brenthutch

Take the Red Pill

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The problem I had with Tesla was the millions of tax dollars going to subsidize upper middle class toys.  Any current post about Tesla are about my prediction that it would be bankrupt in five years (three now) 

As compared to the $10 billion in subsidies the big three never repaid from a dozen years ago?

Before or after Ford goes bankrupt?

Which would be more, subsidies to big oil Study: U.S. Fossil Fuel Subsidies Exceed Pentagon Spending

17 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

As compared to the $10 billion in subsidies the big three never repaid from a dozen years ago?

Before or after Ford goes bankrupt?

Which would be more, subsidies to big oil Study: U.S. Fossil Fuel Subsidies Exceed Pentagon Spending

Fossil fuel subsidies keep energy costs low for all people, Tesla subsidies benefit only those who can afford to drop $40-$100K on a car.

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

As compared to 50-100K of a Ford F-350

I was referring to the folks that can only afford a modestly priced used car.  Tesla subsidies don't help them but low gas prices do.  If you were to stick it to the oil and gas companies, they would just pass the cost on to the consumer, which would disproportionately hurt the poor and working class.  

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I was referring to the folks that can only afford a modestly priced used car.  Tesla subsidies don't help them but low gas prices do.  If you were to stick it to the oil and gas companies, they would just pass the cost on to the consumer, which would disproportionately hurt the poor and working class.  

Moderately priced, reliable, used cars are easily 30k

(edited)
5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

So the $4.6 billion in subsidies US oil and gas companies receive per year. Are passed onto the public and not their executives and shareholders. Got it.

Edited by Phil1111

17 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

So the $4.6 billion in subsidies US oil and gas companies receive per year. Are passed onto the public and not their executives and shareholders. Got it.

ExonMobile net income was north of $20 billion for 2018.The subsidies do nothing to keep prices low.

25 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I was referring to the folks that can only afford a modestly priced used car.

Hi Brent,

Then you really should also include 'used' Teslas; I found these just now"

Used 2014 Tesla Model S - $36,995

Used 2012 Tesla Model S - $33,995

Used 2013 Tesla Model S - $31,000

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
18 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

Jerry Baumchen

Stop trying to help him.

Just for Brent! "the Ram 1500, GMC Sierra 1500, and Nissan Titan claimed the top three spots for depreciation, losing 29.2%, 24.7%, and 22.5% of their value over the same two years.

trump and his followers love pickups.

Edited by Phil1111

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I was referring to the folks that can only afford a modestly priced used car.  Tesla subsidies don't help them but low gas prices do.

Agreed - as do EV subsidies.  A new EV for $19K is a benefit to all the low and moderate income people out there.

(edited)
2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

Jerry Baumchen

Used Toyota Corolla $8000 (that is for a 2015 BTW)

Edited by brenthutch

52 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Same year Corolla, $4999, bigger, faster, longer range and no need to wait overnight to fill back up.

Hi Bent,

And those are plusses for the Corolla. 

Around here, I can re-charge that Leaf for free, at many locations.  

IMO that is a big plus.

Jerry Baumchen

47 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bent,

And those are plusses for the Corolla. 

Around here, I can re-charge that Leaf for free, at many locations.  

IMO that is a big plus.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

Around most of America, one cannot and that is a big drawback of the Leaf, or any other EV for that matter.

13 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Hi Jerry,

Around most of America, one cannot and that is a big drawback of the Leaf, or any other EV for that matter.

I’m sure back in the day that was the argument against moving away from horses. You could only get gas at limited places, food was readily available and cars were for the rich.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Yes and the poor and working class have super chargers in their garage. (Face palm) 

There are a number of free charging stations around. Have some lunch, read the paper, charge your car.

But you deserved the face palm. Have another.

• Like 1