brenthutch

Take the Red Pill

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The pesky fact is that EVs, account for 2% of car sales.  That is not trolling, that is just stating reality.

The troling bit is when you keep switching between stating what's happening now and predicting what's possible in the future depending on what lets you claim victory in that particular post, no matter which one you were talking about in the post before.

That's not an honest debate, it's not even a real conversation. It's trolling.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

The troling bit is when you keep switching between stating what's happening now and predicting what's possible in the future depending on what lets you claim victory in that particular post, no matter which one you were talking about in the post before.

That's not an honest debate, it's not even a real conversation. It's trolling.

Ding ding!  And we all enable it every time we reply to him.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 9:37 AM, brenthutch said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-in_electric_vehicles_in_the_United_States

98% of Americans drive what I drive, only 2% drive what you drive. Might want to get out occasionally and see how other people live.

You got that right. I'm telling you only a complete idiot would spend a Million Bucks on a Cessna Caravan when Twin Beeches are just 30 Grand. I mean just look around, 98% of major DZ's fly Twin Beeches. Caravans are just rich kids toys and didn't that one in Georgia crash? Never gonna happen.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, billvon said:

Ding ding!  And we all enable it every time we reply to him.

Maybe it's not too bad - if he can't hold pretend arguments with flimsy logic then declare how right he is and everyone else is wrong, imagine what his family might have to put up with...

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

Maybe it's not too bad - if he can't hold pretend arguments with flimsy logic then declare how right he is and everyone else is wrong, imagine what his family might have to put up with...

the horror, the horror!

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Kallend said 120 years ago we were riding around on horses. I just went with his number. 

Change happens.  25 years ago we were still using floppy disks in our computers.  10 years ago flashlights had incandescent bulbs and we didn't stream movies on demand.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Kallend said 120 years ago we were riding around on horses. I just went with his number. 

For your logic to work you would have to believe motor cars have only just now taken over from horses. Do you?

58 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Some people look for theories that fit the data they see. Others look for data to support their theories. 
Wendy P. 

I know you know this, but it's worth mentioning that while some people may not do any of the first, we all do the second to some extent. It's human nature. Even people who are strictly rational in most areas can fall down the rabbit hole in others if they're not careful.

30 minutes ago, jakee said:

I know you know this, but it's worth mentioning that while some people may not do any of the first, we all do the second to some extent. It's human nature. Even people who are strictly rational in most areas can fall down the rabbit hole in others if they're not careful.

Like a drunk uses a light pole. More for support than illumination.

19 hours ago, kallend said:

Change happens.  25 years ago we were still using floppy disks in our computers.  10 years ago flashlights had incandescent bulbs and we didn't stream movies on demand.

Yeah, and in a hundred years we will all be driving EVs. But as I have said, It won’t happen in the next twenty years.  EVs are this century’s version of the flying car.  There are a few of them around, they keep getting better yet we aren’t zooming around like the Jetsons.  You guys are just denying the reality you can see with your own two eyes.    

26 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It won’t happen in the next twenty years.

Okay we can take you up on this wager, if more than 50% of cars sold in 2040 are electric, you're wrong.

I'll add it to your "Tesla will be bankrupt in 5 years" prediction for 2023.

2 hours ago, olofscience said:

Okay we can take you up on this wager, if more than 50% of cars sold in 2040 are electric, you're wrong.

I'll add it to your "Tesla will be bankrupt in 5 years" prediction for 2023.

You’re on.  I will say that it looks like I may be wrong about Tesla.

25 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You’re on.  I will say that it looks like I may be wrong about Tesla.

Brilliant.

Now here's a BloombergNEF report that estimates that EVs will be 58% of global passenger vehicle sales by 2040: https://bnef.turtl.co/story/evo-2020/page/3/1.

I, for one, will be buying a Tesla next year. Looking forward to switching from my maintenance-heavy diesel.

On 5/23/2020 at 6:58 AM, brenthutch said:

The pesky fact is that EVs, account for 2% of car sales.  That is not trolling, that is just stating reality.

I know the context of your 2% is US sales.  Globally it's 8% and it's growing very quickly.  Projections put it at 1/3 by 2025 and getting to 50% globally in another 5-15 years.  Next year are you going to say, "The pesky fact is that EV's account for 15% of car sales" and then each year keep ticking it up a few more %?

Do you not know how growth works?

1 hour ago, DJL said:

I know the context of your 2% is US sales.  Globally it's 8% and it's growing very quickly.  Projections put it at 1/3 by 2025 and getting to 50% globally in another 5-15 years.  Next year are you going to say, "The pesky fact is that EV's account for 15% of car sales" and then each year keep ticking it up a few more %?

Do you not know how growth works?

No he doesn’t. He believes that if a product is a success it happens overnight otherwise it’s a failure.

A few of us have pointed out other typical product cycles and its fallen on deaf ears

51 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

No he doesn’t. He believes that if a product is a success it happens overnight otherwise it’s a failure.

A few of us have pointed out other typical product cycles and its fallen on deaf ears

He's still awaiting the paper copies. The US will never have a paperless office!!

55 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

What he's doing is similar to how infomercials sell really stupid gadgets, the actor can't do some simple task like fold an umbrella or eat chips and drink a soda at the same time.

Come on folks. Back in the early, heady, days of dz.com as a social Mecca, Zenister posted: 

well from a personal standpoint as my father used to say.. 

"you'd argue with a post, dig it up and argue with the hole" 

one tries to keep it reasonablly civil, but i've been known to escalate the rethoric on occasion simply for the entertainment value... 

i've discovered life is much easier if i expend that energy here rather than use it in person

I always did kind of like that post. 
Do you really think he’s the only one? And if you also enjoy it, don’t bitch because he’s not playing by your rules. 
Wendy P. 

36 minutes ago, DJL said:

What he's doing is similar to how infomercials sell really stupid gadgets, the actor can't do some simple task like fold an umbrella or eat chips and drink a soda at the same time.

You're onto something there. trump is a salesman by nature and for some people they've never seen a product that they would not buy. If the packaging was attractive to the eye, it looked as if it was free and solved every problem they never knew they had.