javip82

SKYDIVERS LIFE INSURANCE

Hello guys,
I wanted to know who knows of any skydivers life insurance that is good, reliable and cheap.
Any insight on the life insurance you have and about how much it costs would be really helpful.

Thanks guys

Most companies will have you fill out an additional form asking different questions regarding your skydiving habits, delployment altitude as well as safety devices used and training. Depending on your answer they may or may not allow it. If you lieB| about it and say you don't skydive, you can't die :Sskydiving before the two year contestablity period. After that you are home free.:D

--------------------------------------------------
May the skys be blue, but never your balls!!!

i have standard through my work which does cover skydiving (I asked). I think i pay in 5 or 15$ a month for half a million...

mine will cover in a general sense to 140k, after that you effectively apply, so I suspect the diving sports will jack the rates.

Since I have no need for life insurance at this point, I passed.

Pretty much the same thing here. Insurance through work that is $20 or less per paycheck. The life and Accidental death policies both pay for a skydiving claim.

I just got a quote today from AAA insurance for 1 Million and their rate was ~160/month for a smoker who skydives.

I got mine through State Farm and I bought mine for life. I pay $21.00 a month and it will never go up and my policy is for 50,000 and it does cover skydiving... but mainly because I bought it before I did my first jump. I was doing many shark dives at the time and that is still my rate.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Speaking from someone who just recently went through this process you are absolutely correct - there is NO taxes on life insurance payouts.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

If you lieB| about it and say you don't skydive, you can't die :Sskydiving before the two year contestablity period. After that you are home free.:D

Is that positively so? I didn't lie, I just wasn't a skydiver when I bought it. But now I am way past the two year period. I was considering paying more to cover skydiving but according to what you state it would not be necessary... Never asked the company, though.

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Is that positively so? I didn't lie, I just wasn't a skydiver when I bought it. But now I am way past the two year period. I was considering paying more to cover skydiving but according to what you state it would not be necessary... Never asked the company, though.

If you didn't plan on skydiving and hadn't before when you bought the policy it doesn't matter if you do after you buy the policy. If you up the coverage they may ask when you go through underwriting. usually not a big deal with most companies. Especially if you jump frequently. Currency does mean something with them vs a 10 jump a year person.

--------------------------------------------------
May the skys be blue, but never your balls!!!

I have 2 policies once through my Fire Dept, and another through my job. Both cost me nothing. The FD will pay 50k, and the one through my job will pay 2 times my annual pay up to 100k
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I have $1 Million coverage for $2500, no exclusion for skydiving. The agent thought that was unusual, but I snapped it up anyway.

You know you're in trouble when you're still in freefall and you see all the faces on the ground looking up at you.

You really know you're in trouble when all your beneficiaries are smiling. :o

:D

I am in the process of getting insurance through DAN (Dive Alert Network). No exclusions and the rates were half of what the best USPA company could do for me and if I happen to die Scuba diving they pay out an additional 25,000 at no charge.

Click on Premiums for rates based on your age. Doesn't matter if you are a smoker or not.

http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/insurance/life/coverage.asp
Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467