normiss

A true patriot's thoughts about Trump

add the GOP to that equation. trump would be history now had they fulfilled the oath they took to uphold the US constitution.

55,000 to 60,000 more Americans would still be alive if any other president had taken control of the C-19 crisis.

Kim would have had less of a nuclear delivery capability.

Iran would not be rushing their nuclear program.

trump has betrayed America and this weekend that should honor service personal. Is instead one where America is losing a war. More divided than ever.

One where China is taking bold steps against democracy in Hong Kong. Where North Korea and Iran are going all out on their nuclear/ballistic missile programs.

Where Putin and Russia consolidate their victories in Syria, Iraq, Ukraine, Crimea.

All of it due to trump's stupidity, bungling and efforts to appease enemies.

One where only retired politicians and service personnel can speak the truth. Because everyone else gets fired by the illegitimate commander and thief.

Memorial day holiday and the bone spurs president is campaigning again. Evidently it not the time to remember and thank those who have sacrificed. But to campaign for elections.

Team Trump campaigning at beaches Memorial Day weekend    FOX today.

Trump turns Memorial Day event into quasi campaign rally    MAGA banners flying over a beach near you.

Four years ago trump was using the holiday to honor those who have served the country. To praise himself, to lie and to hide his own endeavors to betray America.

I have held the Silver Star and Purple Heart that my girlfriend’s father earned on Omaha Beach. I can’t speak for him because he’s deceased, but I can imagine what he would say about a President who has supporters who wave the Nazi flag while saying some are “very fine people”. You wouldn’t like what he would say about Trump......or you, if you support him.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Faicon9493 said:

I have held the Silver Star and Purple Heart that my girlfriend’s father earned on Omaha Beach. I can’t speak for him because he’s deceased, but I can imagine what he would say about a President who has supporters who wave the Nazi flag while saying some are “very fine people”. You wouldn’t like what he would say about Trump......or you, if you support him.

You're not going to speak on behalf of the deceased veteran and then do. While quoting the sound bite the media wants you to hear without completing the whole sentence and taken completely out of context designed to fit the emotional response they wish to create. It's not hard to find the whole discussion. 

it's also not hard to understand that the candidate that the russian president wants elected probably isn't the one for the job.  i'm sure ukranians are ok with giving away territory and lives after we promised to protect them when they gave up the nukes in '94.  and who does it benefit dropping out of the flyover treaty?  i'll wait.  he needs removed from office now, but i will wait for november.  i will come out and say it, anyone who supports trump after knowing what i just said and nothing else is a traitor.

• Like 1

(edited)
23 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

i'll wait.  he needs removed from office now, but i will wait for november.  i will come out and say it, anyone who supports trump after knowing what i just said and nothing else is a traitor.

High treason or petty treason? The kind of treason our forefathers committed or the kind of treason the US POWs committed in Vietnam? Treason as defined by Brazilian or Canadian laws? I don't know; it all just gets so confusing. One can only hope the government doesn't react over a difference of opinion or an accusation without some form of due process.  Wait. I'll take sticks & stones for $200.00, Alex.

Edited by BIGUN

16 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Vietnam veterans have quite a different understanding of the terms patriot and treason.

You certainly do, but it's not because you went to Vietnam. By anyone else's reckoning you're not much of a patriot. You simply don't understand the true values of your nation.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

High treason or petty treason? The kind of treason our forefathers committed or the kind of treason the US POWs committed in Vietnam? Treason as defined by Brazilian or Canadian laws? I don't know; it all just gets so confusing. One can only hope the government doesn't react over a difference of opinion or an accusation without some form of due process.  Wait. I'll take sticks & stones for $200.00, Alex.

it's just an opinion, not designed to upset anyone, and it certainly doesn't change how i interact with anyone.  i live in wv and the majority here are too stupid to breath, and most support agent orange.  i still interact with them, just more of a, "bless their hearts" sort of feeling sorry for them.  it is a free country and you are allowed whatever beliefs or ideas you wish, as am i.  i am making it my mission to bring politics back to civil discussion in real life.  it is an uphill battle where i live.

22 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Vietnam veterans have quite a different understanding of the terms patriot and treason. We may be dying off but we have taught our children well.

President Trump will serve a second term.

and i learned this well from my vietnam veteran father.  he would be ashamed of trump today as should all veterans, but again, it is your right to be wrong.  enjoy it. 

1 minute ago, sfzombie13 said:

i am making it my mission to bring politics back to civil discussion in real life. 

Good. Well, then let's do that. My understanding of the Open Skies Treaty is that we pulled out because Russia was in violation by not allowing us and Canada to do a flyover in our effort to protect those who surrendered their nukes. And, that it was not Russia's first offense. Is that not the case or your understanding?  

as far as i know, putin has loaned trump over 600 million dollars because nobody else would had has received unprecedented presidential access since then.  that is all public knowledge.  i have also done some not very nice things in my life and hung out with some nefarious folks, including mobsters and vietnamese gangsters.  the only people i have ever heard speak like trump are mobsters, and even they are usually better spoken.  given his history and previous interactions, i find it not only very likely that he is a criminal, i find it almost irrefutable, and that is given all the things he has mislead the public about and his double standards playing one branch of the government against the rest.  had the gop senators done their duty, we wouldn't be having this discussion.  and did you miss the FACT that one of the situations presented at the trial asked whether he would treat one of is own governors with the same threats as he used against ukraine, and lo and behold, he did just that and continues to do so.  if you can't look at FACTS and see that he is a criminal, i can't help you and have nothing for you.  that doesn't mean i wish you any harm or would treat you with animosity, just that your thoughts and opinions are invalid in the back of my head every time i think of you. 

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Vietnam veterans have quite a different understanding of the terms patriot and treason. We may be dying off but we have taught our children well.

Having spoken with my father recently I can tell you that your version of politics and understanding of treason is not the same as all Vietnam Vets.

• Like 1

(edited)
54 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

So, we're not going to discuss the Open Skies Treaty...? 

Sure, "What “full compliance” means, however, is unclear. Chris Ford, assistant secretary of state for international security and nonproliferation, told reporters there are “many variables” as to what that would entail, particularly as a number of American complaints about Russian activities involve behaviors that, Ford acknowledged, are “not in fact violations of the treaty.”

As an example of the latter, Ford pointed to restrictions on flights over Kaliningrad. Russia has in the past restricted the length of flights over the city, which is not a direct violation but contradicts the confidence-building nature of the agreement, Ford said....

Critics of the treaty have argued that the U.S. gets better intelligence from satellite systems and that the funding to replace the aging OC-135 aircraft can be spent elsewhere....

“If you’re Russia, you can stay in and take the moral high ground, say, ‘We still honor international treaties, even if America doesn’t,’ or you can say the treaty is diminished beyond usefulness and you pull out. I don’t know which they’ll do, but neither is good for NATO," the source said.

The source added that while it is true the U.S. gets its best intelligence from its satellites as opposed to OC-135 flights, focusing entirely on that is “selfish” because “a lot of NATO allies rely on Open Skies for visibility into what goes "on in Russia.”

How a US withdrawal from the Open Skies Treaty would benefit the Kremlin

The U.S. Will Ditch The Open Skies Treaty. That’s a Bad Idea.

Finally "Withdrawal would constitute yet another blow to arms control inflicted by the Trump administration. It left the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action regarding Iran. It refused to seek ratification of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (even though it seems to see no reason for nuclear testing). It eschewed political and military steps that would have increased pressure on Russia to return to compliance with the INF Treaty. It so far refuses Moscow’s offer to extend the 2010 New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, which expires in eleven months.

Trump over the past year has said that he wants to go big on arms control and negotiate an agreement with Russia and China covering all types of nuclear arms, but his administration has yet to offer a proposal or even an outline for doing so. A decision to withdraw from the Open Skies Treaty would provide the latest evidence that he sees little point in arms control."

"Since 2002, the US has undertaken three times as many reconnaissance flights over Russia than Russia has over the US. In 2019, Washington conducted 18 flights out of a maximum allowed of 21, whereas Moscow carried out 7. In 2020, the US is expected to reach the upper limit of 21....On May 12, the European Leadership Network think tank published an open letter signed by several high-ranking NATO ex-generals that called upon the Trump administration to continue complying with Open Skies. It further appealed to the European powers to “make every effort to remain in the treaty, even if the United States withdraws.”

Typical trump, he knows nothing of what he does. The NATO partners of this treaty who don't have the satellite capabilities that the US has will be left to the representations of the US. Which trump has shown is frequently laced with US self serving barefaced lies. Like Middle-east peace, trump has gone full cowboy. Burnt every bridge, screwed every ally. For no gain.

and sorry for the turtle crack last week. That was uncalled for.

Edited by Phil1111

How do they feel about his 5 deferments and fake bone spurs?

• Like 1

Vietnam veterans have quite a different understanding of the terms patriot and treason.

They do indeed.  They consider people patriots who served their country in time of war, and they consider treasonous to be anyone who tries to undermine the US Constitution.  They tend to not respect a draft-dodging criminal who solicits the support of Russia and China - and who calls the US Constitution "phony."

3 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I have never heard mentioned except here in SC. My friends, associates, and fellow vets support President Trump and his agenda.

Perhaps you haven't talked to many veterans, then.  Here's what another veteran had to say:

I’m not a Vietnam vet, but I am an Iraq vet. I’ll tell you how I feel about it. Talk is cheap. Action matters. The current POTUS got five deferments from serving. When his fourth point of contact was on the line, he let others take the risks. There is no amount of flag hugging or national anthem agitating that makes up for this. Bernie Sanders at least had the backbone to declare himself a conscientious objector, thus earning himself lasting opprobrium from a generous slice of his countrymen. Trump just quietly skipped out without taking a stand on anything except avoidance of discomfort.

Worse, his saber rattling makes it increasingly likely that those currently serving will have to fight in wars that could be avoided. I don’t know where the US population got the idea that flag waving and protestations of love matter more to the troops than not having their commitment to the nation’s well-being and their very lives squandered, but I assure every reader that the best way to honor the troops is to keep them at home training. (Unless we’re talking about the Navy. Sorry, guys. Even in peacetime, they need to spend a third of their time at sea in order to keep the skills sharp.) 

5 minutes ago, billvon said:

Perhaps you haven't talked to many veterans, then.  Here's what another veteran had to say:

I like polls because individuals can represent narrow segments of a group.

Half of active-duty service members are unhappy with Trump, new Military Times poll shows    Military Times December 17, 2019

Do you think Donald Trump is helping America?   Personal comments about trump on the VA.org website.