1 1
wmw999

Sarah Cooper

These are brilliant -- this is a young woman who makes videos of herself saying Trump's words. She gets the breathing and expressions just right, so other than the incongruity, she's utterly believable. I had to do something like this in high school for drama class, and wasn't even close. I'm not at all big on videos, and absolutely loved this one.

Wendy P.

• Like 2

It illustrates the importance of the visual input to our sensory system.  We are so accustomed to Trump's stupid utterances while we watch him that the stupidity often doesn't register.  Having the exact same words coming from an unfamiliar face  emphasizes just how stupid and incoherent he is.

9 hours ago, kallend said:

Having the exact same words coming from an unfamiliar face  emphasizes just how stupid and incoherent he is.

Hi John,

One other way is to read what he says; it also shows 'how stupid and incoherent he is.'

However, the problem is that his followers either cannot read or chose not to.

Jerry Baumchen

5 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Who? The Infected States of America?

In 4 months COVID-19 has killed more Americans than died in WW1 (April 1917 - November 1918, 19 months).

More than twice as many as died in Vietnam.

Three times as many as in the Korean War.

3 hours ago, nigel99 said:

I think it has moved from laughing to pity

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Personally it isn't either for me. I travel across that border about 4 times a month. Like Jerry says, Nov. 3 is a date to act.

I've said it before here. Its like disbelief, horror and disgust. Its like a neighbor next door that you've known as as upstanding family. Who suddenly sinks into mental distress, where the children are unkempt, the husband beats his wife, alcoholism, etc. Where social workers are there daily trying to help to no avail.

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Its announced then but available for injection January 20th.

But if you pull off the labels on the vials, you will see it is really just hydroxychloroquine with a new label slapped over the original label.

Kind of like Italy had a secret happiness that we elected Trump, because it took the spotlight of Berlusconi, the US can always point to Brazil 9_9, as an example that somewhere out there, someone "normal" is worse off. 

Being happy that someone is worse is just not a great style.

Wendy P.

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Being happy that someone is worse is just not a great style.

Hi Wendy,

Many lifetimes ago, I served in the US Air Force.  I worked in hospital administration; I was just a GI doing my job.

We had many subscriptions to numerous medical journals; and I read a lot of them.

After World War II, there were numerous studies of why soldiers would do whatever they did during combat.  One thing that they found out was that when the guy next to you got killed, your immediate reaction was one of happiness; it was not you.

Jerry Baumchen