normiss

A true patriot's thoughts about Trump

14 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Personal comments about trump on the VA.org website.

Hi Phil,

Re:  'I voted for Trump because I was afraid of the blatant corruption of Hilary Clinton, but now I see that Trump is far more corrupt than Hilary would have ever been.' 

I think ( hopefully ) that a lot of people are of the same mind.

Jerry Baumchen

45 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Re:  'I voted for Trump because I was afraid of the blatant corruption of Hilary Clinton, but now I see that Trump is far more corrupt than Hilary would have ever been.' 

I think ( hopefully ) that a lot of people are of the same mind.

Jerry Baumchen

Veterans are traditionally republican voters. As the old saw about them goes never a defense bill that they didn't like. For many with a history within the family of service its republican or nothing. Especially so with the last couple super-size defense bills.

IMO his support within the military started downward with attacks on McCain and support for Flynn. Then add the Kurds, Iraq, Ukraine, Syria, N. Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, etc. Loss, after loss, after loss.

Perhaps its a good thing that trump didn't end up in Vietnam as there are too many names on the wall already. Imagine trump's lying, bumbling stupidity in a shooting war.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

I have never heard mentioned except here in SC. My friends, associates, and fellow vets support President Trump and his agenda.

Most of the Veterans I interface with, with regularity for that matter?

They despise Trump for the multi-draft dodging and the outright theft of charitable funds for Veterans, as well as his abandonment of our allies and vacating treaties and agreements that have helped stabilize a lot of hot spots around the world. Then they want to talk about his treasonous relationship with Russia.

You're pretty much the only veteran I know of with the perspective you have which goes completely against the Constitution.

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Vietnam veterans have quite a different understanding of the terms patriot and treason. We may be dying off but we have taught our children well.

President Trump will serve a second term.

How do your Vietnam veterans feel about voter fraud and tax fraud?

(edited)
3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Typical trump, he knows nothing of what he does. The NATO partners of this treaty who don't have the satellite capabilities that the US has will be left to the representations of the US. Which trump has shown is frequently laced with US self serving barefaced lies. Like Middle-east peace, trump has gone full cowboy. Burnt every bridge, screwed every ally. For no gain.

In 2008 Russia invaded, and has since continued to occupy, the Georgian regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Under the terms of the Open Skies Treaty, observation flights cannot be carried out within 10 km of an international border of a country that is not part of the Open Skies agreement. 

Since Russia is one of only five countries that recognises Abkhazia and South Ossetia as independent states (the others being Syria, Nicaragua, Venezuela, and Nauru.), Moscow has refused to allow observation flights within 10 km of its border with these two occupied regions of Georgia since 2010. Georgia is a signatory that has ratified the treaty.

Although there have been many diplomatic complaints filed over this issue, Russia has been unwilling to change its position.

There is also a problem with Russian occupied Crimea. In 2014, Russia invaded and illegally annexed the Crimean peninsula from Ukraine. Since then, Moscow has designated an airbase as a refueling stop for Open Skies Treaty observation flights. This is a clear affront to Ukraine’s sovereignty by Russia and an attempt to justify its annexation of Crimea. 

There are other Russian violations of the treaty too. For example, Moscow has placed limitations and restrictions on observation flights over its Kaliningrad exclave. In 2018, Russia refused a US observation flight during a major Russian military exercise.  

>Snip

It is not that Russia has just recently fell out of compliance of the Open Skies Treaty. In the case of Georgia this has been the case for a decade. And it is not as if Russia’s non-compliance of the Open Skies Treaty is a one-off. Russia was in violation of the Intermediate Range Nuclear Force (INF) Treaty and the Trump Administration was right to leave that agreement too last year. 

https://www.trtworld.com/opinion/is-the-us-right-in-wanting-to-leave-the-open-skies-treaty-36642

sorry for the turtle crack last week.

TY We could all clean it up a bit. 

Edited by BIGUN
Apologies. I did not cite the source the first time.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Foul. 

The poll surveyed 1,630 active-duty Military Times subscribers in partnership with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) at Syracuse University.

Regional Bias 

11 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Foul. 

The poll surveyed 1,630 active-duty Military Times subscribers in partnership with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) at Syracuse University.

Regional Bias 

Regional? Why?

The sentence you quoted does not mean the people who were polled are at or near Syracuse. 

(edited)
28 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

n 2008 Russia invaded, and has since continued to occupy, the Georgian regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Under the terms of the Open Skies Treaty, observation flights cannot be carried out within 10 km of an international border of a country that is not part of the Open Skies agreement. 

When understanding complex issues like the Open Skies Treaty its important to consider the source of opinion. The quote above is from "TRT World is a Turkish state international news channel ...However, the network has received criticism in the West for failing to meet accepted journalism ethics and standards for independence and objectivity, with some commentators calling it a mouthpiece or propaganda arm of the Erdoğan administration.[11][12][10] According to Reporters Without Borders, Turkey in 2020 ranked 154th out of 179 countries in press freedom.[13]"

With regards to whether Russia has broken the treaty or not I would take the word of "Chris Ford, assistant secretary of state for international security and nonproliferation," one of trump's own government directly involved in the issue. A republican with very impressive credentials.  Over that of a Turkish opinion piece with a US government record of actionable bias.

So I'll repeat again "Ford acknowledged, are “not in fact violations of the treaty.”

trump has used lies to walk away from treaties before. The lies that he told with regards to Iran violating the nuclear accords are well documented. In fact the EU abided by the accords after the US violated its word in that treaty. By US I mean trump."The move is especially striking because even Trump administration officials have previously said Iran is complying with the accord."

Further to the US violation of that agreement "Bolton also rejected the idea that the U.S. was violating its commitments to its allies" I suspect that Stephen Miller is behind the Open Skies pullout just as he was behind the Iran accords withdrawal.

Typical trump and American plan. Barefaced lies, scrap any written agreements, screw over any allies involved in the equation. Expect respect.

Edited by Phil1111

5 minutes ago, jakee said:

Regional? Why?

The sentence you quoted does not mean the people who were polled are at or near Syracuse. 

Quite right to which i would ad why would there be regional biases in veterans support or lack thereof for trump?

8 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Quite right to which i would ad why would there be regional biases in veterans support or lack thereof for trump?

Syracuse University?

Educational Institution = Democratic leanings? 

NY?

Must be a Democrat to live there NY?  

13 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

he quote above is from "TRT World is a Turkish state international

I get where you were going with this, however the author is of some esteem and also of the same party. 

AUTHOR

Luke Coffey is the Director of the Foreign Policy Center at The Heritage Foundation, a Washington DC based think-tank.

1 minute ago, BIGUN said:

I get where you were going with this, however the author is of some esteem and also of the same party. 

AUTHOR

Luke Coffey is the Director of the Foreign Policy Center at The Heritage Foundation, a Washington DC based think-tank.

This one "The Heritage Foundation rejects the scientific consensus on climate change.[69][70] The Heritage Foundation is one of many climate change denial organizations that have been funded by ExxonMobil.[69][71] The Heritage Foundation strongly criticized the Kyoto Agreement, which was intended to curb climate change, saying American participation in the treaty would "result in lower economic growth in every state and nearly every sector of the economy."[72] The Heritage Foundation projected that the 2009 cap-and-trade bill, the American Clean Energy and Security Act, would result in a cost of $1,870 per family in 2025 and $6,800 by 2035; on the other hand, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office projected that it would only cost the average family $175 in 2020.[73]? 

13 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Syracuse University?

Educational Institution = Democratic leanings? 

NY?

Must be a Democrat to live there NY?  

Again, the people they polled were not in Syracuse. Modern society has given us ways of communicating with people who live a long way away. You are currently using one of them.

7 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Foundation is one of many climate change denial organizations that have been funded by ExxonMobil.[69][71] The Heritage Foundation strongly criticized the Kyoto Agreement, which was intended to curb climate change, saying American participation in the treaty would "result in lower economic growth in every state and nearly every sector of the economy."[72] The Herita

Completely different silo, Brother. Not even the subject of conversation regarding the Treaty.  

PS> Gonna be offline until Monday. Have a great weekend.

8 hours ago, BIGUN said:

You're not going to speak on behalf of the deceased veteran and then do. While quoting the sound bite the media wants you to hear without completing the whole sentence and taken completely out of context designed to fit the emotional response they wish to create. It's not hard to find the whole discussion. 

Fine.

Please quote the entire statement Trump made when he called Nazis & KKK 'very fine people'.

I heard it in real time and could barely believe it.

still find it hard to believe how many of his supporters either ignore it completely or pretend it was taken out of context.

6 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

How do your Vietnam veterans feel about voter fraud and tax fraud?

Apparently if an impeached, stripper chasing rapist, never true to any wife or family, liar, terrible business man, non-christian, charity stealing, draft dodging traitor does it, he's their guy, all cool!

18 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I have never heard mentioned except here in SC. My friends, associates, and fellow vets support President Trump and his agenda.

that's because most of them are too stupid to see that all they are fed is a bunch of lies and misleading information.  like how bigun mentioned that it was good for us to pull out of that treaty, when clearly it is not.  that's how propaganda works, just enough of a truth inside to sound real then repeat it long enough and becomes true, regardless of anything else.  i really should stop calling folks stupid when that just makes them defensive, but i am tired of dealing with the fallout from the stupidity and bad choices when i can see the train wreck coming for miles.  most vets are bombarded with go talking points their entire careers even though it is illegal as hell.  it is hard to counter that with the truth.  it clearly takes all kinds, and now i know where you stand on this one.  nice to know who is helping destroy the country.  thanx guys, you know who you are...