1 1

More Bullying Tactics Against Small Business Owners

9 hours ago, markharju said:

This time Oregon is siccing Child Protective Services.

Not according to CPS.  And I would trust them over this woman.

Also this is funny: "“Everyone’s job is essential, not because what we do or how we do it, but because it’s how we make our living."  By that standard, drug dealers and mob hitmen are essential.

15 minutes ago, billvon said:

Not according to CPS.  And I would trust them over this woman.

Also this is funny: "“Everyone’s job is essential, not because what we do or how we do it, but because it’s how we make our living."  By that standard, drug dealers and mob hitmen are essential.

IMO the most dangerous occupations in a C-19 environment would be dentistry, barbers/hair salons, and on in that order.

A friend was describing the regulations for dentistry. Both patient and dentist in FULL protective gear and all procedures in a small completely sealed enclosure that is fully cleaned after each procedure. If the dentist needs an assistant they are in complete protective gear. Including foot baggies, pants upper jackets, gloves face shields, masks(except patient) and hoods.

Before the patient can put on their protective equipment the assistants must watch the patient wash their hands and arms to their elbows.

38 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

She chose to ignore a lawful order.

I'd bet pretty heavily that she was warned, and most likely more than once before the citation was issued.

Actions have consequences.

Hi Joe,

Since I live here, I'm possibly a little closer to this one.  IMO her real problem is her big mouth.  If she had just opened & kept it low key, she would not have been on the news.  But, no; she had to go on & on about how no one could tell her what to do.

The latest news that I saw said that, in addition to the $14,000 fine, the authorities were going to take away her business license.

Yup:  'Actions have consequences.'

Jerry Baumchen

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

...The latest news that I saw said that, in addition to the $14,000 fine, the authorities were going to take away her business license.

Yup:  'Actions have consequences.'

Jerry Baumchen

I've seen a couple stories about various places that refuse to close losing their licenses.

Bars lose their liquor license, barbers and cosmetiologists lose their license, that sort of thing. 

And then you get morons like this, who put people into danger, and clearly illustrate why these orders are in place to begin with:

https://time.com/5837829/new-york-barber-covid-19/

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

A friend was describing the regulations for dentistry. Both patient and dentist in FULL protective gear and all procedures in a small completely sealed enclosure that is fully cleaned after each procedure. If the dentist needs an assistant they are in complete protective gear. Including foot baggies, pants upper jackets, gloves face shields, masks(except patient) and hoods.

Where did those regulations come from? I went to the dentist last week...waiting room was quite spread out & chairs were cleaned as soon as a person stood up. But aside from temp check, hand sanitizer, & mask (when I wasn't in the chair) everything was as normal. Nothing of what you described happened.

55 minutes ago, purevl said:

Where did those regulations come from? I went to the dentist last week...waiting room was quite spread out & chairs were cleaned as soon as a person stood up. But aside from temp check, hand sanitizer, & mask (when I wasn't in the chair) everything was as normal. Nothing of what you described happened.

Canada

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

IMO the most dangerous occupations in a C-19 environment would be dentistry, barbers/hair salons, and on in that order.

The Indicator had an interesting interview with a barber shop owner in Georgia when they re-opened 3 weeks ago.  He is taking pretty good precautions.   Probably no worse than being in a store where people are not wearing masks.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/29/848111619/getting-back-to-business

Jump to about 3:00, if you want to start where he does.

I pretty much listen to all of The Indicator podcasts, as well as the Short Wave and Planet Money.

1 hour ago, headoverheels said:

The Indicator had an interesting interview with a barber shop owner in Georgia when they re-opened 3 weeks ago.  He is taking pretty good precautions.   Probably no worse than being in a store where people are not wearing masks.

I pretty much listen to all of The Indicator podcasts, as well as the Short Wave and Planet Money.

I need to stop hearing about precautions in public spaces. I normally hold my breath when near, about 30' from someone in a grocery store and walk faster. But I found that I was holding my breath from the time I entered the store till I left.

But a couple times it didn't end well when I woke up on a gurney with paramedics giving me oxygen.^.^  So I had to quit that.

2 hours ago, headoverheels said:

I came across an interesting article about transmission risks.

It all boils down to how many individual virus particles you take in.

A small amount over a longer time or a large amount over a shorter time.

The amount depends on how much is expelled and proximity.

The author looked at several actual transmission events.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

37 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I came across an interesting article about transmission risks.

It all boils down to how many individual virus particles you take in.

A small amount over a longer time or a large amount over a shorter time.

The amount depends on how much is expelled and proximity.

The author looked at several actual transmission events.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

This is fascinating. I had no idea what a huge difference there was between normal breathing and a cough/sneeze!

19 hours ago, markharju said:

So she's closer than 6', and then removes her mask to whine.  Clearly irresponsible, and should not ever be allowed to operate a business that involves proximity to the public.

The Michigan AG said trump 'is a petulant child who refuses to follow the rules'. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) has ordered facial covering in workplaces. But its beneath trump to make an effort to protect others. He re3fused to wear one today at a Ford plant.

Mrs. Nesslel the AG said "I think the message he's sending is the same message he sent when he took office in 2017, which is, 'I don't care about you, I don't care about your health, I don't care about your welfare, I don't care about anyone but myself,'

Too bad they didn't arrest him on the spot. Just another example of trump bullying small business.

20 hours ago, markharju said:

This time Oregon is siccing Child Protective Services. What's next? The Stasi?

That's nothing.  Look at this poor woman who they ARRESTED for exercising her freedoms:
======================================

PARKING LOT POOPER: Woman arrested, accused of defecating 8 times in public

Since early December, the owner of a Massachusetts outdoor store found human feces eight separate times in the parking lot when he arrived for work.

But on Wednesday, police in Natick arrested a woman, 51-year-old Andrea F. Grocer, in a vehicle while she was allegedly preparing to defecate on the store’s property.

“I’m so happy they arrested her,” Natick Outdoor Store owner Henry Kanner told Metro West Daily News. “I have no idea who she is. This has been ongoing. She has defecated quite often over here. There’s nothing more disgusting coming into your parking lot in the morning and seeing a pile of human excrement."

====================================

It's just like Nazi Germany.  Why not let the at-risk people just protect themselves, and let the freedom poopers exercise their Constitutional rights to pursue their own version of happiness?

2 hours ago, billvon said:

That's nothing.  Look at this poor woman who they ARRESTED for exercising her freedoms:
======================================

PARKING LOT POOPER: Woman arrested, accused of defecating 8 times in public

Since early December, the owner of a Massachusetts outdoor store found human feces eight separate times in the parking lot when he arrived for work.

But on Wednesday, police in Natick arrested a woman, 51-year-old Andrea F. Grocer, in a vehicle while she was allegedly preparing to defecate on the store’s property.

“I’m so happy they arrested her,” Natick Outdoor Store owner Henry Kanner told Metro West Daily News. “I have no idea who she is. This has been ongoing. She has defecated quite often over here. There’s nothing more disgusting coming into your parking lot in the morning and seeing a pile of human excrement."

====================================

It's just like Nazi Germany.  Why not let the at-risk people just protect themselves, and let the freedom poopers exercise their Constitutional rights to pursue their own version of happiness?

Party pooper ;P