*&$!%g human about it instead of whatever these looters have devolved into.

I also do NOT think the police should be arresting the media for reporting the incidents while handing out masks to protect the looters and protesters.

Protests turn violent usually because there is tremendous pent up frustration. Disparate power. The police and government doing what they want. Black victims that are all presumed to be criminals in any interaction with police.

When peaceful protest doesn't work, when the state, LE, etc. use protest as an attempt to brush off, blow off, drag out, real reforms. Then the type of rioting like in Hong Kong becomes necessary. Perhaps in the US as well.

How many black victims of police homicide are necessary to reform these LE agencies? How many decades?

Blacks in America who are unarmed are 30% more likely to be killed than whites.

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Protests turn violent usually because there is tremendous pent up frustration. Disparate power. The police and government doing what they want. Black victims that are all presumed to be criminals in any interaction with police.

It is hard to agree with rioting and property destruction. It is even harder to agree with out of control police officers murdering with impunity. And make no mistake, without the video cameras now everywhere these few rouge officers, with the silence and support of their brethren, have been able to do whatever they feel like at the moment. This level of protest is wrong. On the other hand the ex-officer has now been charged and 4 of them have been fired. Without the threat of rioting that would not have happened.

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It is hard to agree with rioting and property destruction. It is even harder to agree with out of control police officers murdering with impunity. And make no mistake, without the video cameras now everywhere these few rouge officers, with the silence and support of their brethren, have been able to do whatever they feel like at the moment. This level of protest is wrong. On the other hand the ex-officer has now been charged and 4 of them have been fired. Without the threat of rioting that would not have happened.

IMO the violence was and is necessary in Hong Kong. The local government was acting as stooges of Beijing. These protests in the US have now resulted in two other deaths one of with was a LE officer.

The facts that protests have spread to many cities in the US show pent up frustration. Its easy to say only peaceful protests should take place. When change fails to materialize decade after decade. Its easy to think that violence and protest should never go together. Furthermore I don't generally approve of it.

However there currently seems to be an overt duty of proof to convict or charge LE in the death of unarmed suspects. There seems to be national issues whereby weeding out bad LE personnel seems to lack effect.

I agree with your statement. But I also believe that the other three fired officers need to be charged as accessories. Only when LE officers themselves take action to get rid of the bad ones can it be turned around.

Where are the Serpico's?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

But you said it yourself in the OP - the looters are not protesters, therefore whatever the looters are doing should not reflect badly on the people who are protesting.

1 minute ago, RonD1120 said:

IMO, this violence is choreographed, instigated, and financed by Soros money. I don't see how this chaos can erupt simultaneously in several cities around the country without an organizer.

Makes sense. Because Jews and money go hand in hand. Because Soros has the power to order LE homicide. Must be a deep state pre-election attack on trump in order to allow Blacks to overthrow the election.

It was always only a matter of time till the Weathermen.decided to attack America again.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

IMO, this violence is choreographed, instigated, and financed by Soros money. I don't see how this chaos can erupt simultaneously in several cities around the country without an organizer.

Ron, you are just so darn cute sometimes! And, as Bill says, so predictable and dependable. I'm pretty sure you and yours are getting all locked and loaded right now in case this is the beginning of your long wanted SHTF race war.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

The facts that protests have spread to many cities in the US show pent up frustration. Its easy to say only peaceful protests should take place. 

Peaceful protest only achieved condemnation from the right wingers.

1047450_3_0925-NFL-Kneel_standard.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

That isn't true - the firing happened before the riots - Perhaps after a  few protest gatherings.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, kallend said:

Peaceful protest only achieved condemnation from the right wingers.

1047450_3_0925-NFL-Kneel_standard.jpg

Isn't condemnation what you (Royal You AND you personally) give out when you don't agree with the subject of protest? 

Edited by turtlespeed

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

It is hard to agree with rioting and property destruction. It is even harder to agree with out of control police officers murdering with impunity. And make no mistake, without the video cameras now everywhere these few rouge officers, with the silence and support of their brethren, have been able to do whatever they feel like at the moment. 

Agreed. 

It will be sad indeed if the only way we can see change is for police/businessowners/homeowners to start thinking "For God's sakes don't kill blacks unnecessarily, because then riots will destroy the town!"  We shouldn't even need the second part of that sentence for the first part to make sense - but that may be where we're at as a country.

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

Agreed. 

It will be sad indeed if the only way we can see change is for police/businessowners/homeowners to start thinking "For God's sakes don't kill blacks unnecessarily, because then riots will destroy the town!"  We shouldn't even need the second part of that sentence for the first part to make sense - but that may be where we're at as a country.

If a minuscule part of a country defines it - then you may be correct.